Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 641251 times)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9160 on: June 07, 2014, 11:19:59 AM »

Like this? Around here it's more like this:
My dad used to do that but I thought it was hilarious! My mom would get all frayed! "Listen to what your teaching that kid"! She couldn't live without it though! Lol!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 03:53:11 PM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9161 on: June 07, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »

Like this? Around here it's more like this:

LOL. Love that second one. I mimic it all the time by rubbing my index finger and thumb together. Really annoys my daughters.  ha2ha

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9162 on: June 08, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »

Crickey, can't even read a book without my glasses...

Ha! Kaleidoscope eyes indeed! ;D

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

KelMar

« Reply #9163 on: June 08, 2014, 01:54:35 AM »

Crickey, can't even read a book without my glasses...

Ha! Kaleidoscope eyes indeed! ;D

I feel your pain KE! I got up in the middle of the night to adjust the air conditioner and had no idea what I was doing since my glasses were downstairs. I hadn't realized how bad it's gotten!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9164 on: June 08, 2014, 03:07:26 PM »

http://youtu.be/5xobyX2DWT4?t=24s

Who told you, you need glasses?
5:15-6:15
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9165 on: June 18, 2014, 12:27:48 AM »

Just finished "The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: What the Jury Never Heard." At the end the narrator said that the private owner of the infamous white Bronco rents it out for parties and special events. So morbid, IMO.

OK, a search of some online/print sources didn't support NBC's allegation, so -- who knows.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:54:55 AM by Normandie »

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9166 on: June 18, 2014, 02:23:00 AM »

I just read an article this week that suggests that OJ is covering for his son. it will be interesting to see what comes of it if anything.
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9167 on: June 18, 2014, 02:38:27 AM »

I just read an article this week that suggests that OJ is covering for his son. it will be interesting to see what comes of it if anything.

Looks like someone has a book to sell.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #9168 on: June 18, 2014, 03:30:17 AM »

Who told you, you need glasses?
5:15-6:15

You know, I actually find The Three Stooges to be pretty funny now. Used to be I couldn't stand them. I'm not really sure what that means, LOL.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9169 on: June 18, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »

I think it means your finally in touch with your "inner boy" or, you've lightened up enough you can enjoy a little slapstick!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #9170 on: June 18, 2014, 07:25:09 PM »

I think it means your finally in touch with your "inner boy"

Oh no! Sounds like a hormone problem. I'll vote for lightening up.  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9171 on: June 18, 2014, 07:31:52 PM »

Wasn't his son like, 10, at the time? (I'm not expecting an answer to that, just thinking aloud  ;))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:51:37 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9172 on: June 18, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »

You know, I actually find The Three Stooges to be pretty funny now. Used to be I couldn't stand them. I'm not really sure what that means, LOL.

Hm, maybe I should give them another try. I've never seen the humor in The Three Stooges, although I realize I'm definitely in the minority.

KelMar

« Reply #9173 on: June 18, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »

Hm, maybe I should give them another try. I've never seen the humor in The Three Stooges, although I realize I'm definitely in the minority.

I don't think you're in the minority as far as females go. Most girls hate the Three Stooges. I can't say that I could sit and watch them for hours like I sometimes do with my "All in the Family" DVDs but I definitely find them funnier than I used to. There's this one where they're sleeping under a car that really made me laugh. That may have been my "come to Stooges moment". LOL

ibanez_ax

• Getting Better
« Reply #9174 on: June 18, 2014, 09:07:18 PM »

I used to have over 20 hours of The Three Stooges on VHS tapes.  I should have had them transferred to DVD.
What, is he dead?  Sit you down, father.  Rest you.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9175 on: June 19, 2014, 02:21:10 AM »

Sure, The Three Stooges were slapstick ex-vaudevillians known for their zany antics in the 200 or so films they appeared in.  Were they funny?  Well, that depends on the viewers sense of humor.

Were they intelligent?  Very much so.  And they were very proactive.  Their own favorite short was "You Nazty Spy!"  The film satirized the Nazis and the Third Reich and helped publicize the Nazi threat in a period when the United States was still neutral about World War II, and isolationist sentiment was prevalent among the public.  Moe, Larry and Curly played three painters and wallpaper hangers recruited by munitions manufacturers to be titular dictatorship leaders in the fictional country of Moronica.  "You Nazty Spy!" was the first Hollywood film to spoof Hitler.  It was released in 1940 nine months before the Charlie Chaplin film "The Great Dictator," which began filming in September 1939. 

The Three stooges were brilliant political satirists...

“My good people of Moronica. I’m very happy to see this little gathering. We must throw off the yoke of monarchy and make our country safe for hypocrisy. Our motto shall be: ‘Moronica for Morons.’ We will have less work and more play. Every Thursday, you will receive hamburgers and eggs. Moronica must expand. We must extend our neighbors a helping hand. We will extend them two helping hands and help ourselves to our neighbors.”

The Three Stooges: Moe becomes hailstone dictator of moronica (he looks just like Hitler)

You Nazty Spy

They took another crack at Hitler a year later in "I'll Never Heil Again..."

I'll Never Heil Again

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9176 on: June 19, 2014, 02:27:31 AM »

I read that Hitler was a fan until they did these two shorts!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9177 on: June 19, 2014, 02:38:47 AM »

Oh no! Sounds like a hormone problem. I'll vote for lightening up.  ;)
I agree! Who needs a hormone problem!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9178 on: June 19, 2014, 02:40:23 AM »

I read that Hitler was a fan until they did these two shorts!

I guess he didn't know that Moshe Horwitz, Louis Feinberg, and Jerome Horwitz were Jewish.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9179 on: June 19, 2014, 02:41:40 AM »

Wasn't his son like, 10, at the time? (I'm not expecting an answer to that, just thinking aloud  ;))
I think he was older. It was an online article a while ago. He had bad psych problems. I would have to dig it up to get it right.
I dug it up! That was easy!
It says Jason was 24, had Intermittent Rage Disorder carried that knife(had his initials carved in the sheath), Had assaulted his old boss with this knife and had attempted suicide 3 times before and been institutionalized before.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:10:30 AM by Dcazz »
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 527

Page created in 0.537 seconds with 81 queries.