Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Freddie Mercury and Queen  (Read 6180 times)

Jai Guru Deva.

• Getting Better
  • Nothing's gonna change my world.
    • Purple Prose Solo Music
Re: Freddie Mercury and Queen
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:23 PM »

I've been thinking so much about Queen recently and it really surprises me in a good way how much of an impact they've had on me.  They were one of the first types of popular music I ever knew in my whole life, from being about 5 years old, I used to raid my mum's CD rack and listen to allsorts, but Queen was the one that stuck really early on.  I definitely had a very underdeveloped and naive understanding of them, but I was pulled in straight away.  I always admired the huge harmonies (massive harmonic layers were always my fave thing in music, me and me dad have spent days sitting around trying to figure complex songs out by ear) and Brian's guitar skills.  And when I was about 9 or 10, once I'd actually started to understand music more properly as a concept and an artform, and as something you enjoy for reasons bigger than how it sounds, Queen really became everything.  Considering how music dominates my life now and how much I understand about it and feel familiar with it, it really strikes me as a big thing; Queen were the first band I ever obsessed over, the first band I ever thought about with deep meaning, about not just the music as a sound but as a structure and piece of work and art, how it affects us emotionally, and about the band members as people and artists.  Queen were the first band I genuinely loved.  QueenOnline was the first forum I ever joined, at age 11, the reason I created my first email address, the first time I ever shared my love of a band with other devotees across the globe and made friends through music.  Brian was my first silly crush and the first musician I technically, personally and musically admired.  Queen did so much for me as a young music enthusiast, it really makes me smile that they awoke the passion for music inside me properly and set me up to be the musician and music lover I am today.  Imagine if I hadn't gone rooting through those CDs...  it might never have happened.

SORRY!  I could talk about Queen forever...  *swoon*

;sorry

xxx

Limitless, undying love, which shines around me like a million suns, it calls me on and on, across the universe.
Proud author of "It's Only Love: A John Lennon Romance"!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
Re: Freddie Mercury and Queen
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 02:12:08 PM »

I've been thinking so much about Queen recently and it really surprises me in a good way how much of an impact they've had on me.  They were one of the first types of popular music I ever knew in my whole life, from being about 5 years old, I used to raid my mum's CD rack and listen to allsorts, but Queen was the one that stuck really early on.  I definitely had a very underdeveloped and naive understanding of them, but I was pulled in straight away.  I always admired the huge harmonies (massive harmonic layers were always my fave thing in music, me and me dad have spent days sitting around trying to figure complex songs out by ear) and Brian's guitar skills.  And when I was about 9 or 10, once I'd actually started to understand music more properly as a concept and an artform, and as something you enjoy for reasons bigger than how it sounds, Queen really became everything.  Considering how music dominates my life now and how much I understand about it and feel familiar with it, it really strikes me as a big thing; Queen were the first band I ever obsessed over, the first band I ever thought about with deep meaning, about not just the music as a sound but as a structure and piece of work and art, how it affects us emotionally, and about the band members as people and artists.  Queen were the first band I genuinely loved.  QueenOnline was the first forum I ever joined, at age 11, the reason I created my first email address, the first time I ever shared my love of a band with other devotees across the globe and made friends through music.  Brian was my first silly crush and the first musician I technically, personally and musically admired.  Queen did so much for me as a young music enthusiast, it really makes me smile that they awoke the passion for music inside me properly and set me up to be the musician and music lover I am today.  Imagine if I hadn't gone rooting through those CDs...  it might never have happened.

SORRY!  I could talk about Queen forever...  *swoon*

;sorry

xxx

Hi Jai Guru Deva! How are you? I wanted to ask you as well as all of the music fans this question. In your opinion, do you think that Adam Lambert (Runner up on American Idol) would have been a good frontman for QUEEN? Believe it or not, Adam Lambert was asked to join QUEEN by Brian May while May was a guest on American Idol. Many music critics believe that Lambert would have been perfect for QUEEN seeing that he had the high vocal ranges that could match Freddie Mercury's. In my opinion, Freddie Mercury is irreplaceable but I think that Adam Lambert could bring something fresh to QUEEN. What do you think? Take care.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 37 queries.