Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: remember today 65 Years Keith Moon  (Read 1412 times)

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
remember today 65 Years Keith Moon
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:59:21 AM »

keith moon

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
Re: remember today 65 Years Keith Moon
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »

My very favourite drummer even though he surely wasn't the best technically.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:09:39 PM »

My very favourite drummer even though he surely wasn't the best technically.

You just can't help but smile watching him do his thing. He was one of a kind, for sure. What happens at the end of this clip was planned but to a lesser degree than you see here. Keith enhanced it with out telling anyone.

The Who on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour 1967 (High Quality).mpg

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »

I love at 5:41 when Keith launched the drum stick up and it fell down to the right place making the right sound!
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

KelMar

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:14:25 AM »

I love at 5:41 when Keith launched the drum stick up and it fell down to the right place making the right sound!

Pretty slick, huh?

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »

How's it going everyone? In my opinion, Keith Moon was the craziest lunatic Rock n' Roll ever produced! (I mean that as a compliment!) He wasn't called "Moon the Loon" for nothing! I've read two big biographies on the late Keith Moon, "MOON, THE LIFE AND DEATH OF A ROCK LEGEND" BY Tony Fletcher and "FULL MOON, THE AMAZING ROCK & ROLL LIFE OF KEITH MOON" by Dougal Butler. Let me say, there was never a dull moment in Keith Moon's life. In my opinion, Moon's drumming deteriorated in the mid 1970's due to his Alcoholism and because he did not know how to play on big drum kits in the later years. Keith Moon was used to playing on a simple drum kit like Ringo's. I swear, Keith Moon's huge drum kit was almost bigger than Neil Peart's and Neil Peart's drum kit is huge! As Moon's drum kit grew bigger, he did not know how to play on it. During the WHO ARE YOU album sessions, Moon's drumming was so bad, that he had to take drumming lessons. However, Moon would barely survive and get through the sessions. I am glad that Keith finished the WHO ARE YOU album, it would be his last hurrah.

Of all of the thousands of Keith Moon stories of Rock legend, one still stays fresh in my mind. As all of you well know, THE WHO were banned from ALL Holiday Inn's for life! On one night in the 1970's, on Keith's "B" day, THE WHO decided to throw a big bash at a Holiday Inn somewhere in the US. Keith would get so out of it, that he would trash the Motel room as well as urinate in the swimming pool. When the Police arrived, Keith decided that he wanted to make a big getaway by getting into the limosine and try to drive off. However, Keith was so drunk, that he would hit every car in the parking lot, including the police cars, before driving the limosine into the swimming pool. The damage would be in the thousands which would result in THE WHO getting permanently banned from every Holiday Inn for life. This is the way Keith Moon lived. R.I.P. Keith Moon             

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 49 queries.