Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Brian Wilson's review of Rubber Soul  (Read 9969 times)

dcowboys107

• A Beginning
  • Surf's Up
Re: Brian Wilson's review of Rubber Soul
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »

Brian has a point though. Let it Be is when The Beatles had it all together for some reason musically.  They fought, etc but there is something so cohesive and kick ass about that album.  What legends.  I still get a chill from "I've got a Feeling".  Awesome quotation.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

maywitch

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 07:54:43 PM »

Yeah I actually like Let It Be.  Aside from the emotional things they were going through at the time, I'm not even sure why the Beatles were so down on it and I certainly don't think it needed "Spectre-ization" to built it up.  I was reading on another board that apparently bootlegs of the songs this album got out even BEFORE Let it Be was even officially released back in 1970 and a lot of people who had those bootlegs felt they were better than the official release BECAUSE of the immediacy of the sound.  The "bones" of many of those songs were great and didn't really need much else.

I love "I've Got a Feeling"  I remember the first time I heard that, which was I guess about 14 years ago, I was just like "How have I never heard this fantastic song before?" :D Paul's voice is awesome on this album.

Matildamother

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 05:46:19 PM »

Rubber Soul  was the album that made Brian Wilson think in terms of albums as a collective unit. I think musically speaking they were starting to go outside the norms of pop and rock music. Take for example  "Norwegian Wood" the sitar and where one part is in Mixolydian mode and then the next part is Dorian mode. I wish they could have added "We Can Work It Out" which is a great track.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.456 seconds with 40 queries.