Beatles forums > The Beatles

sixties compilations

<< < (3/5) > >>

Olly:
[quote by=Biscuit_Power link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1092239751,s=3 date=1092241664]I think it's because most of the bands on those compilations had just one, two or maybe three really big hits and their main source of income right now are those compilations.

The Beatles on the other hand don't need that cause their albums are still selling well.

I think that's it.[/quote]

the kinks, they had loads of massive hits and they still feature on just about every one

:
The Kinks were NOT the Beatles!

They did not have the premium cachet nor the amount of exceptional and accepted musical genius.

Olly:
they might not have been as good as the beatles but they certainly made an impact

pc31:
columbia has compilations for every year and there are beatle songs on them...........help is on 66 as is simple simon.its a cover tho not the boys..

:
[quote by=Olly link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1092239751,s=12 date=1092353819]they might not have been as good as the beatles but they certainly made an impact[/quote]

Oh, absolutely!  The Kinks were great!

But they were not THE top pop group of the 60's decade.

And the comps will only play 2 Kink songs, their biggest hits: All Day and All Of The Night and You Really Got Me.

The Fabs had many, many more.  If they were even able to license some, what would they choose?  There is such a wealth of period Beatle tunes they'd end up having to put out an entire Beatle comp!  Like "1".  ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version