Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: At The Speed Of Sound  (Read 6937 times)

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
Re: At The Speed Of Sound
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 06:05:48 AM »

Post above edited for spelling errors^

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 06:07:11 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
What's this Maria stuff, Charlie? Is it a subtle insult? No, it's you talking and you are not a subtle fellow! I have been told about a former oster here who I'm supposed to write like. That means nothing. I've seen people write like you before. They were funny. So are you.

Charlie, you are one of nature's silly people. I'm sure if I met you, I'd go away from you later, gently shaking my head, wondering how it could be that there could be such a person as you.

I look forward to your reply, with the usual (a) bad language or (b) unoriginaity or (c) both. I vote (c)!

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist responding.  Ah life is good.

'Nature's silly people'.  I rather like that.

Tell you what.  I will bury the hatchet if you will.  This doesn't mean we can;t disagree on substance.  I will simply refrain from insults if you will do the same.

I am sure I could learn from you and vice versa.  

What do you say?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

Geez, I didn't mean to start a big debate/flame war. I just wanted to know why he posted the thread because it seemed rather random and overly negative. But what do I know, right?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 04:48:23 PM »

Quote from: Mr_Charlie

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist responding.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 06:08:47 PM »

Insults? Nah, I've never insulted YOU. How can TRUTH be insulting? I've only ever told you truths about yourself. LOL

That was an interesting post. My call on it is that you feel consistently bested by what I say. Indeed, both of us know that the score is:

Me: many
You: nil

Don't worry about the future, Charlie. If you behave yourself, everything will be fine. Misbehave, and I'll make the appropriate comment. That's how it should be, and that's how it will be.

Well, I wasn't expecting such a response, but I should have.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 06:09:40 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
Geez, I didn't mean to start a big debate/flame war. I just wanted to know why he posted the thread because it seemed rather random and overly negative. But what do I know, right?

You're talking about two of the biggest troll/troublemakers in this group.

Who gives a sh*t what they think?

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2005, 06:26:24 PM »

Well, I wasn't expecting such a response, but I should have.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2005, 06:27:20 PM »

Who gives a sh*t what they think?

Well, you clearly do! LOL!

Wayne L.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 06:29:24 PM »

At The Speed Of Sound is a MEDIOCRE album which sounds like a masterpiece almost 30 years later because there's no standout tracks on it with Sily Love Songs, Let'Em In Beware My Love & Warm & Beautiful but Paul & his band Wings are at their best.  

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 07:06:16 PM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
At The Speed Of Sound is a MEDIOCRE album which sounds like a masterpiece almost 30 years later because there's no standout tracks on it with Sily Love Songs, Let'Em In Beware My Love & Warm & Beautiful but Paul & his band Wings are at their best.

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2005, 07:06:47 PM »

Well, you clearly do! LOL!

You flatter yourself.  Quite unnecessarily too.

Wayne L.

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2005, 07:08:49 PM »

What is your favorite track on ATSOS & do you think it SOUNDS like a masterpiece almost 30 years later Mr. Charlie?

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2005, 07:30:06 PM »

Is that the one with Wino Junko?  Then that's it.

Need it sound like a masterpiece?  No, if everything was a masterpiece there would BE no masterpieces.

But I like it still.  Yeah.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2005, 07:46:17 PM »

Insults? Nah, I've never insulted YOU. How can TRUTH be insulting? I've only ever told you truths about yourself. LOL

That was an interesting post. My call on it is that you feel consistently bested by what I say. Indeed, both of us know that the score is:

Me: many
You: nil

Don't worry about the future, Charlie. If you behave yourself, everything will be fine. Misbehave, and I'll make the appropriate comment. That's how it should be, and that's how it will be.

You can be a bit of a petty stirrer too. You take such glee from one-upmanship...Now that's funny Ydoll. :D  Is that appropiate? lol....What is with this point-scoring anyway?....Playground stuff.
What's goin on on these forums?...I thought it would go quieter now Dirk has been restricted. Seems that more fun seems to be had from fussin n fightin. I don't know anything about this album btw. Is it good or do we all have to keep reading rows forever?
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2005, 08:11:26 PM »

You had a chance.

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2005, 05:41:20 PM »

I became a fan of The Beatles around 1979. The first albums I got were Revolver and Let It Be. I had also listened to my neighbor's copy of Sgt. Pepper's several times. I was just discovering the whole Beatles universe and what they had been doing since they split up.
My parents got me "At the Speed of Sound" as a birthday present in November of 1980.  This album severely disappointed me because it was nowhere near as good as Revoler,Let It Be, or Sgt. Pepper. I was finding out that the solo stuff wasn't always the same quality as The Beatles stuff. The only song I liked on the album was Let Em In. I hated Silly Love Songs. The rest of the songs didn't do anything for me. It was all so bland. I wondered what had happened to Paul. Why were these songs so much worse than his Beatles songs?
 Unfortunately,John was murdered a month later. For the next several years,I forgot all about Wings and became a huge fan of John's solo stuff,especially the "Plastic Ono Band" and "Imagine" albums. Like alot of people,I put John on a pedestal and dismissed Paul-mainly based on having "At the Speed of Sound" as my only Wings or solo Paul album to judge his work by.
 Later on,I gave Paul another chance and explored more of Wing's and his solo work. I liked alot of it much better than I liked ATSOS. Thank God all his stuff wasn't that uninspiring.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.424 seconds with 69 queries.