Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Visiting Decca Studios, 50 years later to the day.  (Read 1020 times)

Sebastian

• A Beginning
Visiting Decca Studios, 50 years later to the day.
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:12:19 PM »

On New Years Day 2012 i will be in London, and i will surely be outside the former Decca Building, now owned by the National Opera, at 11am. This will mark, down to the hour, the bands audition for Decca 50 years earlier. I will try to get in touch with the National Opera so i can be able to go inside, but that will probably not happen.

This is a map of the interior of the studios today. The Beatles did their audition in Studio 3:
http://www.themoodyblues.co.uk/DeccaTour/

So, if you look at Google Street View, you will find this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/unledqpa.png/

My black circle must be studio 3. The surroundings of the blue lines must be somewhere where they unloaded there van. Cause i've read somewhere that they were pleased with recording in studio 3, because they didn't have to walk so far with their equipment. But i would like to dig deeper into this, does anyone have more precise info about it and the events?
If someone wants to tag along, i'll be there at 10.30, New Years Day 2012.

Best wishes from Sweden.

Oh, i forgot, i've been there once before, outside the front entrance, in november 2008. I had a chat with some of the staff then.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Visiting Decca Studios, 50 years later to the day.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 06:58:44 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't have any helpful information, but that sounds very cool! I sure wish I could tag along. I hope you share your tale when you get back! I'm envious.  :)

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Visiting Decca Studios, 50 years later to the day.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 01:41:46 PM »

Yeah.Let us know how you get on.

But I can't help thinking it would be better for you to go on the next day since the first of January will be a SUNDAY and a BANK HOLIDAY. So the buildings are doubly certain to be closed!

Why don't you try sending a letter to the National Opera explaining your interest. Maybe they don't even realise that there's an important Beatles date coming up!

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 38 queries.