Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Is this the End  (Read 12922 times)

Re: Is this the End
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 01:58:12 AM »

Oh well, it don't matter, they fell in love and the rest, as they say, is history.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 02:48:26 AM »

Junior, I sent what you said here:

Just my opinion:  When two people are passionate about anything causes, distress, tragedy, etc., there is a connection which often times gets mistaken for love/ soulmates, etc. To Wit: When Christie Brinkley and that Real Estate magnate from Telluride got into that helicopter crash, they were instantly bonded by an absolutely unique circumstance, felt close because only they could understand what they went through, and decided it was love. She left Billy Joel, and her marriage to this guy lasted 8 months because the only thing they really had in common was this helicopter crash. Paul will never get over Linda. Ever. He found in Heather someone that shared the same passion for the rights of animals, the land-mine cause, etc., and in the mean time, probably had some laughs, made love, felt close and on and on. They didn't have much time for passion. They were always on planes, going here, going there, interviewing, etc. They never had time to get to know each other and sooner or later, that bond you started out with is going to wear thinner and thinner- there just aren't enough hours in the day. They had two choices-sit in a room or go out where the papparazzi is going to follow your every move. This marriage didn't stand a chance. It's just another example of how you can't do anything out of passion, because passion will f*** you up, but we mere mortals will never experience the esoteric and unique position they were/are in. I feel bad for both of them. They both, no doubt, care and love one another, I don't know if they were ever in love, but I'm sure they loved each other. She grew alot in the past 5 years or however long they've known each other, but they just had no hope. Whatever she ends up with, she will be fine, and so will Paul, he's not about to go broke. I don't think she's a loser or a a gold-digger, she just ended up with a guy. A famous guy. And she didn't even know his music. Paul will carry a torch for the rest of his life, and let's just hope he doesn't end up getting married 50 times trying to find Linda.

To a friend of mine.  He thinks it was well-written and sort of profound.

I can't help but understand a lot of these sentiments.  Paul McCartney was a man who could have probably gotten any woman he desired, but he was able to stick with one, without any significant marital problems.  The rest of the Beatles had been divorced once with somebody, but he carried a torch for a long time as the one Beatles who was able to have an excellent marriage with someone he carried deeply about, and only one marriage (until now, of course).  I'm no expert on love and marriage by any stretch, but it would make sense that, after an experience such as that, one would long for another woman such as Linda.

Bobber

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2006, 08:22:10 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm
Eurosh*t.

:-/

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2006, 09:38:31 AM »

^ The guy must be running out of people to abuse. I found his rant at Mairi particuly disturbing. A thirty something guy hurling abuse at a 15 yearold like some pyscho jilted lover gave me the creeps. And we worry about Wayne or Dirk. Personally I'm getting sick of it. Disagree with people by all means, but don't abuse them for having different views. And if some teenager throws some swearwords at you, be the bigger man and treat it with the disdain it deserves. Check out how The End dealt with Masterfasters little tantrum the other day. It ain't so hard.
don't follow leaders

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2006, 10:36:36 AM »

People seem to make it a sport around here.....it's all a bit dis-enchanting.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »

it is a hard call because its seemed provoked thru other posts....dwaynes not a bad guy he just can't communicate well with the new youth........al helped created this monster when he let him run the bootleg section.....you should ask him to shape up or ship out.....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2006, 12:14:09 PM »

he may get mad but he is reasonable.........

Bobber

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2006, 12:40:54 PM »

MESSAGE FROM PAUL - 17.05.2006  

By now you will have probably heard the unfortunate news that Heather and I are going our separate ways. We have issued a statement expressing our sadness at this turn of events but I would like to let people know my feelings about some of the stories which have appeared in the media over the past few days.

I'm really disappointed that during a very difficult and emotional time for both Heather and myself there are certain people in the media who are writing things about Heather that are just plain untrue. It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this. She is a very generous person who spends most of her time trying to help others in greater need than herself. All the work she does is unpaid so these stories are ridiculous and completely unfounded. I'm very sad to see that some insensitive people would choose a moment like this to spread these vicious rumours.  

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 01:19:49 PM »

ok paul,,,,i'll stop....

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2006, 03:56:13 PM »

yeah..same..wish my parents would though ;)

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006, 07:36:29 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b
^ The guy must be running out of people to abuse. I found his rant at Mairi particuly disturbing. A thirty something guy hurling abuse at a 15 yearold like some pyscho jilted lover gave me the creeps. And we worry about Wayne or Dirk. Personally I'm getting sick of it. Disagree with people by all means, but don't abuse them for having different views. And if some teenager throws some swearwords at you, be the bigger man and treat it with the disdain it deserves. Check out how The End dealt with Masterfasters little tantrum the other day. It ain't so hard.

I was the one that told him to take it easy.

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »

Quote from: Frightwolf
Junior, I sent what you said here:

.[/i]

To a friend of mine.  He thinks it was well-written and sort of profound.

I can't help but understand a lot of these sentiments.  Paul McCartney was a man who could have probably gotten any woman he desired, but he was able to stick with one, without any significant marital problems.  The rest of the Beatles had been divorced once with somebody, but he carried a torch for a long time as the one Beatles who was able to have an excellent marriage with someone he carried deeply about, and only one marriage (until now, of course).  I'm no expert on love and marriage by any stretch, but it would make sense that, after an experience such as that, one would long for another woman such as Linda.

Very true, but she was one of a kind, at least to him, and he will be carrying a torch for her the rest of his life. He and Heather had some things in common, the courtship was hasty and there was no way. It's like if your favorite color is blue and you meet some chick whose favorite color is blue, and you decide to make a life decision based on that one thing, it's a longshot that it will work. It does make me sad for Paul because in alot of ways it goes to show how he was trying to fill a void that will never be filled. Glad your friend liked my wordy dissertation.

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »

Quote from: Bobber

:-/
That wasn't categorical. I was talking about a few of the kids on this site.

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2006, 07:45:32 PM »

Quote from: kevin_b

You have no clue Kevin. Mind your own business.

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2006, 07:53:50 PM »

Quote from: pc31
it is a hard call because its seemed provoked thru other posts....dwaynes not a bad guy he just can't communicate well with the new youth........al helped created this monster when he let him run the bootleg section.....you should ask him to shape up or ship out.....

Thanks PC. I'd gone 15 rounds with people that took me to task before the Bootleg Section was created. I don't like to argue, but if someone pushes, I push back. Thanks for the 'Creating a Monster' comment as well-I find that very insulting and unfair. If you think I've let that go to my head, you are terribly mistaken. I have suggested in the past that Bobber should be the Moderator--that boy has made an enormous contribution to that Forum, and I don't want the keys to the city. I've been kind to everyone on that Forum, even the people that have said sh*t about me in the past, etc. And it's Duane.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2006, 10:46:52 PM »

ok JF, they have a point. i may make really, really, god-awful, "damn me to hell", terrible jokes, but i admit that it was terrible. you on the other hand, you dont understand that abusing other users is as bad, if not worst, then what Dirk and Wayne do. at least with wayne it was comical and we could all get a nice chuckle out of it.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2006, 11:21:39 PM »

I ain't sayin' she's a goldigger... (grin)

But on a more serious note, I would like to say that after 30 years of what seemed like a perfect marriage (at least from the outside anyway) Paul's going to have a hard time finding someone like Linda. She came a ong at a time when he was at his worst. The band was breaking up, he was having self-doubts, etc. But Heather came along when he was already a successful Beatle/solo artist. So all she basically did was feed his ego.
Of course this is all speculation since I don't know Paul or Heather personally, but that's the way I tend to see this.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2006, 12:16:43 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

I have suggested in the past that Bobber should be the Moderator--that boy has made an enormous contribution to that Forum, and I don't want the keys to the city.

I agree....I physically cannot be around as much...also, it's just not a lot of fun...just people taking things too seriously, sly, jealous jibing or manipulating/provoking situations to ease their own boredom. I just don't feel much beatle spirit around here anymore....That's no derogatory to the positive posters. I ain't even having a go at the retaliators for i have been guilty of that too. I have adhered to the guidelines of the forum and not tried to moderate too heavily....free speech an all that.....Still without being a drama queen it may be time for me to pass on the flame. As a self labeled yoda of sorts, there is too much b****in and dark vibes there is. I like sunshine in my life for the dark clouds are not going to dampen my soul.

Splitting hairs on the beatles is one thing, assuming that your personal views are above and better than anybody elses is another.....I just got tired of it. I'm happy how I dig The Beatles and I don't need no forum to re-enforce that. I seriously think Lennon would be pi**ing himself if he read half the crap on here.

Thanks for all interactions, I have gained soo much from this place....I ain't leaving, just gonna put my beatle energy into other areas for a bit (no not another forum.). I'll be keeping in touch with the great friends I have made on here....So it's ciao 4 now amigo's, Happy Beatling!!!! Al, Dmitry if you still need me, I'm here but I think Bobber is the man...fair, informative and helpful.

See you at The Isle of Wight festival if any of you can make it. Peace & Love.
 :K)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2006, 12:25:29 AM »

OK, well, all I have to say is: Don't sweat over the net. Some things are always going to be taken the wrong way but in the end we can all work it out.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2006, 12:32:34 AM »

aww, good by apple. gonna miss you. as for the lack of beatle talk, i think most of it was because the ones that have been on here for a long time have learned and discussed most of any beatle related thing. this isnt like a computer or gaming forum where there is always something new. there is only so much you can learn about the greatest rock band before its all just repeated. we just dont have as many noobs about beatles trivia as we used to. now we're restricted to sporadic beatle related news and random polls.

you're not the only one whos kindve losing interest in the threads on this forum. as much as we love the beatles, sadly thats the only thing holding this place together so we're bound to end up ranting and flaming each others.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 79 queries.