Beatles forums > Song Of The Week Series

Song Of The Week - The Word

<< < (5/5)

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar:

--- Quote from: In My Life on December 15, 2012, 06:39:57 PM ---I think this is one of the most important passages in the Bible.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I think so.

Dcazz:

--- Quote from: Hombre_de_ningun_lugar on December 04, 2012, 07:25:01 PM ---"The Word" has always been one of my very favourite songs. It's pretty funky, Paul's bass is awesome, Ringo's work predicted psychedelic drumming, John's voice during the bridges is at top form, and the harmonium gives an orgasmic ending. The song was also kinda prophetic, announcing the Summer of Love two years before.

Surely the Beatles didn't mean this, but the lyrics always remind me to the Bible: "the word is the light; the word is the way; the word is love." You know, Jesus is the Word (John 1:1).

--- End quote ---
Interesting. I sometimes think We Can Work It Out as like a conversation bettween God and me.

BLEEN:

--- Quote ---my only quibble with it is its a kind of 12 Bar Blues with added bridges that John sings so not musically that adventurous.......
--- End quote ---

Hi nimrod. Perhaps John was doing this on purpose to give the bridges a slightly talking/preaching kind of feel? He certainly seemed to be in a bit of a preaching mood during Rubber Soul..........as evidenced here, beginning at the 4:16 mark  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Beatles in Studio - Rubber Soul (1965) 

nimrod:
Yes BLEEN you could be right  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version