Solo forums > George Harrison

- * - George Harrison lifesize Marionette creation - * -

<< < (3/17) > >>

Unknown Delight:
Hmmm, you think so?

Well there is not much 'technology' involved in this project, as there is nothing electronic or mechanical .  All the movements are done by hand by pulling one of fourteen strings from a pair of wooden crossbar controls from above the figure.  Even the eye movements are all 'hand done'.....so ....

....but ....maybe THAT fact alone would make it interesting to him?  The fact that it IS so 'tech-free' and 'old school'?

I am not sure if i should....i mean, i don't want to frighten to poor man since he is trying hard to get on with his own life.  Naturally there is a part of me that would like to share this with him, but it would need to be for the right reasons.

It is hard to know what to do.....but i appreciate your encouragement JimmyMcCullochFan.  I do.

:)

DaveRam:
I want him for Christmas  ;D

Great work really love it , it is a bit strange though looking at George Marionette Moptop, he just looks like he could come to life ?
Love the video , would like to hear him sing Brainwashed  8)

Have you thought about doing John Paul & Ringo ?

Unknown Delight:
Thanks for your compliments !

I have not seriously thought about making John, Ringo, or Mr. McCartney.  I am more a 'Harrison' admirer then a general 'Beatle Boys' fan to be honest so i am not overly interested in making the 'others'.  I will admit i have had a lot of inquiries!

Besides, i think 'George' is enjoying all the attention he gets from me when we practice new upcoming songs.....

At some point i plan on building a foamcore replica of his small 'Lotus' 6-string acoustic guitar so 'George' will be able to perform a wider selection of his music.  For now he is a bit limited, with only Uke-related tunes to play...but there are SO many excellent Harrisongs he could do beautifully if he had a standard guitar.

Mairi:
Kind of freaky, but great work. You obviously have a lot of talent. It's interesting that you chose to model your george marionette after what he looked like in your later years. What made you decide to do that?

Unknown Delight:
A excellent question...

George to me has always been 'just George' and never a 'Beatle'.  I became aware of him in 1987 when his 'Cloud Nine' lead single and album was released. I became interested in his work and it increased with the release of the Wilbury era albums.  So i have always known him as a solo artist and never really attached him to his Beatle persona.  When i became much more aware of his solo work last year, i completey saw him as a totally different entity.  Naturally i went and researched the Beatles history and explored their music to learn all i could about his past, but George really stood out on his own and seemed sadly repressed.  Having been able to glimpse the 'real George' through my discoveries and through his own words, i have a even clearer view of him being SO MUCH MORE then just a band member.

So...when i decided to make this figure, it was a obvious choice for me to have him appear as he did in his later years.  I was adament about him not appearing too 'Beatly' and i argued with myself over his clothing choice.  I wanted this figure to portray the 'real' man and not the overly merchandised 'image' version so closely associated with The Beatles Era he tried so hard to escape.  It seemed a more fitting choice considering i was more interested in his music and persona, and George himself probably would have enjoyed the choice himself.   

Originally i planned and having 'George' look like he did in his late 80's period- 'Cloud Nine' era with the semi- shaven look.  It was changed while under construction as i was concerned people would confuse his appearence with Eric Clapton ( also a famous semi-shaven guitarist!). I wanted to avoid this, so i changed it to his clean shaven appearence from the 90's.  Also it turned out i did'nt need his 'beard' to hide the mouth gaps/mechanics after all.  The design came out much better then expected, so their was no need to use the 'beard' look to cover any gaps.   

Feel free to ask more questions!

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version