Beatles forums > Albums

What albums should I recommend to my friend?

(1/5) > >>

Frightwolf:
My friend acquired Sgt. Pepper a few weeks ago and likes the CD.  He never understood why I was so obsessed with them, mostly because he associates the Beatles with their older pieces (which I love, but he doesn't like as much.  He really doesn't like I Saw Her Standing There).  He's more into psychadelic sounds like Strawberry Fields (he says I Am The Walrus isn't really as psychadelic as stuff he's heard from Bob Dylan, but that's understandable).  He also says he can kinda see why The Beatles are so great through the song Let It Be.  So, since he doesn't like early pop rockers from The Beatles, which albums should I recommend?

I was thinking Revolver, for its sophisticated tunes (Eleanor Rigby, Taxman), and Abbey Road for deep lyrics and clean sounds and variety of genre (Something, Ending Suite, Because).

Sadie4:
I would recommend Rubber Soul and also revolver, as you say. So he can listen to songs like "She said she said" with those backwards guitars, etc.

RICKENBACKER325:
Try Abbey Road and Rubber Soul. He'll get a broad range of the Beatles musical spectrum

number14:
Rubber soul, revolver or abbey road or let it be

HFleen:
forget RS...go with LIB...

;-)

HFleen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version