Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Macca 'US' Tour Dates  (Read 8447 times)

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: Macca 'US' Tour Dates
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2005, 03:25:35 PM »

I got tickets! I got them yesterday.  I got really good seats for $250.  The only bad part about this is that I got four tickets, Meaning I'm going, my cousin, my brother and his b****y girlfriend.  Yesterday It took me like three hours to decide who I was going to take, my brother or my cousin.  So for about three hours I was asking my brother and my cousin who wanted to go since I couldn't buy three tickets, only 2 or four tickets.  I didn't want to leave one of them out.  So I asked my brother if his girlfriend wanted to come so that I can get 4 tickets and all of us can go.  I thought since I too am friends with his girlfriend that all four of us would have a blast.  But I was a little nervous because of the fact that she can be VERY b****y.  So I asked my brother to see if she would go, he said that she might not go since Paul is her least favorite beatle.  So after about an hour he managed to convince her to go.  So I went ahead and bought four tickets.  I could tell that my brother was a little nervous and upset about buying the tickets.  Then this morning when we woke up to go to the gym I asked him what was wrong, he said that he wasn't sure if it was a good idea to bring her.  He said that because it is most likely that she will complain endlessly about everything when we are their.  So after the gym we went home and he was getting ready for work and he took a shower.  After he got out of the shower he told me that she didn't want to go now.  Now me and him are so mad.  We have an extra ticket that we don't know what we are going to do with.  It's possible that she will change her mind since they were fighting.  But the concert is six months from now.  So who knows how many times she is going to keep changing her mind just to use it as blackmail against my brother.  So we decided we are just going to take the ticket and sell it.  My brothers girlfriend is such a party pooper. :p

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 08:05:53 PM »

I'm being stupid to ask [i'm guessing it's an obvious answer. ^_~] -- is it worth it to see Paul live? I'm trying to get a vehicle to get my parents to, erm, shell out as it were. =D </semi-non-sequetur post>

EDIT: Tickets go on sale for the venue i'm trying to go to TOMORROW. x.x;;;;;;
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2005, 03:39:28 AM »

Is he worth seeing????? WHA???

Anyway, they go on sale here tomorrow, and I'm freaking out. I know I'm gonna get crappy seats and it's gonna be too expensive. But I MUST go!!  I passed on the Eagles tickets for this.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005, 06:34:05 AM »

He charges far too much to be honest...........he's only one man, and his show doesn't have any amazing visual elements (like Pink Floyd or U2).........and to be honest, he isn't THAT great of a performer.........kind of like Bob Dylan, people go because they love the songs themselves, rather than because the person on stage is electric..........

But wow, those ticket prices are shocking. But even more shocking are all the instant sellouts.

&quot;Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world.&quot;

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »

Quote from: Rowdy
He charges far too much to be honest...........he's only one man, and his show doesn't have any amazing visual elements (like Pink Floyd or U2).........and to be honest, he isn't THAT great of a performer.........kind of like Bob Dylan, people go because they love the songs themselves, rather than because the person on stage is electric..........

Sorry Rowdy, but I have to throw out the bullsh*t flag on that! Yes, all tickets to all shows are too much, but so it goes. Amazing visual elements? If you need visual elements, go to the movies. Music is what entertains at concerts. Not that great of a performer? He doesnt do bad for a 60 year old man that plays a constant show for three hours every other night. I think he is very entertaining and energetic.

Have you even ever gone to one of his shows to make these comments? I've taken a few friends to his shows that werent McCartney fans and they all were blown away afterwards.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 08:46:37 AM »

I have never been to a Macca show, I'm basing it on all of the live performances I've seen elsewhere........I have no problem with concerts without any extra visual effects (Pearl Jam, for example).......but Macca doesn't really seem to have anything extraordinay yet he still charges outrageous prices.....

Oh, I'm sure the pessimist in me would be smiling his little arse off after the show.....  :P but I just can't get over the price of it all.

&quot;Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world.&quot;

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 02:19:56 PM »

Macca did have a cool stage set up in his last tour with all those big screens all over the stage and lights, plus the fireworks for Live and Let Die

---powered by Moondogs®---

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 07:48:14 PM »

The lasers and revolving piano were cool in 91' too.

Fried_Chicken

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy
I have never been to a Macca show, I'm basing it on all of the live performances I've seen elsewhere........I have no problem with concerts without any extra visual effects (Pearl Jam, for example).......but Macca doesn't really seem to have anything extraordinay yet he still charges outrageous prices.....

Oh, I'm sure the pessimist in me would be smiling his little arse off after the show.....

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005, 02:44:47 PM »

GOOD NEWS, I GOT MY TICKETS!!!!!!!! ;D ;D