Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Doctor Who  (Read 14790 times)

Re: Doctor Who
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 04:38:52 PM »

Oh good. Sounds good, Captain Jack, Face of Boe, who'd have thought it?

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 07:11:27 AM »

Doctor News:

Kylie Minogue is set to join David Tennant in the TV Christmas Special of Doctor Who.

The 39-year-old pop superstar is said to have a "major lead role" in the hour-long special called Voyage of the Damned, which starts filming in Cardiff in July.

The story will follow on directly from the ending of the third series which finished on Saturday.

Minogue said: "It is an incredible thrill to be joining David and the entire Dr Who production for this year's Christmas special. Dr Who enjoys a unique history and it is going to be very exciting to be a part of that."

The episode has been written by Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer Russell T Davies.

He said: "We are delighted and excited to announce that Kylie Minogue will be joining the Doctor."

He continued: "Doctor Who Christmas specials are always a joy and we feel very confident that this will be the most ambitious and best Christmas episode yet."

The fourth series of Doctor Who is expected to return in Spring next year.

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 07:14:47 AM »

What a surprise.

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »

and apparently the Doctor is going to have two new assistants...
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007, 02:05:57 PM »

On the news today they said Kylie was booked for the Xmas special. Coyley (sp) they would not say whether as a goodie or a baddie
don't follow leaders

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »

Comedian Catherine Tate is to play Doctor Who's new companion, reprising her role from the 2006 Christmas special, the BBC has announced.

She will join David Tennant for the complete 13-week run of the new series of Doctor Who, which is due to begin filming in Cardiff later this month.

Freema Agyeman, who played the Doctor's companion Martha Jones in the third series, will return mid-series.

Kylie Minogue will be starring in this year's Christmas special.

Tate will be returning to her role as Donna, the runaway bride who found herself transported into the Tardis as she prepared for her wedding on Christmas Eve.

The episode, broadcast on BBC One on Christmas Day, attracted an audience of 9.4 million.

Donna was invited by the Doctor to travel with him at the end of the episode, but the invitation was declined at the time.

Tate was asked if she would like to become the Doctor's new companion at the press screening of the Christmas episode to which she replied, "I would love to, but no one has asked!"

Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies described Tate as an "absolute star" in The Runaway Bride episode.

"We are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series," he said.

"Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Catherine Tate said: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who.

"I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Agyeman, 28, is to play Martha Jones in three episodes of spin-off show Torchwood, which producers have said will "expand" her character.

She replaced Billie Piper, who left at the end of the second series.

The fourth series of Doctor Who is due to debut on BBC One in Spring 2008.

A Christmas special starring David Tennant and Kylie Minogue will be screened on Christmas Day 2007.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2007, 12:38:12 AM »

I saw two episodes yesterday....it was on SciFi channel.....

It was pretty good....Dr.Who was witty and clever... I think it was a good show... it kept me entertained while I was watching it....  ;)

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2007, 07:39:56 AM »

Quote from: 668
I saw two episodes yesterday....it was on SciFi channel.....

It was pretty good....Dr.Who was witty and clever... I think it was a good show... it kept me entertained while I was watching it....  ;)

excellent! had you not seen it before then? What episodes were they (what roughly happened in them?) I would be interested to know because I reckon some episodes are a lot better than others, so hopefully you saw what I would class as some of the better ones  :) Glad you liked it
<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »

The run away bride one mentioned above my post...and the one when the hospital landed on the moon....

and no i never saw them before....heard of it...but never saw it....well till now....

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2007, 08:37:16 PM »

The run away bride one mentioned above my post...and the one when the hospital landed on the moon....

And they're not even the best ones! Keep watching - tons of good stuff in store! ;D

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »

I might...but first I have to find out when they play.... :)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 10:37:47 PM »

I officially love this show!  :)

It is a good show....and maybe the unusual hottness of David Tennet might factor into it some how....

But it is...i didn't actually think I'd like it...but I do....not my usual type of show...now it is  :D

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 10:39:14 PM »

Hee hee! I thought you would like it! ;D

Any favourite episodes?

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 10:41:53 PM »

Well... I only saw 3...I might rent the other seasons someday....but I saw the Shakespere episode...that was good

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2007, 05:39:01 PM »

I officially love this show!  :)

the unusual hottness of David Tennet might factor into it some how....

absolutely! He really is rather gorgeous (especially when he talks with his natural Scottish accent)  ;)

who is looking forward to the christmas episode? ... I know I am  ;D

sorry that's ages away- but the titantic setting could work out pretty well...

<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2007, 08:16:56 PM »

Titanic setting...you are talking about this Chirstmas 2007????

I never heard his scottish accent ...just his english...and it is nice...even though it isn't how he really talks..... ;)

Whoever

• Getting Better
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2007, 08:35:51 PM »

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=P9RxEPnffnY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtube.com/watch?v=P9RxEPnffnY</a>

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »

Titanic setting...you are talking about this Chirstmas 2007????

Indeed I am  :) Because now in the UK, the current series has finished (the whole set of episodes with the Doctor and Martha as the assistant) So now theres no Doctor Who for a few months :( But on the little trailer of what is to come at the end of the final episode from this series, it showed a clip of the christmas episode- and the titanic comes crashing into the tardis! Looks dramatic! And then there will be the new series which starts at the beginning of 2008. But what I want to know is whether David Tennant is going to stay on for the 2008 series! He is in the episode for this christmas (2007) but the script-writers might have made the Doctor regenerate which would mean a new actor would play the Doctor! I hope Tennant stays on for another series- he is so excellent at the part! Are you familiar with the whole phenomenon of the Doctor regenerating? If not I will happily explain it  :)

I only started watching Doctor Who this year but caught up on the previous year's episodes by renting them- but my friend (who loves it and has watched it since she was a kid) had to tell me so much about Doctor Who stuff for me to understand it better! Stuff about the Doctor and the Tardis and random monsters which helped me to know what was going on better! haha now I generally understand it (but do get confused sometimes!) :)
<br />

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2007, 09:34:09 PM »

I hope David Tennant plays the Dr still.....I don't think I will continue to watch it or not....because he makes the show complete to me....he's a great actor....

I heard something about him regenerating ...then he doesn't look like the same person....

Well, if he does...I am so buying the seasons...and just watching them.... ;)

Oh...now I must pray he remains the doctor....let's pray together Tangerine! :D

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »

I hope David Tennant plays the Dr still.....I don't think I will continue to watch it or not....because he makes the show complete to me....he's a great actor....

I heard something about him regenerating ...then he doesn't look like the same person....

Well, if he does...I am so buying the seasons...and just watching them.... ;)

Oh...now I must pray he remains the doctor....let's pray together Tangerine! :D

Yeh you have basically got it  :)- if the Doctor is ever really close to death- basically if he is dying or just about to die, he can regenerate which basically means his whole DNA is re-written and so he is the same person at heart but can completely change appearence and have new personality traits (and this is just something that all timelords can do) So there have been many actors playing the Doctor in the past (cos it all started in the 60s) but the Doctor only has a certain amount of times he can regenerate before he properly dies. And he only has two regenerations left...! So I don't know what the makers of Doctor Who are going to do when they have used up another two actors playing the part of the Doctor- but maybe this could be an incentive to keep David Tennant on longer as the doc?! I am absolutely joining in the praying that he stays  :D

Heres some Doctor Facts in case you didn't know some of them (I'm not a complete geek- this is copied and pasted from a website!)  :)

The Doctor is more than 900 years old.
The Doctor is always known as just 'the Doctor'. He has no proper first or last name.
The Doctor says he could fix the control which keeps the TARDIS in the shape of a police box, but he likes it the way it is.
The first thing the Doctor said to Rose Tyler the first time they met was "Run!" It was his advice to her to get away from the Autons.
The Doctor absolutely loves humans. He thinks we are "amazing" and "brilliant".
The Doctor was knighted by Queen Victoria. She gave him the title Sir Doctor Of The TARDIS.
If any of the Doctor's limbs are cut off within the first 15 hours of his regeneration cycle, they can grow back straight away. This was witnessed when the Sycorax leader chopped of the Doctor's hand in battle.
The Doctor has a wide range of gadgets including the sonic screwdriver, the psychic paper, which shows people what they want to see and of course the TARDIS.
The Doctor's home planet is Gallifrey and the rest of his race were destroyed in the last great Time War with the Daleks. He is now the only Time Lord left in the universe.
The Doctor's biggest enemies are the Daleks. He thought they had all been wiped out in the Time War, but he was very, very wrong. Even now there is at least one out there...
The Doctor has met loads of historical figures on his time travels including Charles Dickens, Madame de Pompadour and Queen Victoria.
Even though he's called the Doctor he doesn't like hospitals and says they give him the creeps.
The Doctor says that Time Lords "practically invented black holes".
The Doctor has two hearts.
The Doctor can feel the Earth revolving beneath his feet.
John Smith is the name the Doctor uses when he wants to disguise himself. When he met Queen Victoria he called himself James Robert McCrimmon.
The Doctor has no control of the body he will get when he regenerates.

haha there ya go- in case it is of interest  :D

<br />
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 80 queries.