Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Beatles minus George  (Read 27167 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Re: The Beatles minus George
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2007, 05:28:29 PM »

Quote from: 185
God planned The Beatles, and the proof is all four lived nearby????
Surely there are X number of very talented musicians spread around the world. Simple law of averages dictates that eventually two  end up living next to and meeting each other. Then all you need is George and Ringo. Inevitable rather than supernatural.
And when did God get involved in music management? Isn't Simon Cowell enough? I bet the starving africans are p*ssed that he's fiddling around organising beat combos for rich westerners instead of dealing with plagues and famines.

I didn't want to start a debate over religion and didn't mean anything bad by it. God created everyone and gave everyone a gift, that's just a fact of life. But, it's a matter of whether or not that person uses that gift for good or evil. The Beatles, for example, and countless other musicians and talented people around the world used that gift given by God for good, to give people pleasure and, in the Beatles' case, change the world. But, some people use their gift given by God for evil. And some of those people are the ones who are the leaders of Africa and all of those other countries with problems. God gave them a gift to lead a country, but they chose to abuse that gift, and that is why Africa and other countries are starving and have problems. It's the leaders of those countries fault, not God's.

To sum it up, it's a person's decision whether they should use their gift for good or evil. The Beatles used theirs for good, the leaders of Africa and places like that used theirs for evil. And this really has nothing to do with Simon Cowell.

I'm not arguing or anything, I'm just defending my view. There are probably many young teenagers out there who have had a bad upbringing with no father or real mother, like John Lennon did, for example. They probably have a talent like John did, but some of them will grow up to be a criminal or something instead. Some of them might also use their talent for good, like John did. It's their decision.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

• A Beginning
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

Whether it is a higher power, stars in alignment, whatever, everything happens for a reason.  They were all contemporaries from the same little dot on a big ol' planet that came together.  What if John was born 20 or 30 years earlier, and George was born in the 50s, etc., etc.?  It probably never would have come together.  As it happens, it did, and we're fortunate for whatever fate, luck, or coincidence was involved.
What time does the Bus leave?<br /><br />The opinons expressed by 834 are solely maintained by 834 and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of other members or management of this site.  They are not meant to offend or insult, they are just

Dark Phoenyx

• Getting Better
  • Paul Mc Cartney is the true bass god!
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »

They were meant to be The Beatles.... They lived close and had interests in comnon...    I can't imagine any other person in George's place.  George contributed to the band in different ways such as the use of exotic musical instruments like the sitar, his songs and his guitar playing became a signature of the band.
Ringo bought that something extra Pete Best lacked.
<br /><br />The warlus was Paul...   8)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »

i started a topic similiar to the whole the george was the most replaceable discussion, i actually agree he was the most replaceable true it wouldnt be the beatles as we know them but they could also have been better or maybe worse whos to know what i think george contributed to the band was away from the music he was the most lad like of the four very promenent accent and as someone said the boy next door, maybe at the beginning he was more vital as when playing live they needed a lead guitarist (but what he was playing they could have got most guitarists to play) the beatles although there were 4,imo without  john and paul  the beatles wouldnt be what they were, take george or ringo out of the picture and well the music wouldnt have changed much if anything, as john and paul more so paul had so much to do with how the songs sounded that most parts that were played by george or ringo were from his guidance, and george was less needed even more in the studio years, he could have not been in the studio for most recordings as paul was starting to play his own solos and was basically getting him to play parts that paul could play on his own or playing bass or tambourine,

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2007, 10:05:51 AM »

Hey Fendertal - I want to take in your point of view but PLEASE use sentences and paragraphs. Your posts are very difficult to read as thery are, and the whole point is to share our views.  :)
Cheers. Love the Southpark thing.
don't follow leaders

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »

thanks kevin will put more effort into senstences next time m8 i get carried away when im typing lol

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »

Ditto Kevin, Fendertele. After one long line my eyes start to cross and I just stop reading. Cheers!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2007, 06:50:19 AM »

Yep, same here, sorry mate. I tend not to read your posts if they're longer than a couple of lines. Also, abbreviations like m8 (presumably - mate) should be outlawed. Too many of them make a post difficult to read. There was someone here once who used a lot and their posts were impossible to read.

Apart from that, everything's great ;D ;D ;D

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2007, 11:06:32 PM »

Yeah M8.... erm, sorry MATE! ;D :P ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

okay made a few more posts now hopefully my punctuation is little better for you all and ill drop the abbreviations get so used to it with msn and text messaging sorry again if ive caused anyone problems with there eyes ;)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2007, 05:12:08 AM »

Quote from: 758
okay made a few more posts now hopefully my punctuation is little better for you all and ill drop the abbreviations get so used to it with msn and text messaging sorry again if ive caused anyone problems with there eyes ;)

I'm sorry, are you a native English speaker? If you're not, then I apologise, but that sentence above has absolutely no punctuation in it. And it's all in lower case. It's very difficult to read. These are not text messages.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

lol yes im from scotland, im just not very good at typing, i tend to rush it and forget to put in full stops and capital letters, thank god i'm thick skinned or all this emphasis on my punctuation would give me a complex :P

Bobber

« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2007, 08:59:32 AM »

Quote from: 793

I didn't want to start a debate over religion and didn't mean anything bad by it. God created everyone and gave everyone a gift, that's just a fact of life. But, it's a matter of whether or not that person uses that gift for good or evil. The Beatles, for example, and countless other musicians and talented people around the world used that gift given by God for good, to give people pleasure and, in the Beatles' case, change the world. But, some people use their gift given by God for evil. And some of those people are the ones who are the leaders of Africa and all of those other countries with problems. God gave them a gift to lead a country, but they chose to abuse that gift, and that is why Africa and other countries are starving and have problems. It's the leaders of those countries fault, not God's.

Have you ever been in Africa? Or read anything about the history of the continent?

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2007, 08:54:05 PM »

No, I've never been to Africa, but everybody knows that most of its countries have major problems that were caused by various things that don't involve God. I just believe in the things I've mentioned on the previous page, and that God cares about everybody on this earth.

Again, I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. This is all I have to say about this, so I'm going to go back to talking about what this forum is all about: The Beatles.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Bobber

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »

Quote from: 793
No, I've never been to Africa, but everybody knows that most of its countries have major problems that were caused by various things that don't involve God. I just believe in the things I've mentioned on the previous page, and that God cares about everybody on this earth.

Again, I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my opinion. This is all I have to say about this, so I'm going to go back to talking about what this forum is all about: The Beatles.

Well, my opinion is that it's about time that God is going to take care of the people in Africa. Please bear in mind that the continent was ruled and colonized (sp?) by European countries for centuries. They didn't give a f*** after they left. A lot of countries in Africa have exceptionally high debts towards the Western countries and there is a reason for that. Now, if you had ever been in Africa (and it's great visiting), you will mostly find extremely generous and hospitable people who are very open towards the world and other people. It's about time we are helping them instead of accusing them of spreading aids and bad governments.

Badfinger_Boogie

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #155 on: September 22, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »

It's hard (well impossible) to say for sure how far The Beatles would've gone without George (or Ringo), or if they'd even have happened at all, but I don't think there'll be much debate that he added a very important and unique element to the group. I'm sure The Beatles would've sounded very different had he not been a part.

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2007, 01:48:54 AM »

It was a difficult situation, and it wasn't only George.  

Lennon was tired of McCartney, and he was the one who actually quit the band.

Harrison was sick of McCartney, and was willing to leave the band as well.

So the real question is this: the Beatles minus Paul McCartney?

Seems to me that Lennon, Harrison, and Starr got along.  McCartney was the black sheep, and the pest.

I know that Harrison worked with Lennon later on, but nothing they did as a collaboration touched what they did as "Beatles."

The four of them had magic.  Minus one, and you got nothing.  

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2007, 04:37:01 AM »

Ooh, great idea for a thread:  the Beatles minus Paul McCartney. Since that's what we got, actually, for about 4 years.

Quote from: 828
That's too harsh for me. The four of them made wonderful, fun, moving, interesting music on their own. All of them had a moment to shine, or many moments. I agree that individually they didn't have the impact of the Beatles, but no one has had the impact of the Beatles, so I can't hold that against them. I do think they made successful individual artists, albeit on a smaller scale. Like most creative people, they had peaks and valleys. But their peaks were good peaks, and I'm happy they did what they did.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Bobber

« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2007, 12:54:01 PM »

Quote from: 828
It was a difficult situation, and it wasn't only George.  

Lennon was tired of McCartney, and he was the one who actually quit the band.

Harrison was sick of McCartney, and was willing to leave the band as well.

So the real question is this: the Beatles minus Paul McCartney?

Seems to me that Lennon, Harrison, and Starr got along.  McCartney was the black sheep, and the pest.

I know that Harrison worked with Lennon later on, but nothing they did as a collaboration touched what they did as "Beatles."

Listen to I Me Mine on Anthology 3 and you will get a different view. George: "Now that Dave Dee is no longer with us...." And George wasn't too mild on John in his autobiography neither.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

Cor, you lost me, buddy. How is George's quip about John leaving on holiday before the album was done supposed to be harsh? And how was he harsh in his autobiography?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 83 queries.