Beatles forums > The Beatles

When did live George & Ringo at Green St. flat??

<< < (2/5) > >>

Xose:
On Anthology book Ringo & George speak of Green Street. Astrid also names Green Street. Klaus said that he lived with George and Ringo in Green Street (=that is what I'm really trying to find out: when did Klaus live with them there...)

Did they really live in Whaddon House?? If so..., when??  ???

Xosé

peterbell1:
From what I remember, all four Beatles moved into Green Street in Autumn 1963, after spending a short time at the Hotel President when they first moved from Liverpool to London.
But I think they had all left Green Street by early 1964. John went to Knightsbridge with Cynthia and Julian (possibly in Nov 1963); Paul moved into Wimpole Street with the Ashers (late 63/early 64); and George and Ringo moved into a shared flat in Whaddon House, where Brian Epstein already had an apartment.
Perhaps Astrid Kirchherr is mistaken when she says she stayed at Green Street - maybe she meant Whaddon House?

Badgirl66:
57 Green Street, W1.
Flat L on the fourth floor was the only place apart from hotels where all four Beatles lived together. Precise dates are not known due to secrecy, although their address was eventually discovered by fans. They moved in probably between 1 and 15 September 1963. Paul and John left by the end of November. George and Ringo then moved temporarily to flat I on the third floor but were asked to move out by their landlady Mrs Thorogood due to the noise from fans outside. They did so after their first US trip in February 64.

Whaddon House, William Mews, SW1
George and Ringo moved into flat 7 on the fourth floor in early 1964. Pattie Boyd also lived there until she and George moved to Esher in March 65 and Ringo moved to Montagu Square. They moved to WH at the recommendation of Brian Epstein, who lived in flat 15 on the 5th floor from December 63 to January 65, when he moved to 24 Chapel Street. He kept the flat until December 65. Ringo and George also occupied flats 5 and 6 for a short time (no further information given).

Xose:
Excellent, Badgirl66... Thank you very much!! ;)

So: when did Klaus Voormman move to Green Street?? It had to be after Lennon and McCartney moved out (=end November 1963) and before Harrison and Ringo move to Whaddon House (=after their first US trip in February 64..., correct??)

Best!! ;)

Xosé

Bobber:

--- Quote from: Xose on May 17, 2011, 02:14:23 PM ---Excellent, Badgirl66... Thank you very much!! ;)

So: when did Klaus Voormman move to Green Street?? It had to be after Lennon and McCartney moved out (=end November 1963) and before Harrison and Ringo move to Whaddon House (=after their first US trip in February 64..., correct??)

Best!! ;)

Xosé

--- End quote ---

Klaus' website mentions that he was invited to live in London by George and Ringo. So obviously John and Paul already moved out by then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version