Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your Most LOVED McCartney Album ?  (Read 3916 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Your Most LOVED McCartney Album ?
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »

Whats your most LOVED McCartney album ?
There are two parts to this poll so you get two votes , and i've only listed the 20 studio albums with original McCartney material .
Live albums , Best Of's , Intrumental / Classical / Soundtrack and Cover albums are not included .
This splits his work nicely between his 70's heyday and his later albums  (thumbsup)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Your Most LOVED McCartney Album ?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:56:37 AM »

It's "RAM" for me which is no surprise , it's closely followed by "Venus And Mars" and "Back To The Egg" both albums i really rate (santa4)

dbone828

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »

Band on the Run for me! :D

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »

Ram.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:37:39 PM »

I'm going to throw a vote to McCartney. It's full of filler, but the best tracks on it- "Maybe I'm Amazed," Every Night," "That Would Be Something," and "Junk" really capture a certain mood for me. Only "Kreen-Akrore" - probably stuck on to bring the album to a respectable length - is boring.  :)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »

I think he should be very proud of his 70's material , yes it's patchy in places , but it's not a bad back catalogue ?

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 03:38:28 PM »

Quote from: 971
I think he should be very proud of his 70's material , yes it's patchy in places , but it's not a bad back catalogue ?

It's an old commonplace, but it's also true: Wings weren't the Beatles, and they lose in the comparison. Add in rock critics distaste for light pop and their preference for John's side (and his political/cultural stance generally) in the battle of the ex-Beatles, and Paul doesn't have a chance in the "who's hip?" competition. But record buyers thought otherwise in the seventies, and I think a good collection of Paul's solo recordings (Wingspan will do) will bear them out on this. Paul wasn't David Bowie or The Clash, but his music is a good example of one version of the seventies.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »

I would have to go with Venus and Mars followed by London Town and  Wings At The Speed Of Sound.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 04:57:57 PM »

McCartney and Band on the run, find it hard to choose.... at a push McCartney.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 06:00:32 PM »

Quote from: 1161

It's an old commonplace, but it's also true: Wings weren't the Beatles, and they lose in the comparison. Add in rock critics distaste for light pop and their preference for John's side (and his political/cultural stance generally) in the battle of the ex-Beatles, and Paul doesn't have a chance in the "who's hip?" competition. But record buyers thought otherwise in the seventies, and I think a good collection of Paul's solo recordings (Wingspan will do) will bear them out on this. Paul wasn't David Bowie or The Clash, but his music is a good example of one version of the seventies.

Thats true Geoff , it's what i liked about Wings they were a good Pop outfit , i loved their albums still do .
Venus and Mars still sounds fresh today .
Paul should never be ashamed of being "Pop" , It's one of the things that make him special .
I can't imagine what it most feel like to pull a worldwide Pop hit out of the bag like "Silly Love Songs" , he should forget chasing John, and big up his own achievments as a "70's Pop Supper Star " in his own right .

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »

Quote from: 971
Paul should never be ashamed of being "Pop" , It's one of the things that make him special .
 he should forget chasing John, and big up his own achievments as a "70's Pop Supper Star " in his own right .

He should follow John's example and just blow off his critics. They respect getting flipped off more than they do sweet reason anyway.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 08:09:16 PM »

For me it`s Venus And Mars definitely. It`s the best, it`s perfect!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 03:31:03 AM »

'RAM' easily

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:20 PM »

Ram is my favourite but i voted Mcartney II as it gets no love from anyone. I like the fact that at that point in his career he had kind of gotten over trying to please everyone(somthing that John and George had done far earlier in their careers) and just made a record  for himself. The material is still quite fresh for me as ive only really listened to it for about 6 months. Imay hate it like evryone else in 6 months time who knows. :D

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 04:28:10 PM »

Quote from: 1699
Ram is my favourite but i voted Mcartney II as it gets no love from anyone. I like the fact that at that point in his career he had kind of gotten over trying to please everyone(somthing that John and George had done far earlier in their careers) and just made a record  for himself. The material is still quite fresh for me as ive only really listened to it for about 6 months. Imay hate it like evryone else in 6 months time who knows. :D

Good for you for votting for McCartney ll  ,mr vandebilt it's one i've been playing quite a bit recently , and playing all the way through , some of the songs i really like like Coming Up ,Waterfalls , On The Way ,One Of These Days and Frozen Jap , the bonus tracks Check My Machine ,Secret Friend and Goodnight Tonight are also  very good .
I've been listening to it on and off since it came out and it's remained quite a fresh album , only Temporary Secretary grates a bit , it's like a drill in your ear .
(crosseyed5)(chainsaw)

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »

Tempoary Secretary is my favourite, i dont know how anyone can dislike it. Whenever i play that people are always suprised that its by Mcartney and that its 30 years old.

I also love Bogey music its like Elvis on acid.

I knw it wont happen but i would love Macca to be produced by Danger Mouse or to collaborate with Damon Albarn and Gorillaz as thats very much the vibe i get from McartneyII

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 07:51:18 PM »

I'm going deaf in my left ear mr vandebilt that repetitive sound on Tempoary Secretary i find disconcerting , i enjoyed it more in the past when my hearing was better .
Damon Albarn would be great for Paul to collaborate with , the Gorillaz last album  as quite a feel of McCartney II .

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »

i think its no surprise that i voted for Ram. my fav of all Beatles solo albums ever!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 02:01:01 AM »

On this list it would have to be Band On The Run for me.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »

Maccan and Damon would be a nice mix i think cant be any worse than Coxon and Weller  ;D ;D ;D it had so much potential aswell
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 81 queries.