Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Latest Adventure  (Read 2477 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
My Latest Adventure
« on: May 01, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »

Hey everyone! Haven't been on here in awhile! Thought I'd return. And also wanted to share this amazing story!

So here's what happened. I live near and work in Cleveland, Ohio, and this is where the Rock Hall induction ceremony took place on April 18th. And this is amazing in itself: my office building is attached to the hotel that some of the stars attending the ceremony were staying at! Particularly Paul and Ringo! And Paul and Ringo were actually spotted in the first floor lobby of my work building the day before the ceremony!!! I wanted to cry when I heard this. Out of happiness, and of sadness because I missed them when they were so close by! (I work up on the 9th floor).

So anyways, when I got out of work, I hung around our first floor and outside of the hotel for about 20 minutes, asking security guards and a valet guy about Paul and Ringo being there. The valet guy said that Paul had gotten out of his limo right in the front of the hotel the day before! The very place that I walk by when I go to work each day! Wow. Call me ridiculous, but that is awesome to me! That and them being in our lobby!

So, I unfortunately saw no one, and then went home. I was near tears that I missed out. But then I decided "Hey, why not come back downtown tomorrow?" (The night of the ceremony). In hopes to at least get a glimpse of Paul or Ringo. Not to mention, what if my dream came true and I met them?! I brought paper, a marker, and a nice camera with me! I also had to go alone, because no one else could make it. My parents thought I was dumb for going.

So I'm standing outside the hotel for only about 10 minutes when this random lady comes up to me. She asks if I was going to the concert. (It was in Public Hall, by the way. Right next door to my work and the very place where the Beatles played in 1964!). I tell her "No, but I wish I was." And explain that I love the Beatles and I was just hanging around to try to see Paul and Ringo. She was talking about how she loves the Beatles too. Then she shocks me and says "Do you wanna go?" And I'm thinking "what's going on here?!" Then she GIVES me for FREE a ticket to the show worth $1,500!! I grabbed my face and was in tears of ecstasy and disbelief! I tried telling her over and over that I shouldn't take it for free. But she insisted, and just said to pay it forward someday! I swear, it worked exactly like the movie Pay It Forward does! Just this stunning gift that lands in your lap. I certainly will pay it forward someday! And I thanked her over and over!

Minutes later, I walked right over to Public Hall and got in the long line outside. I heard people cheering when they saw Ringo enter the building! Eventually I get inside and make it to my seat RIGHT on time. Great seat too!! Then the show started with Joan Jett! For hours, I anxiously awaited the moment that Paul would induct Ringo. And after about five hours, it finally happened! So cool! Then I saw him and Ringo play and sing together! One of the only times ever after the Beatles existence. Such a rare moment in music history. And I was glad to be there to experience it. Had an awesome time!

So congratulations to Ringo and all other inductees! This was one of the biggest strokes of luck I've ever had. What an amazing lady. God bless her! Thank You God for making this happen. I was downtown alone, with low hopes of anything, and then this happens to me.

Thanks for reading, sorry if it was too long. And sorry if you were expecting me to say that I met Paul or Ringo! I wish I could say that. That'd be my ultimate dream. But someone giving me this gift of going to the ceremony was probably the next best thing.

If you wanna ask anything about the ceremony, feel free! And I'll post some pictures soon!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
Re: My Latest Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 09:06:21 PM »

Wonderful! (and I don't use exclamation points often)

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 10:54:56 PM »

Omigosh, how totally fantastic! I do use exclamation points a lot, but this deserves extra: Thanks for sharing!!!!

What a happy story. I'm so glad you were able to attend.  :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 11:07:06 PM »

Groovy!

It's nice to see you back here, Julia.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 04:53:48 PM »

What a great story Julia! You were meant to go to that concert. I like what I've seen of Cleveland. I've been to the Hall of Fame several times and once we decided that we really didn't want to eat there so we just started walking, looking for a place. It was a pleasant walk. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to your pictures!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »

More of a bracket man myself (lord knows why). But gosh hat it is a god story. Make sure you pay the kindness back to the universe. (ying and yang and all that)
don't follow leaders

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »

That is a fantastic story.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 04:06:28 PM »

Sorry everyone for the massive delay in posting pictures of my experience! Been busy lately and slipped my mind. I genuinely apologize  :'(
Paul and Ringo pics closer to the bottom of this post! Hope you enjoy! I'm also sorry for the blur in some of the pictures, I had to zoom in a lot and it was hard to keep the camera steady.

-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »

Wow.  :)  Thanks so much for sharing those!

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »

Great!!

Blurry but great!!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 11:59:26 PM »

Groovy!

Thanks, Julia.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 04:14:58 AM »

I still can't get over your story Julia. It's like a fairy tale come true. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

This one is great, you should frame it (do people frame pictures anymore?)

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 68 queries.