Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Dig A Pony  (Read 3790 times)

raxo

• Sun King
Re: I Dig A Pony
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2006, 04:45:03 AM »

Quote from: 403
I think Ydoll meant a song actually written at the time they were in the 'Get Back sessions'. I know 'Get Back' itself was being developed during the first few weeks and I think 'Dig a pony' was too. Though I don't know why people like the rooftop version the best when thats the only version officially released. The regular 'Let it Be' version was altered a bit by Phil Spector and the 'Let it Be...Naked' version is a more cleaned version.
Surely we can find more songs written by that time :) ... anyway, I agree with you ... and that's why I say that it's more 'hidden' than underrated ...

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
  • In my life....I love you more
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:22 PM »

I think it's a great little track.  The guitar work (both rhythm and lead) during the verses and the break are excellent.

Here's another clue for you all; the Walrus was Paul...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 11:39:56 PM »

^And we shouldn't forget that it's a live track!  ;D

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 05:57:17 AM »

I LOVE John's voice on this song. I think it's a great song. I don't like that Spector cut off the All I want is you lines on LIB though. What was the point of that?

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:02 AM »

Quote from: 297
^And we shouldn't forget that it's a live track!  ;D

Yeah, right on.  Makes it even more special.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:26 AM »

Quote from: 398
Yeah, right on.  Makes it even more special.
It shows that they could still play good rock ... even playing in the cold air of London morning! And George wassn't convinced to play that day but ... they're professional! :)

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 11:15:09 PM »

Quote from: 297
It shows that they could still play good rock ... even playing in the cold air of London morning! And George wassn't convinced to play that day but ... they're professional! :)

Yeah, for a guy who really didn't want to be there, I think George showed his great professionalism  (Plus I think his actual playing was quite good despite the cold!).  Might be a lesson there for some of today's so called "musicians".

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »

Yeah, for a guy who really didn't want to be there, I think George showed his great professionalism  (Plus I think his actual playing was quite good despite the cold!).  Might be a lesson there for some of today's so called "musicians".

And some people still think that they were not good as a band (forget about being individual musicians 'cos that's another thing) ... if they could sound so in those conditions and having all the problems people think they had in January 1969 (I think there was not as much tension and problems during those sessions as we are told) I can't even think of comparing any other band with them! 8)

Will Campbell

• A Beginning
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 11:24:37 PM »

I agree somewhat, raxo and that's why I love the image I use in my signature.  Despite all the hassles that were going on, they really did care about each other and especially the music.  None of them wanted to put out anyting with The Beatles' name on it that was crap.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 12:48:58 AM »

I agree somewhat, raxo and that's why I love the image I use in my signature.  Despite all the hassles that were going on, they really did care about each other and especially the music.  None of them wanted to put out anyting with The Beatles' name on it that was crap.

My thoughts too ... and one fact is that John (George seemed to agree) gave the tapes to Phil Spector to try to release a good album and not all that crap they usually said it was ... why did he do that? ...
... and I can remember laughter and good vibrations too during those 20 days (not more) of recording sessions! Ringo said something positive about it too ...

ElementaryPenguin

• A Beginning
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 10:37:59 PM »

Whenever I put in Let It Be-which is full of amazing songs that make me happy ;)- I have to listen to this song!

What's not to love in these lyrics?

Well you can celebrate anything you want

Well you can radiate everything you are

Well you can imitate everyone you know

I told you so
All I want is you
[size=14] &quot;Reality leaves a lot to the imagination&quot;-JL<br /><br />&quot;It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurryi

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 09:58:05 PM »

I like the song a lot.  I still don't know what digging a pony has to do with wanting a girl, but whatever.  A fun song, my four-year old son goes around the house singing: "becauuuussseeee"
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 62 queries.