Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Book in September Fab Gear -The Beatles and Fashion  (Read 9411 times)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
New Book in September Fab Gear -The Beatles and Fashion
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:51:42 PM »

240 Pages and 300 Pictures...

The Beatles knew how much image mattered in the 1960s, and whether it was Nehru jackets, skinny ties, granny glasses, or the Cuban heel boot-if John, Paul, George, or Ringo wore it, the rest of their millions of fans followed. Renowned music and fashion author Paolo Hewitt takes readers on a fashion tour of the Beatles' career and the trends they co-opted. From their Hamburg debut in sunglasses, leather, and black sweaters to the conservative suits they were ordered to wear by their manager Brian Epstein; from their infatuation with Pierre Cardin's collarless jackets to their more casual corduroy; from their Mod madness to psychedelic spaciness to faux-military attire to hippy-chic-each style is revealed as a reflection of the music they made and the world views they embraced. Filled with fabulous photographs and with an appealing retro feel, the book features numerous images, many of which have never been published before. It offers insights into how the band's meteoric rise and enduring success shaped their fashion choices. There's even a chapter devoted to their hairstyles. Fans of all ages, as well as anyone interested in fashion, will be enthralled with this first ever Beatles stylebook that proves the Fab Four were as timely as they were timeless.

PAOLO HEWITT began his career writing for Melody Maker and New Musical Express. He has contributed to newspapers and magazines as well as a series of books on sports, fashion, and music. He served as the official biographer for the groups The Jam and Oasis, runs his own Mod-style knitwear label in Italy, and has written a memoir, The Looked After Kid. He lives in London.

In German is August

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Re: New Book in September Fab Gear -The Beatles and Fashion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

Wow, great photos! I've always loved the clothes that the Beatles wore, especially in the late '60s. I think George had the best style of them all. Paul looked great, too, but then he started dressing terribly sometime in the '70s. I guess married life didn't agree with him in that respect.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »

The Beatles made a strong fashion statement in the 1960s...

I can stay till it's time to go

sashalovetb

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:26 AM »

fashion=the beatles=live.!!;yes ;yes ;yeswe'll love u forever.!! ;yes ;sorry

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 48 queries.