Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Your absolute favourite Pink Floyd track..  (Read 13734 times)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
Re: Your absolute favourite Pink Floyd track..
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 03:11:33 PM »

I just downloaded the MFSL 1-017 release, and after I listened to it, I realised it was the same with "The Dark Side Of The Moon" I already had. So yes, then I have listened to the MFSL releases  :).

What do you think of it?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tonight, I'm a rock 'n' roll star.
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2011, 03:14:16 PM »

What do you think of it?

I think it's brilliant. No wonder I like the album that much.
http://tangledupinmusic.wordpress.com - yet another music blog

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »

I think it's brilliant. No wonder I like the album that much.

Nothing sounds better! I LOVE the DSOTM album, that album is/was so far ahead of its time! 

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »

Here's one from PINK FLOYD! Enjoy!

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »

Here's another from PINK FLOYD! Enjoy!

Time The Dark Side Of The Moon

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2012, 03:27:34 PM »

Happy birthday to Syd Barrett who was born on the 6th of January 1946.

Shine On, Syd!

Ovi

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »

Pink Floyd - Scarecrow

One of Syd's best lyrics and a nice video as well.

"The black and green scarecrow is sadder than me,
but now he's resigned to his fate
'cause life's not unkind,
He doesn't mind."

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »

is easy i have only 4  Money,Wish you Were here,Another Brick and Arnold Lane

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »

is easy i have only 4  Money,Wish you Were here,Another Brick and Arnold Lane

Hi Badgirl66! Great choice of songs! Here's another from PINK FLOYD!

Pink Floyd - See Emily Play

nimrod

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »

Nothing sounds better! I LOVE the DSOTM album, that album is/was so far ahead of its time!

why was it ahead of its time BF ?

Id say it was years behind Pepper

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »

why was it ahead of its time BF ?

Id say it was years behind Pepper

Hi mate! Please don't get me wrong, Sgt. Pepper's was way far ahead of its time, it was the first complete true artistic album that contained artistic images into music! What Sgt. Pepper's began in music, The Dark Side of The Moon finished it! The Dark Side Of The Moon took where Sgt. Pepper's left off and took artistic music further into new realms unimagined. Both Sgt. Pepper's (1967) and The Dark Side Of The Moon (1973) were so far ahead of their time, that many artists that came afterwards, have tried to emulate both bands respectively with their music. However, none have been successful nor have they been able to capture that level of greatness that THE BEATLES and PINK FLOYD created in the music world. Both of these legendary albums raised the bar so high for any albums that followed, that its really hard to top both of these albums. Then again, it is just my opinion.

Coincidently, Alan Parsons played a big part in co-engineering the Sgt. Pepper's album with Geoff Emerick in 1967 and engineering The Dark Side Of The Moon in 1973. It is evident that Alan Parsons is very knowledgeable with the advanced music technlogy that was available in 1967 and 1973, with that in mind, Parsons would try to create his own music vision in 1977 with his own album I ROBOT. In my opinion, I ROBOT is a great album but it is not as great as Sgt. Pepper's or The Dark Side of The Moon.

Mate, I may have stated that The Dark Side Of The Moon is/was far ahead of its time but I never stated that The Dark Side Of The Moon was a better album than Sgt. Pepper's or vice versa (At least not that I can recall.). However, there really was no music technology available in 1967 which is what makes the Sgt. Pepper's album that much greater and even more far ahead of its time. Since 1967, the advanced music technology has improved greatly which would set the stage for The Dark Side Of The Moon album in 1973. In my opinion, technology wise, The Dark Side Of The Moon is more improved but it was the music technology of the Sgt. Pepper's album that would inspire PINK FLOYD to take the music technology further into new heights and levels than the Sgt. Pepper's album since the music technology was more advanced in 1973. Take care mate.                   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:46:11 AM by BeatlesForever »

nimrod

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2012, 04:03:24 AM »

I understand what you saying BF and I respect your opinion but you havent explained what it was about DSOTM that was ahead of its time, it is a great album......a classic even......but its only a concept album, there had been many concept albums before it, not only in the late 60's but in the early 70's

whether or not it is better artistically than (for example) In The Court Of The Crimson King (1969) or To Our Childrens Childrens Children is subjective  but whereas 'Court' was the universally accepted first ever full blown prog rock album I dont see where DSOTM was a 1st in any way, so thats why I question why you say it is years ahead of its time

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2012, 04:18:19 AM »

I understand what you saying BF and I respect your opinion but you havent explained what it was about DSOTM that was ahead of its time, it is a great album......a classic even......but its only a concept album, there had been many concept albums before it, not only in the late 60's but in the early 70's

whether or not it is better artistically than (for example) In The Court Of The Crimson King (1969) or To Our Childrens Childrens Children is subjective  but whereas 'Court' was the universally accepted first ever full blown prog rock album I dont see where DSOTM was a 1st in any way, so thats why I question why you say it is years ahead of its time

Since 1973, has there been an album that has utilized the advanced music technology like that of The Dark Side Of The Moon album? The technology has only gotten better with time, its how you utilize it that makes the music great. Let me ask you this mate, since 1973, in your opinion, is there an album that is equivalent to The Dark Side Of The Moon? Rather than explain the whole technology and recording process to you, the following attachment might help out. Please let me know what you think mate.

http://www.darksideofthemoon.eu/data.html

nimrod

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2012, 04:46:20 AM »

OK I read that BF but apart from an unfinished quad recording by Parsons it all sounds pretty much like what the Beatles were doing years before, splicing tapes/syncing sound effects etc

as mentioned The Moody Blues also recorded in Quad around this time (so did Barclay James Harvest) but hardly anybody had the gear to liten to it so it was a bit of a dead duck

I still dont see why it was years ahead of its time.. imo PFM, Gentle Giant and ELP had recorded albums just as intricate

nimrod

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2012, 04:52:47 AM »

btw BF Im not trying to be a smart arse here mate, just genuinely interested  ;)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2012, 04:57:05 AM »

OK I read that BF but apart from an unfinished quad recording by Parsons it all sounds pretty much like what the Beatles were doing years before, splicing tapes/syncing sound effects etc

as mentioned The Moody Blues also recorded in Quad around this time (so did Barclay James Harvest) but hardly anybody had the gear to liten to it so it was a bit of a dead duck

I still dont see why it was years ahead of its time.. imo PFM, Gentle Giant and ELP had recorded albums just as intricate

In my opinion, I've always believed that The Dark Side of The Moon was far ahead of its time, the EMS VCS3 Synthi A may have been around for a short time prior to 1973 but PINK FLOYD really brought out the best in it resulting in utilizing the EMS VCS3 technology to its fullest potential.  I see you know your music technology well!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »

btw BF Im not trying to be a smart arse here mate, just genuinely interested  ;)

I'm not taking it that way at all mate, really! It makes me feel good that people such as yourself, take music so seriously and ask questions about music as well as the advanced music technology. I don't mind answering questions at all mate, I will do my best in answering all of your questions as well as everyone else's to the best of my ability. 

nimrod

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2012, 05:02:20 AM »

In my opinion, I've always believed that The Dark Side of The Moon was far ahead of its time, the EMS VCS3 Synthi A may have been around for a short time prior to 1973 but PINK FLOYD really brought out the best in it resulting in utilizing the EMS VCS3 technology to its fullest potential.  I see you know your music technology well!

cheers yes I learned a lot recording my own album

plug plug..

http://www.themusichutch.com/listen.php?songid=103705

KelMar

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2012, 05:06:20 AM »

plug plug..

Cool! I've got to listen as soon as my movie's over. I know I'm already a fan of the way you did "Blackbird".   ;)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2012, 05:08:39 AM »

plug plug..

That explains it mate, that is so cool that you have recorded your own album! Right on mate! 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.695 seconds with 80 queries.