Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: are you sensitive about john?  (Read 6332 times)

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
Re: are you sensitive about john?
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 06:01:44 PM »

it's not so much how dying affected him, i have a 5 year old boy and i couldn't imagine not being there for him....i think of sean and how yoko must have tried to explain things...because i know my own son would still be crying
" You can't have a party without Beatles"
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2005, 04:09:10 PM »

I am sensitive. Once a guy in school said some very dirty things about John, and that he hated him. I got really angry, I nearly kicked him. I never cried for John though, in contrast with George.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2005, 08:39:16 PM »

this is depressing

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 04:09:48 AM »

Quote from: MagicAlex
this is depressing

very depressing, yes,but it's good to let things out sometimes
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 04:11:53 AM »

Quote from: Taxgirl
I am sensitive. Once a guy in school said some very dirty things about John, and that he hated him. I got really angry, I nearly kicked him. I never cried for John though, in contrast with George.

i never understood how people could hate a man like jhon. he may have had his moments, but he lived and breathed peace and love. not to mention he was a member in the greatest band ever. what's there to hate?
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2005, 04:57:57 AM »

Quote from: lennonlemon

i never understood how people could hate a man like jhon. he may have had his moments, but he lived and breathed peace and love. not to mention he was a member in the greatest band ever. what's there to hate?

yeah there are some disturbed people out there. the nazis hated the jews with no good reason, another example there is plenty of unnecessary hate in this world. actually, all hate is unnecesary. it's even worse when people act on this hatred, which was shown to us by john's slaying.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2005, 02:26:40 AM »

Yeah, a bit. On the radio today, they were having a big Beatles radio show and they played this clip from the news announcing "John Lennon has been taken to the hospital. He died of a gun shot on arrival...", and I /freaked/.

o_____o I had one of those dreams as well, a few weeks ago. I showed up while they were filming A Hard Day's Night and talked to all the Beatles and then I talked to John alone in a train compartment. o_o It was ... re-ee-eally weird. "You have to be really careful the night of December 8th, 1980, okay?" He didn't know. :O

I get chills listening to his "Double Fantasy" stuff. He sounds really secure at last, and then. . . y'know. Especially "(Just Like) Starting Over" and "Watching the Wheels" for me.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2005, 02:43:53 AM »

no i never do....i don't see it as my right.if that makes sense.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2005, 09:41:57 PM »

Since there was a bit of discussion about dreams about John before, I thought this would be a good place to share mine...

I'm sitting in some sort of dark room/basement with all of my friends and John and Ringo are there. They're both playing guitar for whatever reason, and we're all singing along (We do this a lot at my Uni with friends). After they finish a song, I lean over to John and say, "I know you'll think this is cheesy, but could you please play Julia?" Then everyone's quiet while he sings the first line.... "Half of what I say is meaningless..." and then he starts fingerpicking and plays/sings the rest.

It was so eerie the way he sung the first line alone like that, and the rest of it was so beautiful that I was crying in my dream (cheese-alert!). It's odd, because I haven't been one of those Beatles fans who are obsessed with Lennon in particular. I'm only recently beginning to truly realize his greatness, actually....

~ missy
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 58 queries.