Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Here comes Hurricane Katrina!  (Read 4372 times)

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
Re: Here comes Hurricane Katrina!
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2005, 01:44:30 PM »

The Gov. did announce a state of emergency as the Mayor did call for immediate evacuation there was enough time to get troops and people down there to IMMEDIATELY  policing and holding the city safe.

If the blame was to be pointed then the Gov. and Mayor are highly likely to lose their jobs but the mayor did order evac and then when poor people didnt want to go he said go to the atsrodome... but he had not prepared that place for them he just suggested it be safer than their houses, he neglected 10,000 people not wanting to leave. Bush will only get a low opinion poll and suffer in the short term, but Bush's reaction was disgusting and slow, true the law states that feds can't come in unless invited, they were invited and they should have been READY, Bush knew the scale of this and he should have had the people ready in choppers and planes and cars trucks whatever and ready to say "GO GO GO" as soon as that call came through.

How long did it take to get FEMA or National Guardsmen (the ones that Bush has not sent to Iraq) etc take to get there and make a difference.

http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2005, 02:01:45 PM »

I'm not from your parts, so excuse me if I'm out of line. But I can't imagine that any Government could afford to have an armada of trucks and copters ready to go everytime a hurricane shows up. They have to gather it together, and that that took days is not too bad.
I think the scale of it took everyone by suprise, and noone counted on so many people staying behind, which I would have thought was a local thing.
Maybe hollywood has made us think the cavalry always gets there on time.
don't follow leaders

mclen57

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2005, 02:49:45 PM »

Quote from: Jonny_Moondog
The Gov. did announce a state of emergency as the Mayor did call for immediate evacuation there was enough time to get troops and people down there to IMMEDIATELY
Henry the Horse

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2005, 05:58:02 AM »

Quote from: Frightwolf
I think it's a lack of education that causes people to shoot at support helicopters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 47 queries.