Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Tony Sheridan Live in Moscow  (Read 1975 times)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
Tony Sheridan Live in Moscow
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:20:47 PM »

British rock'n'roll guitarist Tony Sheridan, known for his tandem with the Beatles in the early 60s, will perform a live gig during the International Beatles festival on Sunday in Moscow's B2 club.

The gig, organized by Russia's largest Beatles fan community, marks the 50th anniversary of their first studio album, Tony Sheridan & the Beat Brothers, recorded a couple of years prior to the international Fab Four's success.

In 1961, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Pete Best (then drummer, followed by Ringo Starr) went on their first tour in Hamburg, Germany, where they met Tony Sheridan, a professional guitarist and vocalist.

Sheridan's tandem with the Beatles spiffed up the traditional Scottish folk song My Bonnie Lies over the Ocean, subsequently entitled as simply My Bonnie, adding unpretentious rock'n'roll beats to the tune.

Russia is especially nostalgic for Beatles music since it is tightly related to a breath of fresh air and some kind of taboo in the Iron Curtain era during the Soviet Union.

Apart from Sheridan, a number of Russian Beatles-style bands will take part in the show.

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 36 queries.