Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: John's siblings  (Read 54276 times)

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Re: John's siblings
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 07:50:13 AM »

Lots of great stuff  :)

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 08:03:59 AM »

I'm assuming the picture of Ingrid putting down the flowers was taken quite awhile ago,perhaps the 1980s soon after John's death. She would be about 66 now,and she looks 30ish in the photo. What's the history behind this photo? Who's the man kneeling down to the right? He looks really familiar. Is that actor Robert Culp in the background in the sunglasses?

This was presumably in May 1999, when Victoria and Yoko first met.
The man kneeling to the right looks like Sean in his fat Elvis period, but I'm not sure.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

the man is a fan does   stand still, hundred on this place every day and hours..

Bobber

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »

the man is a fan does   stand still, hundred on this place every day and hours..

Celebrities can be fans too.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 05:05:22 AM »

It must be very sad to know that you were related to John Lennon but never got the chance to know him. Very interesting. Thanks for all the information and photos, Bobber.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 07:09:24 AM »

Very interesting. Thanks for all the information and photos, Bobber.

You're welcome. It was all on the internet tho.

Banatic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »

The Man standing to Yoko's right is definitely David Lennon. I heard him interviewed on the radio a month ago. For a while I wasn't quite sure it had been for real and spent way way too much time trying to back it up and having not much luck varyfying it until I found this site. Comparing that photo to the other site he mentioned,it's him,but now slightly older. He only met John once,and the memorial was the first time he met Ingrid. The young woman interviewing him clearly didn't understand what a mind boggling interview she was having,nor the network broadcasting it,because I haven't heard a peep out of anyone since. I'm in the process of hunting it down. He claimed John was basically a non entity in his house and everybody avoided bringing him up.No one wanted to be hastled by the fans. Apparently he and his brother had a normal happy upbringing. He mentioned finding that site dissing his father mentioned earlier in this thread and got so upset he just had to set the record straight.Apparently Alfred was a great Dad. Brother Robin was upset by this breach in privacy,and even more so when Dave posted his recent wedding video on Youtube. There are actually several Liz and Dave Weddings .His is the slide show presented to "I only want to make you happy". In it,the best shot of him that I used to compare to the memorial is at 1:24. You'll also see his beautiful new bride and Robin as his best man,and various unknown family members. I wish them all the best. Also,after all these years,he's finally taken an interest in music and is learning the guitar and has even gone to a few Beatle-fests.  He finished the interview by singing one of his own compositions. He sounds nothing like John,but hey,not bad for an amateur.
On the subject of Ingrid and the guy kneeling next to her,for a photo I'm sure I had never seen before,it had a massive deja-vu feel to it,like they were walking toward me.It took me a long time for me to figure this out,but I think when I saw the documentary John Lennon vs. The U.S  at the Toronto International Filmfest,they were part of the audience. I also remember just seeing the two strolling about,turnig heads,with even some of the celebrities wondering who they were.

Bobber

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2011, 10:04:40 AM »

Yes I think you're right. Where was the interview broadcasted and any chance on bringing a link to it in here?

Bobber

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2011, 10:44:17 AM »

As soon as I became aware that John was my brother I started to collect every cutting on him I could find and hid them in a drawer in my bedroom. I was terrified in case my parents found out. It would have been a betrayal of them.

I felt I couldn't contact John when my adoptive mother was still alive. I felt an incredible loyalty to her because I believe she knew I was dad's real daughter and she took me in as her own daughter with no obvious resentment about his affair with Julia.

I knew Mum kept a tin box in her wardrobe that contained family papers. When no one was around I opened it, trembling. I found a yellowing, dog-eared adoption paper that had been issued by Liverpool County Court. Then I saw my full name: Lillian Ingrid Maria Pedersen, and my birth date. Above that were the three words I had been looking for: Victoria Elizabeth Lennon - the name I was born with. My real mother's name, Julia Lennon, was also there. I burst into tears.

Ingrid Pedersen, 2000
Melbourne Sunday Herald Sun

Bobber

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2011, 10:49:21 AM »

Bobber

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 10:58:48 AM »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »

In Spanish. We need Xose or Raxo here: http://www.elforo.de/liverpool/viewtopic.php?t=1110&sid=226873467a6c19e20eed9a1bbfc3109f

strange german domain but a Spanian Dude

David Puig Rojas

Bobber

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »

The picture in Central Park seems to be from October 9, 1998

Banatic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 03:55:53 PM »

I admit my memory from 4 weeks ago is a lot better than 6 years ago. I could be totally wrong about it being Ingrid at the festival,and just someone that resembled that odd couple. I'm still working on finding that interview.  What was all that stuff in spanish? Could some one sum those articals up for me? My only real second language is french,and that's not very good either.Looking at that new Ingrid-now photo reminds me of Julia Baird's bit about telling John how she tried to visit Apple and being turned away because "John doesn't have any sisters" and John replied "apparently I have hundreds" because it was a common trick  female fans pulled. Both  Ingrid and David were interviewed by the American media when they visited in 1998,but I don't know by whom. Where does that Memorial shot come from anyway? i can't find it anywhere else on the net.

Banatic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »

I have had no luck finding the David Lennon interview. The earliest mention of it in my journal was June 14,2011 when I told a friend about it. Initially I thought I had heard it on a local Canadian radio broadcast sometime between June 10 and June 13,but after an extensive search found nothing.This is Halifax,Nova Scotia,which has 24 FM stations and no Am channels. However,at night we get plenty of AM broadcasts up from the states - New York,New hampshire,Connecticut,in fact,way down to Florida.Over 60 of them!!! I apologize,but I am completely at a loss on where I heard it. One odd thing about the broadcast that I do remember is that I don't remember him having a noticeable british accent. However,on the Ingrid front,I finally got a copy of her book,which wasn't easy to find in Canada. It came out in 2005,and is only available in an french language edition. I'm going to try and translate it and present some kind of review of it later. Interestingly,the American show TMZ.com has mentioned her a few times,but unfortuneatly always describes her as John's Alledged half sister despite the fact that she has been completely acknowleged and accepted by her step sisters Cynthia and Jacqui. I found my Toronto Film Fest Notes. It was actually Sean and Jacqui I had a close encounter with earlier in the day when I saw The U.S. vs. John Lennon.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 10:34:33 AM »

I have had no luck finding the David Lennon interview. John's Alledged half sister despite the fact that she has been completely acknowleged and accepted by her step sisters Cynthia and Jacqui. I found my Toronto Film Fest Notes. It was actually Sean and Jacqui I had a close encounter with earlier in the day when I saw The U.S. vs. John Lennon.
1-Is that David Lennon who was Fred and Pauline's son? The brother of Robin? I've always wanted to know what they're up to. I thought they were living quitely in Brighton.
1-Johns 1/2 sisters are Jacqui and Julia. Cynthia was his wife.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 10:47:15 AM »

who knows . . if john had lived 10 more years he might have divorced yoko (there's evidence he may have been heading towards that)
Is this evidence the fact he'd just released an album almost totally dedicated to his enduring happiness and love of life with Yoko and that fact he was in the process of making another album called Milk and honey which was er all about his enduring happiness with Yoko?
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

1-Is that David Lennon who was Fred and Pauline's son? The brother of Robin? I've always wanted to know what they're up to. I thought they were living quitely in Brighton.
1-Johns 1/2 sisters are Jacqui and Julia. Cynthia was his wife.

correct

Lennon Father Side was only David and Robin
Lennon Mothers Side was Julia,Victoria( today Ingrid) and Jaqui

Alfred Lennon December 12, 1912 Liverpool, England- April 1, 1976

Julia Stanley March 12, 1914 Liverpool, England- July 15, 1958

Married: December 3, 1938

Alfred was a seaman and often went abroad visiting far and few in between. After John's birth in 1940, the marriage fell apart; Alfred and Julia last saw each other in 1945 when he took John to Blackpool, England, intending to move to New Zealand but Julia was determined to keep her son; although John was living with her sister, Mimi Smith. Despite being legally married, Julia gave birth to Victoria in 1945 from a relationship and was forced to give the baby up for adoption; that same year, Julia became involved with John Albert Dykins- they had two daughters, Julia and Jacqueline. By 1958, Julia was close to her son, allowing him to rehearse with the Quarrymen at her home and attending his early gigs until she was accidentally killed by being run over by an off duty drunk policeman.

Alfred and John remain estranged until John was famous with the Beatles and tried to contact in 1964 during the making of "A Hard Day's Night" but John refused. Alfred tried again in 1965 by coming to his home in Weybridge, Surrey with Cynthia letting him in where he met Julian for the first time. Alfred remarried to Pauline Jones in 1968 and they had two sons, David and Robin. John spoke to his father a few times until Alfred died from cancer; he offered to pay for the funeral by Pauline refused.

Victoria Elizabeth Stanley

June 15, 1945 Liverpool, England

Julia gave her up for adoption under her father's orders as she was not financial stable and caring for her son, John as well as being technically married as Victoria was a result from another relationship. Victoria was adopted by Peder and Margaret Pedersen and was renamed Ingrid Marie. In the 1960s, John was told by his Aunts that he had another sister and tried to look for her unsuccessfully; in 1966 Ingrid discovered that she was John's sister but kept quiet under her adoptive mother's request until her death in 1998. Ingrid was then living in England as a nurse and announced her identity. Ingrid has met Yoko Ono and only met her biological family of the Stanleys in 2005 although they had mentioned that she was welcome into the fold.

Julia Dykins Baird

March 5, 1947, Liverpool, England

After her mother's death in 1958, Julia and Jacqui were sent to Julia's sister Harriet Birch to live and their father, John Dykins (known as Bobby) visiting. In August of 1968, Julia married Allan Baird and had lived in Ireland for many years before moving back to England; Julia is the mother of Nicholas, Sarah, and David. Julia didn't speak to John since 1966 until 1975 when John wanted to speak to her and was trying to established contact with his family after a few years. Julia worked as a French teacher and is in contact with Julian while only meeting Sean rarely.

John Lennon My Brother 1988

Imagine This: Growing Up with my Brother John Lennon 2007

Jacqueline Gertrude Dykins

October 26, 1949, Liverpool, England

After Julia's death in 1958, Julia and Jacqui moved in with their Aunt Harriet Birch with their father, Bobby Dykins, visiting occasionally. During the 1970s, Jacqui was a shop girl but fell on hard times as a heroin addict. In the 1980s, Jacqui recovered and gave birth to her son, John, and worked as a hairstylist.

David Henry Lennon

February 26, 1969

Robin Francis Lennon

October 23, 1973
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:13:19 AM by Badgirl66 »

Banatic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »

Hey Toejam,I meant to type Julia,not Cynthia.My mistake.

Banatic

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:51 AM »

Oh yea...See Ingrid awkwardly plug her book on french television at www.dailymotion.com/.../xf9dpq_ingrid-pedersen-lennon
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.666 seconds with 80 queries.