Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: John's siblings  (Read 54287 times)

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
John's siblings
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:25:53 PM »

It is generally well known (among Beatles fans at least) that John had younger half sisters Julia (Baird) and Jacqui (Dykins), the daughters of his mother Julia and her partner 'Bobby' Dykins. Less well known is that John's mother had a brief liaison with a Welsh soldier and bore him a daughter, Victoria, who was subsequently adopted by a Norwegian couple, and renamed Ingrid Pedersen. I have read conflicting reports as to whether John ever even knew of this adopted half sister, and very little is known of her so far as I'm aware.

However, probably even less is known of John's younger half brothers David and Robin - the sons of John's father Alfred. I believe they'll now be in their late thirties or early forties? Can anyone throw any light on what became of them?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: John's siblings
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »

I saw this story linked from the Wikipedia article about Julia Baird ...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/archive/2000/10/03/Hampshire+Archive/5626450.beatle_s_relative_in_plea_as_gunman_awaits_verdict_on_parole/

Ingrid says ...

"I was raised by adoptive parents but found out about my real background 14 years before John's death. I promised myself I wouldn't approach him until my adoptive parents died but before I had a chance to meet him and establish any sort of relationship he was killed.

"What is equally sad is John had hired detectives to search for me so he obviously felt that something was missing from his life too."

So, presumably, John did learn about Victoria/Ingrid's existence if he really did hire detectives to find her.

Alf and his 2nd wife Pauline moved to Brighton which is where they lived when David and Robin were born. According to Wikipedia, Pauline Lennon remarried after Alf's death in 1976 and now goes by the name Pauline Stone.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »

There's some information on John's relatives in this thread, including a link to the Lennon family tree.

http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/index.php?topic=1161.0

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »

Found this on another forum. It looks as if David was posting there as well, but his posts were removed or unreadable for guests. It's some information.

John only met David once, and I read that when Alfred and Pauline brought David over to see John, John threw them out of his house! Not sure which book that is from tho...but I guess John was aware that he had another half-brother, Robin, considering the fact that both Alfred and John did keep in touch until Alfred's death.

David and Robin have been included in Julian's website of his Lennon family, Lennon.net, so that must have a lot more information that can help you.

As for Victoria, her other name was Ingrid Pederson who worked (or works) as a nurse in England. She came out as John's long lost sister some years back after her adopted mother passed away. She had learned her connection to John in 1966 but kept it a secret on her adoptive parents' advice. One of John's aunts told John about his half sister and he tried to look for her, but had no luck. Last I heard, Stanley Parkes (John's cousin), Julia, Julian, Cynthia, and Yoko have welcomed her into the family. You can google her for more information, some links have been brought up on the subject (I typed in John Lennon's long lost sister)

And this:

His both Brothers named David Henry born February 26th 1969 and Robin Francis Lennon born October 22th 1973 in Brighton,

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »

This was in the news in August 1998:

Long-lost Lennon located

A 53-year old hospital worker has come forward claiming to be John Lennon's long-lost half-sister. Ingrid Pedersen says she was given up for adoption as a newborn by Julia Lennon, the singer's mother, in Liverpool in 1945. She told The Sun newspaper that although she had been aware of her true identity when the Beatles were at their peak, she had never met her older half-brother. Ingrid knew her connection at the Beatles' peak. "Now at last I can admit who I am - the little sis John loved but could never find," she said.

Providing copies of her birth and adoption certificates which say she was born Victoria Elizabeth Lennon, Ingrid Pedersen said she had kept her identity a secret for the sake of her adoptive parents, Margaret and Peder Pedersen. But Mrs Pedersen died five weeks ago so she had decided the time was right to speak out. "I kept this secret for the sake of my mum. But now she's dead I want to find my real family," she said. She added that revealing her true identity would "take a huge weight" of her shoulders. John Lennon's father Alf walked out on his family three years after his son's birth in 1940. Ingrid Pedersen claims that his mother then had a brief affair with a Welsh soldier called Taffy Williams, who was her real father. The Beatle, who was shot dead in New York in 1980, also had two other half-sisters, born after his mother met John Dykins. Miss Pedersen says she wants to meet her half-sisters and John's two sons, Sean and Julian.

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:49:14 PM »

Pictures of Victoria Lennon aka Ingrid Pedersen

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »

;D

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:58:45 PM by Bobber »

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 09:53:20 AM »

Wow!!
Bobber, are YOU the private detective John hired to find his half sister   ;D  ;D

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »

Wow!!
Bobber, are YOU the private detective John hired to find his half sister   ;D  ;D

The internet is a wonderful place if you're patient enough and ready to look on page two as well. ;D

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »

Correctly and Sorry each idiot finds which it to find wants.

Bobber

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 02:06:09 PM »

Correctly and Sorry each idiot finds which it to find wants.

Oh come on Dirk, it wasn't THAT easy. You didn't come up with these pictures! ha2ha

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »

who knows . . if john had lived 10 more years he might have divorced yoko (there's evidence he may have been heading towards that) . . reconnected with his england family (there's evidence he may have been heading towards that) . .  and
john's blood relatives (i.e. his 1/2 sister) may have had an inheritance if not some say in his legacy
that takes alot of character to know you have a rich and famous sibling who doesn't know about you and keep silent out of respect to your adoptive parents.
-
victoria lennon/ingrid pedersen seems like an amazing person of integrity ----->  and looks a bit like john in the face as well

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »

in fact they're the spitting image of eachother

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »

in fact they're the spitting image of eachother

They are both very much like their mother

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »

Here Alfred (with Pauline Jones) Son David Henry 

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 11:11:56 AM »

I bumped into that picture as well, but it is not really confirmed that this is John's halfbrother.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 12:03:54 PM »

correct  ;D another picture also flew over the Net  ;sorry

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »

Wow! Some terrific research and information on here - grateful thanks to you all for your responses.

About three or four years ago I visited "Mendips" - John's childhood home on Menlove Avenue, now owned by The National Trust of course. The custodian told us of how Ingrid Pedersen, John's long lost adopted half sister, put in an appearance when the NT blue plaque was unveiled at the property. Apparently she was a very pleasant, polite and quietly spoken lady who just wanted to be present to pay her own discreet respects to the famous big brother she was so proud of, but never got to meet. The very opposite of the kind of money grabbing, publicity seeking parasites who so often crawl out of the woodwork to cash in on a departed celebrity relative. When the ceremony concluded she bade other family members and dignitaries a low-key farewell and melted away without a fuss. Sounds a really wonderful person to me.

I did ask the custodian if she had any background details regarding John's half brothers, but she was unable to help. You have more than made up for it here though... please keep any further information coming!

Bobber

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:23 AM »

You're most welcome. I'll keep an eye open.

Banatic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »

I'm assuming the picture of Ingrid putting down the flowers was taken quite awhile ago,perhaps the 1980s soon after John's death. She would be about 66 now,and she looks 30ish in the photo. What's the history behind this photo? Who's the man kneeling down to the right? He looks really familiar. Is that actor Robert Culp in the background in the sunglasses?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.501 seconds with 76 queries.