Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remastered!  (Read 3776 times)

Bobber

Remastered!
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:35:28 AM »

Beatles catalog to be remastered -- Neil Aspinall says so!

An intriguing -if a bit misleading- story on Starpulse.com is headlined "Beatles Catalog To Be Remastered, Offered on iTunes." Unfortunately, the story doesn't really say all that -it doesn't really say the catalog will be offered on iTunes (there are other digital download services, you know).
However, a long quote from Apple head Neil Aspinall, from his testimony in the Apple vs. Apple case, indicates the remastering of the catalog is most definitely in the offing. "We're remastering the whole Beatles catalog, just to make it sound brighter and better and getting proper booklets to go with each of the packages. I think it would be wrong to offer downloads of the old masters when I am making new masters. It would be better to wait and try to do them both simultaneously so that you then get the publicity of the new masters and the downloading, rather than just doing it ad hoc."
This is the most direct indication yet that the remastering that Beatle fans have been clamoring for -- we can't count the emails we've gotten on this -- will be a reality.
The only question is when.

Re: Remastered!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 05:42:38 AM »

I think it's great, but a whole new collection we'll all have to get. Why the hell didn't they do it right the first time? Or the second time? Or...

ma_tt2

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 06:07:51 AM »

I think if they do release them I'd probably just replace mine as they get too scratched with the new ones. But I agree with you Junior, its kind of annoying. Maybe they're just really smart and know lots of Beatles fans would buy them again if there big improvemnets.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 04:08:02 PM »

Unfortunately (or not!) I buy everything they release - so these will end up on my shelves as well!!! ;D

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 05:56:15 PM »

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Need money for remasters and illegal intoxicants. My life has taken on a new meaning.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 01:18:38 AM »

Quote from: ma_tt2
I think if they do release them I'd probably just replace mine as they get too scratched with the new ones. But I agree with you Junior, its kind of annoying. Maybe they're just really smart and know lots of Beatles fans would buy them again if there big improvemnets.

Hell, they know we'll buy everything. I think the $130 million + they made off of the Anthology series and discs proved them that.

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 11:09:50 AM »

don't see any reason to buy remastered versions of songs I already have on record. I don't care if it's mono, stereo or whatever they remaster. In my opinion it's only making money out the Beatles in a most unimaginative way.
Wished they would release some 'bootlegs' like you can find here Bootlegs[/u] (thanx raxo), some never before seen tv-appearances and things like that.

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »

Yeah but these ones wont sound like somebody was cooking a fried breakfast in the studio. They best release them soon or the heart attack kid will have more cause for concern from me! Must buy them, must buy them, must buy them, must buy them......

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 05:08:03 PM »

Quote from: Kate
Wished they would release some 'bootlegs' like you can find here Bootlegs[/u] (thanx raxo), some never before seen tv-appearances and things like that.

Oh, my God! ... What have you done, girl? ... you've been a bad one: it was a secret, OK?  :P  :D

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 06:22:57 PM »

oops :B.....ahem.....err.....there are no booty legs....forget about that link everyone

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

Quote from: Kate
oops :B.....ahem.....err.....there are no booty legs....forget about that link everyone

Hahahaha ... too latte, I think ... people: F-or-get them, it's up to you! ... LOL!

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 04:34:10 AM »

Quote from: raxo

Oh, my God! ... What have you done, girl? ... you've been a bad one: it was a secret, OK?  :P  :D

I hope this was a joke because why would you keep it from the bunch of us? Please let me know because I thought we were a group, and why would you not share whatever info you have with the rest of us? I'm not owed one, but would like an explanation since you have done pretty well taking material from the Bootleg forum.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 05:14:37 AM »

raxos secret links..........i was outside looking inside....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 05:21:16 AM »

good thing he didn't find this site....
http://www.beatlesphotos.de/The%20Beatles.htm

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006, 08:02:33 AM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

I hope this was a joke because why would you keep it from the bunch of us? Please let me know because I thought we were a group, and why would you not share whatever info you have with the rest of us? I'm not owed one, but would like an explanation since you have done pretty well taking material from the Bootleg forum.

it was there (post no 35
http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b-conversations/m-1143545044/s-30/) for erveryone to see, so I don't think he exactly hid it - think you can consider it as a joke  ;)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »

Quote from: juniorsfarm

Of course we're a group! I've shared a couple of things too ... if I can remember .... links included ... so I can't understand ... how can you think I've hidden anything? ... exactly your words: why would I keep it from the bunch of you? ... and why would I not share whatever info I have with the rest of you?

----

This link was not only posted (by me) where Kate said (reply 35):
http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b-conversations/m-1143545044/s-30/

----

... but in bootlegforum too (reply 5 ... and what's more, pc31 knew it: take a look at reply 6 ... and 7):
http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b-bootlegs/m-1132664558/

----

... and in "All Guys Links" (reply 68 ):
http://dmbeatles.com/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b-othermusic/m-1108218381/s-60/

----

Those threads where the best places to be posted in, I thought, ... Bootlegforum and Guys Links ... and at different times, what d'you think?

... Have you notice the smilies on my reply 8 in this thread? ... so don't doubt it: it all was another (inner) joke be-twin Kate and me (similar to the one about the time I've got) ...

Sorry about the confussion ...  :-/

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 01:34:44 PM »

why are you defendering youseff if'n you finnk ewe are leveling?
i was just stiring it up.......you do got a shifty manner tho.....

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »

Quote from: pc31
why are you defendering youseff if'n you finnk ewe are leveling?
i was just stiring it up.......you do got a shifty manner tho.....

Have you read juniorsfarm? ... explaning myself to him, then ...

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »

what is that your hiding behind yer back???

ringo rules

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 02:26:21 PM »

I don't think I will buy the remastered albums not unless my current ones get really scratched.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 71 queries.