Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Other Fab Four "QUARTET" 1982 George Martin  (Read 1829 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
The Other Fab Four "QUARTET" 1982 George Martin
« on: April 14, 2009, 03:48:32 PM »

In 1982 George Martin produced Ultravox's album "QUARTET" this album as just been released in a new remastered version Febuary 2009.
I've bought a copy of the album and i must say it's polished up a treat and George Martin's production is crisp, fresh and inventive .
It's unlike any other album he produced , yes it's 80's sounding in parts , one as to allow for the technology of the time , but it's a very interesting departure in his fine body of production work .
And an album i recommend ,it's 10 songs of love and betrayal and a lot of New Romantic nonsense lol
Midge Ure sings his little Scottish heart out .
It's an album i bought back in 1982 , as i was keen to hear what George Martin would produce for them , i liked it  then , and it's still a very strong album , full of whaling guitars and atmospheric synth landscapes .
 George's production tricks are wonderful , not quite "Revolver" but as good as anything other 80's producers were coming up with .
All four of the UK hit singles - Reap The Willd Wind # 12 , Hymn # 11 ,Visions In Blue # 15 and We Came To Dance # 18 took me back down memory lane .
The album reached  # 6 on the UK album chart and spent 30 weeks on the chart , it was # 13 in Germany and a supprise # 61 on Billboard their only top 100 album in America .
With his work on Paul's Tug Of War (1982) and this album George was having a bit of a producer's revival.
It's well worth checking out and the second CD as some nice 12" versions of the singles .

The other Fab Four above - Midge Ure ,Bill Currie, Chris Cross and Warren Cann lol

VDspWsK_-vQ

mr7vWlRNR-o

ku48GLE5iw8

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 36 queries.