Solo forums > Paul McCartney

Flowers in the Dirt - reissue

(1/4) > >>

blmeanie:
saw news that Flowers in the Dirt is being reissued in the spring.  For me, it came out at a time that was good for me and I listened to it, a lot.

Looking forward to this release, interested in Rough Ride, We Got Married especially.  Two of my favorites off the album.  Maybe some bonus material with Elvis?

Normandie:

That one has good memories for me, too; I remember buying the cassette (!) when it first came out. I particularly liked "Put It There" and "That Day Is Done." I'm looking forward to the reissue.

tkitna:
I have like 4 copies of this CD somehow and the funny thing is I never really cared for 'Flowers In The Dirt' all that much.  I find it funny because its one of Paul's more mature offerings and thats what i'm usually all about.  Oh well.

Loco Mo:
tkitna:  I never liked any of the songs on this album.  My Brace Face seems very clean and slick but uninteresting to me.  Ou est le soleil? is simple repetition sort of reminiscent of "temporary secretary."  Whatever.  I think this was the first Paul album I bought on CD and that signaled the end of my vinyl-buying days.  Actually, if I remember correctly, it was pretty hard to find vinyl albums anymore.  It's like the recording industry didn't want to make them anymore so you were forced to buy CDs.  Yup!

And they cost much more than vinyl back then,

And what's with all these "bonus-track" re-issues?  Wow, what a great marketing concept!  It makes you buy the same record again.    And usually, those bonus tracks aren't any good anyway.  If they were, why weren't they on the original album?

tkitna:
I always liked 'Put It There' for its simplistic, melodic draw and 'We Got Married' is a good song also.  Never cared for much more than those two, but its been forever since i've spun it.  I need to break it out again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version