Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Albums Boxed Set - Coming Soon!  (Read 4532 times)

Rowdy

• Getting Better
Beatles Albums Boxed Set - Coming Soon!
« on: July 10, 2004, 05:49:36 PM »

(7/10/04) Mark Nov. 16 on your calendar: That's the day, we're told, that a box set of the 1964 U.S. Capitol albums will be released on CD for the first time officially. (Released that year were "Meet the Beatles," "Something New," "The Beatles Story," "The Beatles' Second Album" and "Beatles '65," though we suspect the latter would be held for a 1965 box.)

Here's some details:

# Each CD will be remastered using 24 bit.
# Each cd will have the MONO and STEREO versions.
# 70 page Booklet.
# 50.00 list.

Sounds fab to me.  ;D

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
Re: Beatles Albums Boxed Set - Coming Soon!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 07:09:09 PM »

got any links to the official news?

---powered by Moondogs®---

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 07:26:52 PM »

This is just a rumor right now........but supposedly, there's good sources behind it.......plus, this whole deal of rereleasing the US albums was brought up way back in January, I believe.

http://abbeyrd.best.vwh.net/fabnews.htm

It's the top story at Beatles News Briefs.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 12:25:41 AM »

I really hope this isn't a rumour! ;D

Wolf

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 12:50:33 AM »

I hope this will see a worldwide release, not just a North American one. I would certainly buy it.

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 02:02:36 AM »

There is truth to the article but there could be more road blocks in its release as any Beatle product has.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 12:13:48 AM »

November 16 is supposedly the release date still.....people working in chain stores have already been informed about it.......and now there's supposedly plans of releasing all of the Capitol albums on CD...

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 06:35:18 PM »

Thanks for the info! I'll be couting down the days...
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 07:38:25 PM »

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but part of the appeal of those old Capitol albums is the way some of the tracks were altered to contain "echo" on some of them (like I FEEL FINE, SHE'S A WOMAN and THANK YOU GIRL for starters). Plus there are additions like an added harmonica repetition after THANK YOU GIRL's line: "that's the kind of love that feels too good to be true."

So, if these CDs will be nothing more than the usual new "clean sounding tracks" put into different playing sequences just to match the Capitol albums, I'd pass.

The Capitol "echo" was not very desirable while I was growing up and we always went for the Japanese Vinyl Imports because the sound was much more pure... but nowadays, I actually get a kick out of the "reprocessed" sounds of SHE'S A WOMAN and I FEEL FINE...

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 02:27:36 AM »

Oh I dont know, The added echo was cool and i liked it, but for me I loved the jackets and the labels as well, especially the Apple label reissues and the Beatles second album cover is still one of the coolest jackets around. I still like the American covers better than the Brit issues.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004, 06:35:32 PM »

But they're just not going to be the American albums with the superclean sound. The very essence of them was how they sounded in the '60s.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 05:25:25 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=news,m=1089481776,s=10 date=1091471732]But they're just not going to be the American albums with the superclean sound. The very essence of them was how they sounded in the '60s. [/quote]

Actually, I've heard that these releases are going to have the new remastered tracks along with the original American recordings......

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 12:42:19 PM »

ahh don't bicker people ohwell I can't wait till Nov 16 I do hope the rumors are true..better start saving I bet they'll be expensive..lol any way yeah

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2004, 12:18:43 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=news,m=1089481776,s=8 date=1091389105]I know this won't be a popular opinion, but part of the appeal of those old Capitol albums is the way some of the tracks were altered to contain "echo" on some of them (like I FEEL FINE, SHE'S A WOMAN and THANK YOU GIRL for starters). Plus there are additions like an added harmonica repetition after THANK YOU GIRL's line: "that's the kind of love that feels too good to be true."
[/quote]

I wouldn't say the Capitol versions are better (although, in some cases they are), but they are certainly worth collecting simply because they are pretty much all mixed differently - not only with added reverb, but with extra bits and pieces. As already mentioned, Thank You Girl has the extra harmonica after "that's the kind of love..." and "good to be true..." parts - but there is also an extra harmonica flourish at the very end which is absent on the British mix.

I've only just started collecting the US versions, and I am amazed just how different they sound! A couple of other notable differences I've collected so far: I'm Only Sleeping with extra backwards guitar on the US version, I'll Cry Instead with a whole extra verse with different intonation on the line... hmmm I can't remember the line (Doh! LOL!)! I'll check when I get home (no pun intended!)

You would need a whole other forum to list all the differences between British and American mixes though - suffice to say, I really hope it is the Capitol mixes which are being released!

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 67 queries.