Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Which beatle would you be most afraid to meet?  (Read 5022 times)

mrbluesky56

• One And One Is Two
Which beatle would you be most afraid to meet?
« on: July 08, 2008, 06:06:46 PM »

John, Paul, Ringo, or George????

Dante

• One And One Is Two
Re: Which beatle would you be most afraid to meet?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 08:04:36 PM »

John. I think he must look pretty scary these days.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »

John was cremated. So I'd say he looks like the air now. Which isn't too scary.  :P

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »

I'll answer seriously and say John, because he seemed kind of abrasive, especially in the later years. He'd probably make fun of me. Ringo on the other hand I would be least afraid to meet. He seems to be a pretty personable fellow.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:54:33 PM »

John. He's kind of unpredictable and a little intimidating.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

I'd be intimidated to meet John, but I'd want to meet him the most. He would be the most interesting to talk to. I love his wit and sarcasm. And I'd bet anything that he'd be very kind and sweet contrary to popular opinion. I've always read that he was very good to his fans. And don't forget the scene in Imagine where a fan comes to his door and he invites him in for a meal! I mean, come on. He was actually too open with the public. Too trusting. But then, that sort of personality is probably what made people who knew him love him so much. Anyway, I think he was only nasty with people he knew or people he knew needed to be taken down a notch.

But yes, I'd be most afraid to meet him. To answer the question.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 09:25:25 PM »

John didn't seem to mean towards people who came up for an autograph, or just to say "Hi". I was watching a DVD and people would just come up and talk to him while he was walking in Central Park and he would be nice.

I don't think I'd be afraid to meet any Beatle, but if I had to pick one I'd proabably just pick Paul. Sometimes he seems like he can get a little snooty.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:40:13 AM »

Yeah, John wasn't really mean to autograph seekers or anything. As we know. But he seems like if you got into a deep conversation or something, he would intimidate you.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 07:08:21 AM »

I think John would only give you crap if you deserved it. For instance, usually people who talk about him have pretty good things to say. The ones that don't, well you have to look at where they were coming from. I've read quotes from Mick Jagger speaking about how pleasant Paul was and how he could only take so much of John after a while. But then, think about Mick and why John probably felt the need to annoy him. His incessant talking about Marianne Faithful lead John to write And Your Bird Can Sing, his comments about the Beatles not being a great live band lead John to talk about his "f** dancing." So I think basically if you came off as a phony or arrogant or just plain annoying, John would let you have it. I think the stuff with Brian Epstein was more of a power play on John's part and the fact that he was probably uncomfortable with Brian's feelings for him. So anyway, I don't think his nastiness was usually unprovoked. Maybe during the drug years though. But that's understandable.

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 09:27:24 AM »

If you're asking me i'm actually not afraid to meet John and the others because i think they have good attitudes and personalities, but i think John will be kinda annoying because he always had this rebellious attitude you see, Paul can get bad mood sometimes but i think i'm not really afraid to get to know them. :]
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »

Quote from: 216
I think John would only give you crap if you deserved it. For instance, usually people who talk about him have pretty good things to say. The ones that don't, well you have to look at where they were coming from. I've read quotes from Mick Jagger speaking about how pleasant Paul was and how he could only take so much of John after a while. But then, think about Mick and why John probably felt the need to annoy him. His incessant talking about Marianne Faithful lead John to write And Your Bird Can Sing, his comments about the Beatles not being a great live band lead John to talk about his "f** dancing." So I think basically if you came off as a phony or arrogant or just plain annoying, John would let you have it. I think the stuff with Brian Epstein was more of a power play on John's part and the fact that he was probably uncomfortable with Brian's feelings for him. So anyway, I don't think his nastiness was usually unprovoked. Maybe during the drug years though. But that's understandable.

That makes sense about Mick. I'm just imagining those two trying to have a conversation right now and both of them getting p*ssed off! Ha ha!

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »

I like Sandra`s train of thought very much and agree with her to a small detail. As for me, I, too, would be afraid, well not afraid rather nervous, to meet John.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 07:12:14 PM »

John for me too.
<br />

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »

I don't think "afraid" is the word I would use.  I think I would be most hesitant to have gone up to George simply because I feel that he didn't want to be bothered as much with the celebrity stuff.
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 09:02:47 PM »

same as above poster, the scariest thing would be to approach a Beatle just to have them stand there and not talk back. - Deadly silence - i vote George, followed closely by John.

Macca and Ringo would make you feel welcome i feel.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »

Quote from: 758
same as above poster, the scariest thing would be to approach a Beatle just to have them stand there and not talk back. - Deadly silence - i vote George, followed closely by John.

Macca and Ringo would make you feel welcome i feel.

Fender, on your new icon ... even though it has been day-glow recolorized, somehow I can still sense that all four of the guys have eyes that are VERY RED  ;)

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 09:24:32 PM »

lol no amount of photo-shopping could cover up the amount smoking they done out the back :P

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 12:31:54 AM »

i would have to say George. He seems like a great guy, i would just be indimidated to meet him. i am loud and i joke around a lot, and he seems serious and kind of quiet. Ringo seems like a real nice guy, and Paul, well........... to put it lightly, LOVE HIM! John would be second, i cant really explain why. perhaps its because of Yoko, who would probably be standing next to him.......................
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 12:39:24 AM »

I'd love to hang out with Ringo, he's such a funny guy!  ;D :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

akire74

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 02:23:44 AM »

I'd almost agree that the most intimidating thing about John...would be Yoko...and the wondering what the hell is going to come from his mouth next.  You never knew.  I think he was very cordial to his fans and as we all know, generally non-confrontational so the idea that he would say something vicious without being provoked seems unlikely.  But I would still agree with Sandra that despite those facts....I would still be most afraid to meet John all the same.  And like Sandra, He is also the one I'd most like meet.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 94 queries.