Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Liam Gallagher bringing The Beatles to the big screen  (Read 6858 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Liam Gallagher bringing The Beatles to the big screen
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »

Beatles to party again with Liam
By Baz Bamigboye
Last updated at 10:40 PM on 6th May 2010
Liam Gallagher is bringing his idols The Beatles back together on the big screen in a movie that will explore the ‘stoned’ years that led to the band’s demise.

The former Oasis frontman is developing a film, set between 1967 and 1970, based on an insider’s view of the circus-like atmosphere at the Savile Row headquarters of The Beatles’ record company, Apple.
Liam has the screen rights to Richard DiLello’s memoir of his years as Apple’s ‘house hippy’, where his job included working in the company’s press office.

DiLel lo’s highly personal account, The Longest Cocktail Party: An Insider’s Diary Of The Beatles, Their Million Dollar Apple Empire And Its Wild Rise And Fall, published in 1972, details the comings and goings of Paul McCar tney, John Lennon, George Harrison, Ringo Starr and their wives, girlfriends and hangers on.
It gives DiLello’s take on the personal and business problems that were to drive The Beatles apart.

His book recounts ‘stoned conversations’ and hilarious observations of the Apple office’s open bar and ‘other accommodations ’ with regards to recreational activities on offer.

The movie would feature actors portraying the Fab Four and cover the years when rock ’n’ roll was moving from its cool, ‘let it be’ vibe to the point where it was controlled by soulless multinational corporations.

And that is how the music industry has remained - though Liam and his brother Noel, in their Oasis heyday, certainly knew how to emulate the crazy, heady early era when rock really rolled.
Liam and his partners at Revolution Films will officially launch the project during the Cannes Film Festival next week.

They are still looking for a screenwriter and director. Then comes the task of casting actors to portray The Beatles, their families and associates, though that won’t begin until there’s a completed screenplay at the the task of casting actors to portray The Beatles, their families and associates, though that won’t begin until there’s a completed screenplay at the end of this year, or possibly early next year.
The Longest Cocktail Party also features tales of various other artists on the Apple roster, including Mary Hopkin, James Taylor, Doris Troy, Badfinger and Billy Preston.

Lauren Bacall, of all people, pops up in the tale after she visited the Apple HQ with her children.

Both Gallagher brothers are fans of the book. Noel has praised it, using language that is too colourful to repeat in a family newspaper.

With the two siblings at each others’ throats, I can only wonder at the behind-the-scenes wrangling over the rights. I can see Liam digging out his soul on this movie. If it all comes together, it’s going to be a scorcher.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1274065/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Bea tles-party-Liam.html#ixzz0nCXi796k

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: Liam Gallagher bringing The Beatles to the big screen
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 05:50:29 PM »

Oh, good grief.  :-X

foxa

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 07:49:07 AM »

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher is making a movie about The Beatles.
Cos I can't be bothered writing all about it just read this: http://www.novafm.com.au/Article_Oasis-to-make-Beatles-film_100428
Who should play who????
I can't wait to see this personally. Liam would do a good job I think.

blackbird_

• A Beginning
  • I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:46:23 AM »

I'm really looking forward to this.
It just sounds like it'll be a really cool movie.

I'd love to turn you on.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:10:19 AM »

Obviously Gallagher needs The Beatles fame to keep up appearances. I couldn't care less about such a movie to be honest.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »

Obviously Gallagher needs The Beatles fame to keep up appearances. I couldn't care less about such a movie to be honest.

People are good at milking the Beatles machine for money.

Didn't Oasis want to be the "next" Beatles back in the 90's? Not to mention ripping off their sound. Now this. Ugh.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:54:04 AM »

Well put. He's ridden The Beatle's coat-tails too much already. He's not qualified to comment. heheh
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio

Wonderland

• Getting Better
  • I'm as crazy as you want me to be
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »

Now here's the contrast, ;) http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/11052010/364/blur-bow-album-pressure.html&e=l_news_dm

Yay. :) Blur are cool.

But Oasis, ewww. And Liam Gallagher making a film about The Beatles? Ewwwwwwww. I'm not going to watch it. He's just going to make John look like some sort of douchebaggy God and forget about the others.

The_Taxman

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »

Yeah... I can see it now:

Narration: Lennon then wrote the songs Hey Jude and Let It Be, and gave them to McCartney, who at first refused them to write "Revolution 9" but later backstabbed Lennon by giving him Revolution 9 and stealing Hey Jude and Let It Be. Meanwhile Starr wrote While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Harrison wrote the entire All Things Must Pass album.

Wonderland

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:36 PM »

Yeah... I can see it now:

Narration: Lennon then wrote the songs Hey Jude and Let It Be, and gave them to McCartney, who at first refused them to write "Revolution 9" but later backstabbed Lennon by giving him Revolution 9 and stealing Hey Jude and Let It Be. Meanwhile Starr wrote While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Harrison wrote the entire All Things Must Pass album.

Haha exactly. :P

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »

I`d love to see the film. I think Liam should play John and Noel should play Paul. Besides they even resemble the guys. It would be fun!!!

Wonderland

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 08:13:29 PM »

I`d love to see the film. I think Liam should play John and Noel should play Paul. Besides they even resemble the guys. It would be fun!!!

Oh God, Liam as John? Shield me! :O

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »

Oh God, Liam as John? Shield me! :O

Don`t worry! They might change the roles - Noel as John and Liam as Paul!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »

I just, I just think they might change The Beatles real images to make the movie appealing to people besides Beatle/classic rock junkies. I think the Anthologies were good enough, those were what The Beatles were really about, not what Liam Gallagher makes them out to be.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »

I think the Anthologies were good enough, those were what The Beatles were really about

We don't really know, do we?

Anyway, I don't expect Liam will make anything good of this project. If it's the same quality of his last few cd's with Oasis, I fear the worst.

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 07:28:28 AM »

Don`t worry! They might change the roles - Noel as John and Liam as Paul!

Ahem. Latest news:

Liam Gallagher’s Apple Records biopic excludes the Beatles

By Ray Padgett on May 18th, 2010 in News
5 Comments »

Leave it to Liam Gallagher to make a film about The Beatles that leaves out The Beatles. The cocky ex-Oasis frontman revealed at Cannes that he does not plan to include any Beatles music on the soundtrack to his upcoming Apple Records biopic, despite the fact that they founded, ran, and recorded for the legendary label.

In a typically cantankerous interview with the Guardian, Gallagher said, “My new band’s going to do the soundtrack. We can recreate that sound like that, you know what I mean? I think it will be more exciting if you have a sound that reminds you of that era, instead of the obvious, going, ‘Oh, there’s ‘Let It Be.’”

As if recreating the sound wasn’t a dicey enough proposition, the Fab Four won’t even appear in the film. “The Beatles aren’t going to be in this film,” he said. “There’s going to be no one auditioning for John, Paul, George, Ringo. It’s about the characters behind-the-scenes.”

Well at least we can see Gallagher’s foray into acting, right? Wrong. He told NME he won’t appear in the movie either. His explanation: “I’m too good-looking.”

So, to sum up: Liam Gallagher is making a movie about the Beatles’ record label. This movie will not include the Beatles, the Beatles’ music, or Gallagher himself. Sounds like a real winner.

eroz0

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 12:29:33 PM »

Is he serious? Does he honestly believe that listening to him and his band trying to copy The Beatles is in any way exciting? It wasn't the first time around, it certainly won't be any better now.

Well, I was sceptical about this movie since it was announced, but since it won't have The Beatles or their music in it, I can safely avoid it.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 01:12:29 PM »

ha2ha

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »

Didn't Oasis want to be the "next" Beatles back in the 90's? Not to mention ripping off their sound. Now this. Ugh.

Yep heres a great example Back In Anger begining sounds like Imagine and in the video all have Lennon type glasses and for some reason reminds me of Paperback Writer/Rain

Don't Look Back In Anger
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.756 seconds with 86 queries.