Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What BOOTLEG to chase?  (Read 11716 times)

Bobber

What BOOTLEG to chase?
« on: July 08, 2005, 06:42:28 PM »

Just made a trip to bootlegzone.com to check out some bootlegs I have. Found out there are a few more... My god!  :o There's loads of them! But, besides the Decca Tapes and BBC things, what bootleg should a decent Beatles-fan have in your opinion? Maybe it is true that a real fan has EVERYTHING, but this is just too much. Anybody got any ideas about this?

Re: What BOOTLEG to chase?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

Quote from: Bobber
Just made a trip to bootlegzone.com to check out some bootlegs I have. Found out there are a few more... My god!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:37:43 PM »

can you give me a list of what bootlegs you have got juniors?

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 11:25:48 PM »

Just made a trip to bootlegzone.com to check out some bootlegs I have. Found out there are a few more... My god!

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 08:24:27 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

The 'Unsurpassed Masters' set is also a must have. They now have alot of the early demos in Stereo and sound excellent. 'From Kinfauns to Chaos' is also excellent. Recorded at George's Esher bungalow after the trip to India, it has acoustic 'White album' demos and sounds great.

Hmm, that's what I mean. Thanks. It seems that a lot of stuff appears on a lot of bootlegs with different names. I have the Esher demo's, called 'Beatles Acoustic'. It is the Esher demo's and there are many more bootlegs, all with the same material. It's re-issued over and over again. It would be nice to sort it all out once. Anybody got some spare time! JF, thanks for now, I'll PM you if I've got any special questions.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 05:21:37 PM »

My favorite bootlegs are the ones from the "The Alternate..." series from Pear Records. They've got one for each Beatles album and they're filled with alternate takes and mixes and live versions.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 05:22:54 PM »

'From Kinfauns to Chaos' is also excellent. Recorded at George's Esher bungalow after the trip to India, it has acoustic 'White album' demos and sounds great.

I have that too, but mine is just called 'Kinfauns'. The sound quality is not nearly as good as on the Esher demos on the Anthology though.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 08:08:08 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

I have that too, but mine is just called 'Kinfauns'. The sound quality is not nearly as good as on the Esher demos on the Anthology though.

Go figure.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 11:05:53 AM »

Lots of Beatle bootlegs at these sites,no mp3s just .flac or .shn lossless,get em while they are still hot...lots to download baby!

dimeadozen.org
thetradersden.org
bootcity.org

Download "bitcomet",or any other bit torrent client,and start downloading,just remember to seed a little.

Bobber

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 11:14:50 AM »

Quote from: kelloggss
Lots of Beatle bootlegs at these sites,no mp3s just .flac or .shn lossless,get em while they are still hot...lots to download baby!

dimeadozen.org
thetradersden.org
bootcity.org

Download "bitcomet",or any other bit torrent client,and start downloading,just remember to seed a little.

Thanks for the information, but in fact the bootlegs are not very hard to be found on the net. It is a matter of what to have. I've downloaded some beatles cartoons for instance (the kids like it), but is it necessary to have them all? As said, the quality differs a lot comparing all these bootlegs. So, do you really have to get everything that's available or can one do with just a very good few ones?

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 11:50:01 AM »

Thanks for the information, but in fact the bootlegs are not very hard to be found on the net. It is a matter of what to have. I've downloaded some beatles cartoons for instance (the kids like it), but is it necessary to have them all? As said, the quality differs a lot comparing all these bootlegs. So, do you really have to get everything that's available or can one do with just a very good few ones?

Your right,you dont need them all,but there are a few that will blow your mind..
"Its Not too Bad" The evolution of Stawberry Fields
"Thirty Days" 17 cds The best of the get back sessions...a must!
"The Twickenham Sessions" 8 cds
"The White Album Sessions" 4 cds Just for the Hey Jude takes,take 1 is incredible

Like I said,try looking for these in .flac,or .shn,I love everything from the Get Back sessions,Get Back starts out with different lyrics,John gives it a try,Ringo trys to throw in some lyrics and get rejected,all the way to the final rooftop recording,and its the same thing with Let it be,John ends up on Bass somehow,and he clearly does not like it..lol,for me these are becoming more availiable,and are popping up more and more in lossless form,better than mp3,ya just gotta get them when you see them,or perhaps never ever have them,and forget what you've heard about the Get back Sessions being boring,there are some gems in that set.

Tamara

• A Beginning
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »

I have bought or got the regular albums in the past years en realized not to long ago there might be more! I know about bootlegs, but haven't got any. Which do you think is the best to get for first? And did the Beatles put all the radio material on the Beatles at the bbc album? I've read here and there that there are more songs recorded. Is that true and are they on an album?

Bobber

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 02:37:42 PM »

Quote from: Tamara
I have bought or got the regular albums in the past years en realized not to long ago there might be more! I know about bootlegs, but haven't got any. Which do you think is the best to get for first? And did the Beatles put all the radio material on the Beatles at the bbc album? I've read here and there that there are more songs recorded. Is that true and are they on an album?

No, they did not put all their bbc-stuff on the Beatles At The BBC-cd. One more song (Lend Me Your Comb) appeared on the Anthology, but there are songs that are only available on bootlegs. A Picture Of You, Dream Baby and Beautiful Dreamer (any more?) for instance. The total BBC-thing is on BBC Anthology. Think it's 12 cd's tho. The recordings from the Decca audition (January 1st 1962) is a good start and gives a beautiful insight in their early sound.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 07:54:05 PM »

I guess you can start with the Twickenaham Sessions...

1.Download bitcomet its free

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 06:00:13 AM »

Yeah, a great place to start is with the 2,000 hours of Twickenham crap.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 07:03:18 AM »

Yeah, a great place to start is with the 2,000 hours of Twickenham crap.

Pay no attention to him,just get it,its a free copys of all eight cds,you can download and burn them to disc, some kind Beatle fan put tham up,its interesting if you have never heard them,but Juniors right about one thing,it aint all rosy.

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 11:40:06 AM »

The thing is: there is a lot of stuff available, especially when it comes to the Let It Be sessions. Like Juniors remarked: is it really necessary to struggle through these hours of sessions? Can't a normal fan (not a sick one, that is) just deal with The Black Album? But these sessions is just a part of the whole thing. Thnx for the info anyway. It seems everybody picks out his/hers own favorite on this one as well.

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 11:52:15 AM »

Everybody needs to get John's version of Many Rivers To Cross, it's so good.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 04:40:16 AM »

Here's what I suggested to Bobber. Got this collection from Russia last Summer and it sounds excellent. Here's an ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4746672604&category=307&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

p.s. Here's another link that has each Volume's song listing/description.

http://www.aboutthebeatles.com/discography_bootleg.html

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 04:58:32 AM »

Since I'm rolling with this, this is one of my favorite boots as well. Interesting collection.

http://bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=notsale&section=1

Worth it for the version of "I've Got A Feeling" alone. Paul and John actually having fun at Twickenham.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 66 queries.