Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Mike McCartney book. Which one?  (Read 4812 times)

Bobber

Mike McCartney book. Which one?
« on: December 05, 2014, 11:56:57 AM »

I'm about to buy one of Mike McCartney's books with pics of Paul and The Beatles in the early days. There seems to be several of them out there. Which one would you recommend?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

KelMar

Re: Mike McCartney book. Which one?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 03:05:17 AM »

I'm about to buy one of Mike McCartney's books with pics of Paul and The Beatles in the early days. There seems to be several of them out there. Which one would you recommend?

The only one I've read is Mike Mac's White and Blacks. I enjoyed it but I think it's out of print now.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:41:05 AM »

There are several out there. I'm curious to know it's the same pictures in each and every book or not.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »

i have 2 ;D

The Mac's and Remember

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »

Do they have a lot of the same pictures?

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 02:26:52 PM »

may just as people buy same records

Example Meet The beatles i bought it and next year same but in german thats life

KelMar

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 04:01:16 AM »

Speaking of which

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/pictures-beatle-brother-mike-mccartneys-8237205

It's neat to see this picture from the article and the mention of the Merseyside Arts Festival in 1962. It was really a life-changing event for Mike as Mark Lewisohn mentions in his book. Mike was an important part of The Beatles' story. He was with them a lot in their early years and captured it for us to see.

The Merseyside Arts Festival was under way when Mike Weinblatt— artist, saxophonist and Gorman’s friend— said to his colleague at the André Bernard hair salon, Mike McCartney, “You’re interested in these arty-farty things, aren’t you? Do you want to come to this Event at the Everyman?” Mike went, and soon got talking to McGough and Gorman, who invited him to do a comedy sketch. “I thought one show-off in the family was enough and said, ‘No, I don’t do that kind of thing.’ They said, ‘Neither do we, let’s do it for a laugh.’ I took the sketch home and went back and read the part of an old man. Not only did I enjoy it but so did the audience— it immediately got a laugh and at the end they all applauded. I was hooked, so now there were two show-offs in the family.”

Lewisohn, Mark (2013-10-29). Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years (pp. 771-772). Crown/Archetype. Kindle Edition.

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 50 queries.