Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lennon project  (Read 1160 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Lennon project
« on: June 29, 2004, 09:47:27 PM »

At the end of the school year I was assigned a poetry project but that blows, so instead i did the project using Lennon songs (Beatles and solo).  I said his lyrics were poetry with a musical backdrop, but she didnt see it my way and failed me.  Then she railed on Lennon and since it was the last day of school I told her to go f*** herself.  Was I wrong here?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
Re: Lennon project
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 09:55:07 PM »

I dono, I would have done it, but then again I got in an argument with my own grandma not too long ago cause she was ragging on John.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 10:14:57 PM »

I TOTALLY applaud you Herecomesyoursun! Sticking to your guns and standing up for what you believe. I think you definitely DID do the right thing! :)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 11:43:21 PM »

What was the assignment? Were you supposed to use someones poetry? What in the world could she say about Lennon??

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 01:05:21 AM »

Macca, we were supposed to find 12 poems (anybody's) and analyze them which wasnt that hard but I feel Lennon is a real poet.  I used "Imagine", "Tomorrow Never Knows" "I am the Walrus", "Strawberry Fields Forever" and others including  a few from a Spaniard in the Works.  But when I handed them in, the teacher went nuts.  I explained that music can be a from of poetry, but she didnt think so.  Then, just to spite me I think because she really hates me, she goes on about how John Lennon is a terrible role model.  I lost it.  So anyways, here's the best part of the story.  After all this she decided that she was going to try and prevent me from being in Honors English 10 next year, because apparently anyone who appreciates "Imagine" isnt intelligent, so she made me have this meeting with the head of the English dept.  And, when I walk into the office today (schools been out for a while hes just there still for scheduling) the head of the dept is listening to Revolver and has a poster of Lennon. Yeah, I think I'm still in. 

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 01:17:04 AM »

She sounds like a moron. She also sounds like she needs the stick taken out of her butt.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 01:19:18 AM »

I've been trying to point that out to her all year.  I love how all my good teachers hate her too.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 11:59:48 AM »

[quote by=Herecomesyoursun link=Blah.pl?b=lennon,m=1088545647,s=4 date=1088557521]when I walk into the office today the head of the dept is listening to Revolver and has a poster of Lennon. Yeah, I think I'm still in.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 12:21:10 AM »

Quote from: Herecomesyoursun
At the end of the school year I was assigned a poetry project but that blows, so instead i did the project using Lennon songs (Beatles and solo).  I said his lyrics were poetry with a musical backdrop, but she didnt see it my way and failed me.  Then she railed on Lennon and since it was the last day of school I told her to go f*** herself.  Was I wrong here?
[...]
Macca, we were supposed to find 12 poems (anybody's) and analyze them which wasnt that hard but I feel Lennon is a real poet.

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 55 queries.