Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Microscope: Live Peace In Toronto  (Read 12759 times)

nimrod

Re: Microscope: Live Peace In Toronto
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 08:39:10 AM »

Oh my. I decided to give this a listen on YouTube but ended up watching the Pennebaker film instead. Bo, Jerry and Richard sounded good but I know that's not on the album. “Blue Suede Shoes” sounded okay, but definitely unrehearsed.  "Money" sounded like they were suddenly very tired. Maybe they were just trying to rest up for when Yoko crawled out of her bag. Lizzy was like John was making it up as they went along. I agree that “Yer Blues” is the highlight of this thing. “Cold Turkey” would have been alright without you-know-who. She actually did sound like a turkey though. I used to mess around with my dad’s turkey call and that’s exactly what it sounded like. “Give Peace a Chance” was more of the same and then all hell broke loose, literally. Yoko said “Don’t worry” but it had no effect on poor Eric Clapton. He looked extremely worried, and rightly so. By the time “Let’s Hope for Peace” ended I imagine most everyone was thinking “Let’s hope for death”. Even John didn’t look like he was really buying it but I’ve always thought that when I’ve seen them together on stage. It was just the most bizarre thing I’ve ever endured and it felt like I’d just emerged from some kind of torture when it was over. Whew!

made me laugh Kelley ;D

nimrod

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »

I got through the album today and I really have to agree with Nimrod for the most part. The fact that Johns playing live is a cool thing but the music is poorly done with miscues on vocals and basically shoddy production. At times I enjoy side one but I haven't listened to it for years and probably won't again for a long time.
What they thought they were doing on side two I don't know. Yoko's vocals are beyond description and is arguably the worst piece of screaming junk ever put down on vinyl. Virtually unlistenable!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »

He's either reacting to a raunchy fart or Yoko's voice! I'm betting on Yoko!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 02:33:09 AM »

1.   Blue Suede Shoes – Man Alan sounds stiff on this one. Just wasn’t flowing. Johns guitar is too distorted and sounds almost out of tune. Best part is Erics solo and his warm up before the song, and they both stunk. Horrible.

2.   Money – Worst version of this song ever. Slower than a snail with a groin pull. Claptons solo is 
Fast while the rest of the song is slow, thus sounding like crap. Pure garbage. Alan didn’t do well with this one either. Who doesn’t know Money for cripes sake. Hard to believe this is the same drummer that plays for YES.

3.   Dizzy Miss Lizzy – I hate this song to begin with and this version sure didn’t help my decision any. I hate John’s moans in the one part before the bridge. Alan’s just playing to play. No energy. Eric hit a few wrong notes. Awful.

4.   Yer Blues – This actually started out pretty decent, but then the sharp shrieking started from Yucko. Alan does his best drumming here. John sounds decent too. It might have been passable, but then again, Yoko killed it. Unlistenable.

5.   Cold Turkey – No distorted guitar. Played in a grooving kind of 4/4 way. Somebody was giving Yoko electric shock treatment throughout the song though and its hard to hear the music sometimes. I’m regretting Cor even bringing this to the table. Damn you Cor. My ears demand an apology.

6.   Give Peace A Chance – Doesn’t sound right with the electric guitars. Sounds more like ‘Don’t Pass Me By’. Boring and sounds terrible.

7.   Don’t Worry Kyoko – The worst thing I have ever heard in my entire life bar none. I couldn’t even begin to finish this. Listen at your own risk. Once again, damn you Cor.

8.   John John (Lets Hope For Peace) – NO. Hell NO.

Seriously, this is only worth owning if your a collector of Beatle stuff. Thats the only reason I have it laying around. Its going back to its dusty grave now, hopefully to never be disturbed again.

Bobber

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:30:05 AM »

I’m regretting Cor even bringing this to the table. Damn you Cor.

Hey! It wasn't me who wanted to discuss the great solocarreer of John Lennon! Plus I didn't put this on vinyl!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 09:42:27 AM »

Plus I didn't put this on vinyl!

You mean you wouldnt have been proud to own up to that?

Bobber

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 10:11:45 AM »

You mean you wouldnt have been proud to own up to that?

That's a tricky question. ha2ha
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 1.03 seconds with 51 queries.