Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: John's Speaking Voice  (Read 2819 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
John's Speaking Voice
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:43:52 AM »

John's Speaking Voice

"Hello, this is John speaking with his voice!"

Having watched the dpcumentary "John Lennon: Love Is All You Need" on the Bio Channel, I couldn't help to notice in the various interview clips of him from the late 1960s and the early to mid 1970s, his voice fluctuates from his deep thick Liverpool accent to his voice sounding soemwhat high pitched like it was on helium. Just seeing his voice change from hi to low and so on in these intervoew clips, I thought I was hearing 2 different people. An interview of him from 1969 during the Bed-In in Montreal, his voice sounds fast pitched. There was another interview of him from 1972 where he also sounded high pitched in his voice. Is it possible the speed of the tape of the film made his voice sound faster than it really was? Or did John have a way of manipulating his speaking voice? Did he speak in certain tones? I know that early on at the height of Beatlemanina that he spoke with a false Scouse accent in 1964-65 and not his true voice.

KelMar

Re: John's Speaking Voice
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:24 AM »

Quote from: I am the Paulrus
Having watched the dpcumentary "John Lennon: Love Is All You Need" on the Bio Channel, I couldn't help to notice in the various interview clips of him from the late 1960s and the early to mid 1970s, his voice fluctuates from his deep thick Liverpool accent to his voice sounding soemwhat high pitched like it was on helium.

I've noticed that too but don't know what to attibute it to.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:00:29 AM »

Ex-mulher de John Lennon fala sobre Yoko Ono no documentário Love Is All You Need

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »

I've noticed that too but don't know what to attibute it to.

I think 'speed' is the right word. In its different meanings.

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 45 queries.