Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Nepal Trek  (Read 1718 times)

stevie

• Getting Better
Nepal Trek
« on: October 14, 2017, 03:04:13 AM »

Hi guys!  Just back from an epic trek to Everest Base Camp! Everything went great and the Himalayas are just stunning. Here's some photos - I'm on the right in the middle one

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
Re: Nepal Trek
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 11:14:59 PM »

Breathtaking pictures, stevie. The bottom picture in particular looks almost "other-worldly". How far up did you go? I would have been tempted to belt out a verse of "Fool On The Hill"...if I had the breath! :)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:23:36 AM »

Wow, that's impressive Stevie.  Pictures are gorgeous.  Much respect for you and Mt. Everest.  That mountain is pretty unforgiving.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 12:39:18 AM »

Cheers guys, yeah the pics came out good. I only used an IPhone 4 and my Aussie Telstra mobile! I have heaps more great pics and some amazing vid (not sure how to post vid - would they work OK with Photo bucket like these pics?)
Everest Base Camp is at 17,000 ft, near the Khumbu glacier that leads to the trad  climbing route to Everest. The mtn itself is just visible from BC. The morning after you climb an 18,0000 footer Kala Pattar to view the sunrise over E, that was when I took the bottom pic. Climbing - a walk actually - KP for 2 hrs from 4am was the toughest thing I have ever done. Minus 10 at the top and my fingers froze taking vid and pics but worth it!
During the trek I told people about the Everest/Abbey Road link via Geoff Emerick's cigarettes!!  A truly epic trek and I miss it. Keep waking in the night wondering which teahouse I'm in lol

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 01:05:36 AM »

https://youtu.be/HR8S97G3Tcc

Worked out how to post a vid

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 04:34:59 AM »

I'm not getting anything from your video Stevie.  Could just be me though.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 04:51:05 AM »

I'm not getting anything from your video Stevie.  Could just be me though.
Hmm not sure bro. Works OK when I try it. Yeah some devices just won't play things sometimes

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 06:44:07 AM »

Amazing shots and video Stevie. Well done. That’s an impressive trek.

KelMar

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 02:19:12 AM »

That had to be life-changing! Thanks for sharing with us, Stevie.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 02:50:08 AM »

Congratulations, Sir Edmund Hillary...I mean Steve!

Thank-you for sharing your magnificent pictures and video with us.  You were truly...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBAI_3bwaEI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBAI_3bwaEI</a>

icon_good
I can stay till it's time to go

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 03:26:55 AM »

Lol cheers guys. When I got to EBC I was very emotional - you worry all the way there that you may get altitude sickness, choppers are always flying back and forth evacuating people. I had a cold after the fifth day so it was a battle to get there. I recorded a vid when there, teary, very emotional, naming my close family members which I put on FB later. It was a real relief to make it. The physical part of trekking is actually the easiest bit - I had done months of training for it - but the little things can affect how you go. Thankfully we all made it from our trek party - was with 4 strangers - but we gelled and became like family to each other. Still feel lost at home as you go from this huge environment and suddenly u r home again.
Simply magnificent experience

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »

Great pics and they're bringing back sweet memories. I was in Nepal late 2000. Did the Annapurna instead of Everest.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 01:37:22 AM »

It sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing the story and pics.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 01:50:38 AM »

Wow
Amazing trip
Thanks for sharing  :)
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2017, 10:34:39 PM »

https://youtu.be/_5FH0gGhWmI

Some footage I shot with an Intova SP1 (like a go pro)  I didnt edit or anything so its raw and how it was at the time of filming. I would get it out when I wasn't using my phones. I did some adjustment on the sound - am using a cool editor called Lightworks that is free online (am assembling a proper vid of my trek using music in the BG - had to skirt some copyright hassles lol - which I will post in the future as its a slow process.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 03:24:25 AM »

Magnificent footage, Steve!!  It's a good thing you had those donkeys along to carry all that stuff.  You had a hard time getting enough oxygen into your lungs' alveoli.
I can stay till it's time to go

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 05:30:16 AM »

Lol cheers HG. We had a porter each who lugged a big duffel bag of our personal gear ahead to where we stayed each night. You would get to the teahouse/lodge and the bag would be in your room!

Some of the Sherpas who carry stuff up for a  living, well, some incredible weights they carry. Saw guys with up to 75 kg of rice on their backs. Saw a guy carrying what looked like half a lounge suite - don't ask why lol. The yaks and donkeys carried the really heavy stuff like gas cylinders etc.

My other proper video I'm assembling as some good music I inserted - so far Led Zep, George H and the Stones - with some Beatles to follow. I just throw them in and the songs fit in with the footage...well, in my book they do lol. The copyright issues are a pain but I used Dropbox and Vimeo to show the work in progress to my fellow trek buddies. Actually will post a link here now if its not a prob with the mods?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfa95z9h96lw7li/Sequence%20%232.mp4?dl=0     Still a work in progress but this is what I've done so far if anyone keen

zipp

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 02:08:10 PM »

Great videos !

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 11:55:23 PM »

Some of you guys might like the music on this lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5frggv5dbjicvrf/Sequence%20%232%283%29.mp4?dl=0

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 03:15:53 AM »

I watched a documentary the other night from the late 90s about Everest which dealt with the severe storm that killed several climbers. Throughout I was hearing instrumentals that seemed familiar. Turned out that much of the soundtrack was instrumental versions of George Harrison (mostly solo) songs.

Page created in 0.643 seconds with 82 queries.