Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fancy a burger ?  (Read 2677 times)

nimrod

Fancy a burger ?
« on: August 03, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »

:o

According to Oliver, the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption.

http://www.thegreentimes.co.za/stories/food-and-drink/item/2175-jamie-oliver-campaign-makes-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-change-recipe

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Fancy a burger ?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 04:32:43 PM »

Yeccchhh. I heard about the "pink slime process" when I read Robin Cook's (fiction) book Toxin. I haven't been able to eat ground beef since.  :-X

Thanks for sharing!

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

There's a lot not to love about McDonald's. Have you ever seen the documentary "Super Size Me"? It shows what 30 days of nothing but McDonald's food does to a person. That seems extreme but a lot of people live on that kind of stuff. It's cheap and convenient but the real cost is staggering.

http://youtu.be/1Br0dY2sdOM

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »

Just to make matters worse! Years ago I read in a article that the McDonalds Corp. owned and operated the worlds largest worm farm!!! I also thought the article suggested they used the dried flakes as fillers! Maybe that's how they get their unique flavor!! Blechhh!!!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 06:39:37 PM »

Very old Big Mac 70's commercial

;D
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 07:50:41 PM »

Just to make matters worse! Years ago I read in a article that the McDonalds Corp. owned and operated the worlds largest worm farm!!! I also thought the article suggested they used the dried flakes as fillers! Maybe that's how they get their unique flavor!! Blechhh!!!

Now that's just not true! Worms cost more per pound than beef does. Ray Kroc, the founder of the McDonald's Corp. even said so:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/wormburg.asp

Doesn't that make everyone feel better?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 01:00:29 AM »

I don't feel any different.  I've enjoyed Big Macs for years.  But I like Burger King better because they grill their burgers.

It's good food to have every so often.
I can stay till it's time to go

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »

Now that's just not true! Worms cost more per pound than beef does. Ray Kroc, the founder of the McDonald's Corp. even said so:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/wormburg.asp

Whatever! I did read it!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 08:27:43 AM »

nimrod

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 11:30:18 AM »

There's a lot not to love about McDonald's.

I agree with you Kelley

and if this stops only a hundred thousand people out of a hundred million buying it them Im sure the land fills will be all the better places for it
Its terrible how much stuff is chucked in the bin from just one of their meals, Im glad I dont like theyre food

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 12:03:07 PM »

The fact that I have trouble digesting red meat used to bother me because I loved burgers.  That hasn't been the case in the last few years as stuff like this comes to light.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »

The fact that I have trouble digesting red meat used to bother me because I loved burgers.  That hasn't been the case in the last few years as stuff like this comes to light.
I've added a much higher proportion of organic bison and buffalo to my meat diet this year. It's expensive but worth it!
Mark Twain

Page created in 0.898 seconds with 62 queries.