Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "Concert for George" questions  (Read 5182 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
"Concert for George" questions
« on: April 03, 2009, 05:17:56 AM »

"Concert for George" questions

I showed "Concert for George" to my girlfriend for the first time. While viewing it, it raised some questions from observations I made.

1. Was Patty Boyd at the show? She wasn't shown if she was. Was she invited to the concert?

2. The Rickenbacker 360/12 electric guitar they had on the right side of the stage in tribute to George, was that George's orginal Rickenbacker 360/12 electric guitarfrom 1964 with the Beatles?

3. Was that Klaus Voorman I saw in the background in the band playing bass?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

BlueMeanie

Re: "Concert for George" questions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:50:01 AM »

Quote from: 155
3. Was that Klaus Voorman I saw in the background in the band playing bass?

Yes, though I don't think he takes part in the whole show, and there's no filmed intro.

Bobber

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »

There will be an anniversary by the way:

Details here: http://www.forgeorge.co.uk/default.asp

Sonic Blue

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:12:07 PM »

In respect of Patti Boyd, She doesn't seem to have been present although she may have been. As for the guitar. It was certainly George's Rickenbacker 360/12 & was probably the original. George owned two. The first was the one presented to him in New York in Feb '64, the second he acquired some 18 months later. Having acquired the second he pretty much retired the first (although the first is the one he played on "Fish on the Sand" on the "Cloud 9" Album) I believe the first is  the one which was on stage that night.
The purpose of life is to find out 'Who am I?', 'Why am I here?' and 'Where am I going?
- George Harrison in 1992.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 02:53:25 AM »

Quote from: 155
1. Was Patty Boyd at the show? She wasn't shown if she was. Was she invited to the concert?
Here's what Pattie writes in her book, Wonderful Tonight:

His funeral was in Los Angeles. I didn't go, but I was invited to the memorial concert, which took place a year later in the Royal Albert Hall, organized by Eric. I couldn't go: I had booked a spiritual holiday in Peru. Instead, I watched it on video. On the day, I took myself away from the rest of the group and spent the day high in the mountains, thinking of George, the tears trickling down my face. I was happy to mourn him in my own way.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 45 queries.