Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Classic 60's songs: Paint It Black  (Read 4964 times)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Classic 60's songs: Paint It Black
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 11:04:25 PM »

Some people say it was Andrew Oldham who put the comma there to make the single controversial.

If however it was the record company then these are the same people that a couple of years later would refuse the toilet album cover for Beggar's Banquet!
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 03:49:21 AM »

Its interesting that you think it's badly produced didn't The Beatles complain that the Stones had much better recording facilities over in America?
The opening drum sound is great imo

Also interesting to note ....according to Wikipedia...that Brian Jones came up with the melody on his sitar

I think we get spoiled a bit with how well the Beatles were recorded in those 'primitive' studios. Most of their stuff sounds like it was done yesty. But most other bands of the time sound dated. Even the great songs Just my opinion lol

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 04:37:47 AM »

I think we get spoiled a bit with how well the Beatles were recorded in those 'primitive' studios. Most of their stuff sounds like it was done yesty. But most other bands of the time sound dated. Even the great songs Just my opinion lol

Yes Stevie I'm inclined to agree with you

I thought 1st album Please Please Me sounds very dated but everything after that sounds great

Why is that I wonder?
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 12:42:49 AM »

I just remembered another aspect I like about this record and that is Bill Wymans dive bombs on his bass during the outcomes

Bill wasn't in McCartney league on bass but his idea to play these was very clever and very effective
Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.741 seconds with 43 queries.