Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: George's sister - Louise  (Read 2404 times)

raxo

• Sun King
George's sister - Louise
« on: December 26, 2006, 04:24:27 PM »

December 3, 2006
HARRISON SISTER'S J50K LP

A rare signed Beatles album belonging to George Harrison's sister is going under the hammer - and is expected to fetch more than J50,000.

Harrison's only sister Louise is parting with her copy of Meet The Beatles, the first album they released in the US.

Louise got it signed on a train to Washington DC on the band's first concert tour of America in 1964.

"I got all of them to sign it for me," said Louise, 75.

For a while, the record - one of only nine signed US albums - was housed in a rock'n'roll display in President Clinton's library in Little Rock, Arkansas.

When Louise, who lives in a trailer in Branson, Missouri, realised how much it was worth, she decided to sell. She said: "It would be best to use it to help my family."

Louise plans to split the cash between her family, charity, and the Liverpool Legends, a Beatles tribute band she manages

On February 11, 1964 just two days after the Beatles historic first appearance on the Ed Sullivan show in New York, the band boarded a train en route to Washington D.C., where they played their first U.S. concert before a paying audience at the Washington Coliseum. On the train with the Beatles were reporters, as well as members of the Beatles entourage including Louise Harrison, George

raxo

• Sun King
Re: George's sister - Louise
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 04:29:41 PM »

I've read somewhere that she was the first relative that made a record ...
... even before John's dad  ??) ... ([size=9]I'm not saying it was this^[/size])

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 04:35:36 PM »

Louise talking about her organization: We Care Global Family at Beatlerama '94 ... [size=9](bad sound)[/size]  

Here (12,1 Mb, 11 minutes):
http://rapidshare.com/files/9024100/LOUISE_HARRISON_-_We_Care_Global_Family__1994_.wmv.html

BlueMeanie

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 07:14:11 PM »

Rax, you should probably re-post this under 'Albums'.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 07:24:11 PM »

I thought it too ... but probably only the first thread 'cos the others are about his sister ... I'm going to do but I'm not sure if it's needed  :-/ ... I knew it was (delayed) news but ... OK, let's do it!  :)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 05:39:13 PM »

louise harrison the manager:

http://dmbeatles.com/forums/m-1113711894/

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 06:08:20 PM »

Anyone know  how much older Louise is than George, what she was doing when George was slagging off from middle school with Paul and John (was she in school too, or married, or in America already?), when she moved to America, what the Beatles did while George visited her there (no gigs, in the middle of burgeoning Beatlemania? ... interesting!).

I've heard her talk on Beatle-a-rama interviews, she seems nice. There was a tearjerker one where she describes having given all of the letters George had written to her during Beatlemania back to him. He read them years later, maybe after he got very sick, and he told her that it was very uplifting to him. Apparently the only memories he had of those days were unhappy and bitter ones, but reading the letters (he told her) made him realize how happy a time it was for all of them, and it brought him lots of joy to do that.

I'm really happy George got to remember that side of those days before he died.
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 11:44:58 AM »

She's born on August 16, 1931.
Found this on her:
Louise Harrison was born in Liverpool, England, the first child and only daughter of Harold and Louise Harrison. You may not know about Louise, but most of humanity in the latter half of the 20th Century have certainly heard of - and know a lot about -  her youngest brother George. Yes, he was also the youngest of the four Liverpool lads known as The Beatles!

When Beatlemania burst forth in the early 60's, Harold and Louise Harrison responded warmly to the multitude of Beatle fans worldwide who wrote letters to and about their son, thus becoming Mum and Dad to a warm and loving Global Family of Beatle People. During 1964 and 1965 Louise, living in Illinois, found herself writing and broadcasting daily Beatle reports nationwide, due to public demand for news of The Beatles. Her distinctive voice with its British accent is immediately recognized by Beatle People all over the world. She has made hundreds of public appearances to greet and hug Beatle People all over the U.S., Europe, Canada and Mexico. When her parents died in the late 1970s, Louise became Mum, known by many as "the flying mum," to what she fondly refers to as her Global Family.

Louise has been on dozens of TV shows. Internationally, she has been seen on CNN's Larry King Live, Aaron Brown, Paula Zahn and Talk Back Live. Nationally , she has appeared on The Today Show, Good Morning America and many more.

As for radio, besides hosting her own radio talk show in the late 1960's, Louise has been a guest on dozens of other radio shows. Worldwide, countless newspaper articles  have been written with Louise as the subject. She also has been featured in magazines such as Rolling Stone, People and Modern Maturity.

During the 1990's Louise founded and ran "DROP-IN", an environmental not-for-profit organization. The World Watch Institute and The Union of Concerned Scientists both worked closely with Louise, giving advice as she researched, wrote and broadcast 170 Public Service Announcements (PSAs) (backed by George's song "Save the World") which she called Good Earth Keeping tips. These PSAs ran for about 18 months on 9,200 Westwood One & ABC Oldies Satellite radio stations in the U.S. during 1993 & 1994.

Over the years, Louise has appeared at Beatle events all over the U.S., Canada, Mexico , Europe and Argentina. An eloquent and gifted public speaker, Louise has spoken at Colleges and Schools, Conventions, Corporate Functions and Service Organizations, as well as fundraisers for many other Charities.

In 2005 Louise formed Louise Harrison Entertainment, LTD. Its goal was to introduce and manage a new Beatles Tribute band, Liverpool Legends. Having worked with the band to incorporate many ideas from conversations she had with her brother, Louise believes that this is the kind of band with whom George would have enjoyed playing.

The members of Liverpool Legends enjoy each other's company with no ego trips, play a wide variety of Beatle and individual Beatle music, as well as some of their personal favorites. Both management and the band are dedicated to upholding and continuing the positive impact of the Beatles on the Planet. When her tight schedule permits, Louise occasionally appears with the band. In addition to interactive chats with the audience, she also gives spoken interpretations of some of her brother's most meaningful songs.

In conclusion, Louise, after 40 years experience, is totally professional, a true English lady who greets each and everyone of her Global Family of Beatle People with real love and a warm hug. People from every walk of life find meeting with Louise to be a happy and uplifting experience.

Page created in 0.437 seconds with 50 queries.