Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 'Don't bother rebuilding my house brick by brick s  (Read 2324 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
'Don't bother rebuilding my house brick by brick s
« on: October 10, 2005, 05:27:27 PM »

'Don't bother rebuilding my house brick by brick so you can still say I was born there'

Oct 10 2005

By Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0800beatles/0050news/tm_objectid=16231431%26method=full%26siteid=50061%26headline=%2ddon%2dt%2dbother%2drebuilding%2dmy%2dhouse%2dbrick%2dby%2dbrick%2dso%2dyou%2dcan%2dstill%2dsay%2di%2dwas%2dborn%2dthere%2d-name_page.html

RINGO Starr has a message for campaigners fighting to save his old home from the bulldozers: "Don't bother."

The Beatles drummer says he "does not see the sense" in preserving his former home in Liverpool's Welsh Streets.

Ringo was born in a terraced house in Madryn Street, Toxteth, which is in the middle of a demolition zone.

Liverpool council plans to take down the property brick by brick to keep it for future generations.

But Ringo has dismissed the idea. He said in a TV interview: "Now they are knocking it down brick by brick because they are going to build flats there or high-rise or something, I don't know.

"They are going to put it somewhere else and I do not see the sense of putting it anywhere else, because you are going to have to put a plaque on whatever they build saying 'Ringo Starr was born here'. Well, not really."

Ringo then said he had never thought about buying the Madryn Street house.

He added: "Actually, Admiral Grove was the house I grew up in. I was in that house [Madryn Street] for four years, but it is the one that everyone likes."

Liverpool's housing chief Cllr Flo Clucas has now offered to meet Ringo to explain the council's thinking.

Earlier this year, Ringo spoke out against plans to transform Merseyside's housing market by demolishing thousands of crumbling homes and replacing them with brand- new property.

Story continues

The

Ssarah

• A Thousand Pages
Re: 'Don't bother rebuilding my house brick by brick s
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 01:35:51 AM »

Atleast he is real about it and not selfish. He could instead, sell each brick for charity...
Beatle Ssarah on the forum,
Everyday she posts some more on.
Sometimes triv and sometimes questions,
Chooses tracks and lists the best uns!

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 09:11:09 AM »

RINGO HOUSE MOVE

11 October 2005

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16232742&method=full&siteid=66633&headline=ringo-house-move-name_page.html

Ex-Radio 1 DJ Emperor Rosco wants to ship the Liverpool house in which Beatles drummer Ringo Starr grew up to Los Angeles and rebuild it.

The terraced house, in Toxteth, is due to be demolished.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 11:10:36 AM »

He was on the Frank Skinner show saying all this. He seemed very dis-enchanted with the idea.

He said, 'How can they call it the place where I was born if it has been moved?'

http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.422 seconds with 45 queries.