Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Exclusive: Paul McCartney‘s next album:  (Read 1560 times)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Exclusive: Paul McCartney‘s next album:
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:58:56 AM »

he’ll celebrate his 70th birthday next year with a CD of standards. He’s been recording with Diana Krall and her jazz musicians. Tommy LiPuma, the legendary Warner Bros. producer of George Benson and Miles Davis, Anita Baker, and Dr. John, is guiding the project. Sources tell me that the album contains standards–’But not the usual ones’– and some new songs Paul wrote just for this record. Paul knows Krall, of course. He’s recorded a lot with her husband, Elvis Costello. Meantime, look for the Beatles’ exclusive deal with ITunes to expire sometime in the next few months. The one year anniversary is November 16th. Amazon ships its Kindle Fire the day before. Look for Amazon to jump on the Beatles downloads ASAP for new Kindle owners. As for Paul, he’s now had successful reissues of “McCartney” and “Band on the Run.” Let’s hope “Ram” is on its way. And a box set.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Exclusive: Paul McCartney‘s next album:
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:47:15 AM »

Thats disappointing. Screw standards. Give me original stuff.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »

Meantime, look for the Beatles’ exclusive deal with ITunes to expire sometime in the next few months. The one year anniversary is November 16th.

Do you have any information that the rest of us don't? I would be surprised by this, as I think it is a big revenue generator, as if they needed it.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

Strawberry Field

• A Beginning
  • Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »

He should come out with a better, updated hits comp next year and a new album of original material - Call it McCartney III.

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 48 queries.