Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Magical Moments  (Read 37595 times)

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
Re: Magical Moments
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »

^  Awww, Bobber!  Thanks for ruining my list, man.   :P

I know you guys meant magical "moments" but I didn't have the time last night to delve into alllll the little details.  (I had to go to bed to get up early for my clinical practicum.)  But those are indeed songs that have special moments for me.

If I have time this weekend, I will try to explain myself further.

Bobber

« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2008, 06:42:31 PM »

Quote from: 1620
^  Awww, Bobber!  Thanks for ruining my list, man.   :P

You're welcome.  ;D

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2008, 07:21:58 PM »

One of the moments is the opening sounds of Get Back. John`s and George`s magical voices on Please Please Me.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »

Quote from: 1393
John`s and George`s magical voices on Please Please Me.

more so John and Pauls for me ;) George covers the middle ground

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #144 on: November 22, 2008, 09:57:23 PM »

(This is for Mr. Bobber.)

Beatles songs that are magical to me:

Hey Jude - I love it when the music seems to swell up as they burst into the "Na na na na" chorus.

Let It Be - The line:  "And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me, shine until tomorrow, let it be"--it is so uplifting.

She Loves You - Hard to pick a moment here...  The song's manic energy throughout is just magical.  But I do love the harmony on "Yeaaah" at the very end of the song.

I Saw Her Standing There - Paul's opening:  "One!  Two!  Three!  Four!"  Great start for a terrific song and album!

Penny Lane - Again, hard to pick a moment.  Just listening to this song transports me to a different place (erm, Liverpool?)...that's why it's magical to me.

Something - The lyrics:  "You're asking me will my love grow, I don't know, I don't know, just stick around now it may show, I don't know, I don't know" and the tender guitar solo.

Here Comes the Sun - It's the whole damn song for me that's amazing.  The "tinkling" guitars and the lyrics are amazing...it just makes you feel like one is just waking up from a long period of unhappiness and discovering life all over again.

The ending medley of "Abbey Road" - The whole medley is great, but the closer is incredible:  "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make", plus the soaring vocals and the blend of instruments that come after that.  What a way to end an album (let's ignore "Her Majesty").  It's HEAVEN.

Oh! Darling - Paul's gritty vocals, and his screaming at the very end.

Strawberry Fields Forever - The lyrics get to me...  "No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low" captures the feeling of alienation in a subtle and clever way.

If I Fell - The moment Paul joins John for the harmony.  It's perfection.

Here, There and Everywhere - "Changing my life with a wave of her hand" and "There, running my hands through her hair", and the gorgeous cooing harmonies in the background.

Across the Universe - I have to give John Lennon kudos for his beautiful and surreal lyrics here: "Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes..."  It's breathtaking imagery in words, and I always wait for that line to come while listening to the song.

The Night Before - "Last night is the night I will remember you by, when I think of things we did, it makes me wanna cry"--okay, this is completely stupid, but I like to dream that Paul is singing those lines to me.  However, it's the things I haven't done with Paul that makes me want to cry.   ;D

Julia - I love how John is softly calling his late mother's name in the song:  "Julia, Julia..."  It's very restrained but you can tell there are a lot of hidden emotions as he is trying to reach out to her.

Mother Nature's Son - "Swaying daisies sing a lazy song beneath the sun..." just takes me away from reality.

Real Love - The guitar solo and the "Real love" chorus make me feel emotional.  Plus, you can't call a Threetle "reunion" with John anything but magical.

That Means a Lot (unreleased) - Just listen to the damn harmonies!

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Clapton guitar solos and the fact that the guitar really does sound like it's crying (duh).

In My Life - The opening:  "There are places I remember, all my life though some have changed..."  It just invites the listener into the song since it's something that everyone can relate to and understand.

A Hard Day's Night - The brash opening chord.

What You're Doing - I love Ringo's drums at the beginning and end!

Yesterday - Okay, this is not a moment, but God, Paul's voice is amazing.

Don't Let Me Down - "I'm in love for the first time" must've been quite a smack in the face to Cynthia, but I love the feeling in that line; John's sense of joy and liberation at finding his true love.

Hold Me Tight - "Don't know what it means to hold you tight, being here alone tonight with you, it feels so right now"--I start drooling when I hear that.  It might sound like an innocuous pop track, but this song just screams sex to me.  And sex with Paul can't be bad, right?   ;D

Because - Don't fault me for not choosing an exact moment here, because we all know the entire song is magical.

Blackbird - I appreciate Paul's guitar work throughout the song...it is so intricate and delicate and suits the mood of the song so perfectly.  I guess this isn't a moment, but...shut up.  :)

Helter Skelter - I can't resist Paul's searing, screaming vocals:  "And I see you agaaain..."

I Wanna Be Your Man - Paul's long scream towards the end.

Dear Prudence - I love the guitars and the drumming that come in at the last minute of the song, plus the lovely guitar opening.

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - I've always adored how the electric guitar just cuts through the orchestral background noises.

A Day in the Life - All you Beatle fans should know exactly what I'm talking about here.

Beatles' covers that are magical:

Twist and Shout - The "Ahhh..." harmonies in the middle of the song, and the screams that follow.  Love it.

Long Tall Sally - The "We're gonna have some fun tonight" ending with Paul shout-singing.  I am clearly addicted to Paul's screaming.

Okay, that took forever.  I've updated my list from my other post, but I'm still not sure if I have every "magical" song or snippet.  Bobber, I expect you to send me a medal by tomorrow for doing this.   :P :P

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »

nice list Penny Lane!  :)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #146 on: November 22, 2008, 10:39:45 PM »

Penny Lane, you are a giant!

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #147 on: November 22, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »

And I Love Her- the song in general is magical, but specifically the lines "Bright are the stars that shine, Dark is the sky."
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #148 on: November 23, 2008, 01:08:18 AM »

Andy and Jane, thanks!   :)

Bobber

« Reply #149 on: November 23, 2008, 12:36:29 PM »

(This is for Mr. Bobber.)

Okay, that took forever.  I've updated my list from my other post, but I'm still not sure if I have every "magical" song or snippet.  Bobber, I expect you to send me a medal by tomorrow for doing this.   :P :P

You should be familair with this, it's Beatles-related.
Thank you for your nice list.  :)  Could you provide some more magical moments? And you can always start another thread about 'Magical Songs' of course.  ;D

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »

the feedback on i feel fine..........

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »

Quote from: 63

You should be familair with this, it's Beatles-related.
Thank you for your nice list.  :)  Could you provide some more magical moments? And you can always start another thread about 'Magical Songs' of course.  ;D

Oh, har har har.  No thanks, my fingers are still too tired from writing yesterday's list.   :P

Thanks for the medal, though, it is very cool.  ;)

Bobber

« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2008, 08:13:06 PM »

Thanks for the medal, though, it is very cool.  ;)

You realize it's an MBE?

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2008, 08:23:59 PM »

Quote from: 63

You realize it's an MBE?

Yes, of course I do!  What kind of Beatles fan would I be if I didn't?! ??) ??)

Bobber

« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2008, 08:27:04 PM »

Yes, of course I do!  What kind of Beatles fan would I be if I didn't?! ??) ??)

That's alright then!  ;D  And don't return it please!

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2008, 08:47:51 PM »

^  Trust me, I won't...  And I'll be sure to keep it hidden if John ever stops by asking to "borrow" it.   :P :P ;)

Revolver42

• Getting Better
« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2009, 01:54:29 PM »

What are your favorite little bits/trinkets in the Beatles songs?  For example, the singing of Frere Jacques in Paperback Writer.

One that comes to my mind is as "Hey, Bulldog" is winding down Paul is barking like a dog with John urging him on.  They both seem to be really loose, having a blast when tensions were usually high.  The video footage of this is really great too!
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

stevie

• Getting Better
« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2009, 10:06:31 PM »

Hey man, that's sort of weird! I was gonna start a thread like this!  Yeah, Hey Bulldog is one of the Beatle's gems! I've sort of re-discovered it in the last few months. Now my kids have to hear it in the car all the time.  I love the bit during the solo, about 1:21 into the song. The guitars and bass mesh and there's this great moment of the four being completely in sync with each other. And yeah that vid is awesome too!.

MandyBuglet

• A Beginning
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2009, 04:28:09 AM »

The swelling of music during "A Day in the Life" (both of them)

The last chorus of "Let it Be".

The first na na's of "Hey Jude"

Pretty much all of "Nowhere Man"...I love John's voice 8)

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

"John hitting the high note in HIAWG"

Forgive me, it's late and I'm tired, but what song is HIAWG? *blush*

(apologies if this is explained elsewhere in this thread)

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »

Quote from: 1927

"John hitting the high note in HIAWG"

Forgive me, it's late and I'm tired, but what song is HIAWG? *blush*
I'm thinking Happiness is a Warm Gun :)

Wow, great magical moments you guys 8)
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 78 queries.