Currently listening to...

Started by The End, Feb 04, 2005, 01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dcazz

Quote from: In My Life on Nov 13, 2012, 11:23 PM
Yeah, but I never really said that '80's stuff and I was always thinking, "groovy". I was definitely a closet Flower Child.
No satin jacket for me either!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

Ah, now I was definitely an 80s girl, with the cut-off sweatshirts a la "Flashdance," the high ponytail held up -- high -- with a scrunchie, the jazz oxfords and skinny ties, the use of can after can of Aqua Net hair spray ....<cringe> God forbid any photos of me during that time ever surface!

And yes, HelloGoodbye, that A-Ha video is one of the all-time greatest! Love the song, too.  :)

KelMar

Quote from: Normandie on Nov 14, 2012, 09:04 AM
Ah, now I was definitely an 80s girl, with the cut-off sweatshirts a la "Flashdance," the high ponytail held up -- high -- with a scrunchie, the jazz oxfords and skinny ties, the use of can after can of Aqua Net hair spray ....<cringe> God forbid any photos of me during that time ever surface!

You sound like my niece. She had the highest hair I've ever seen. I've got some pictures I could hold over her head right now if I wanted to blackmail her and these days I wouldn't need a stepladder to do it. :)

Hello Goodbye

I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

Hello Goodbye

Sir John Johns

having a vinyl live fest - my copy of Turn! Turn! Turn!

CBS62652

Sir John Johns

linening 'em up - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, mono 1st pessing

Dcazz

Quote from: Sir John Johns on Nov 15, 2012, 08:28 PM
linening 'em up - Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, mono 1st pessing
You got me on that one!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Sir John Johns

Abbey Road.

I Want You's big climactic drop to nothing.....

KelMar

Quote from: Sir John Johns on Nov 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
Abbey Road.

Followed by "Here Comes the Sun"...the perfect way to emerge from the trance.

Dcazz

T our school, the 4th graders gave a concert and did Hound Dog, Help, Here Comes  the Sun, I Walk the Line, a Bob Marley song, and a couple others. It was a geat show, one of the best I've heard yet! The Grandparents loved it! The kids were great!
Our Music teacher Lisa is one of the best!
Mark Twain

Dcazz

Quote from: In My Life on Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 AM
Followed by "Here Comes the Sun"...the perfect way to emerge from the trance.
One of my favorite transitions on Abby Road! I like it really loud!!! : ) What !?
Mark Twain

Normandie

Quote from: Dcazz on Nov 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
T our school, the 4th graders gave a concert and did Hound Dog, Help, Here Comes  the Sun, I Walk the Line, a Bob Marley song, and a couple others. It was a geat show, one of the best I've heard yet! The Grandparents loved it! The kids were great!
Our Music teacher Lisa is one of the best!

That sounds great! What a wonderful lineup, and I think it's great that the teacher is educating the kids about such classic artists and songs.

Hello Goodbye

Quote from: Sir John Johns on Nov 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
Abbey Road.

I love that!