Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Ok then, George W. Bush..  (Read 11249 times)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: Ok then, George W. Bush..
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »

Quote from: 56
Someone who's pro-Bush and not even from America... That must be rare.
Thats a reason why Im pro Bush. Frankly I dont see nothing wrong with the man... I mean at least he is helping out instead of just talking (like other country leaders do *ahem ahem NZ*). Also, perhaps me bing from Israel adds to my opinion...

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 11:36:30 AM »

Quote from: 596
I mean at least he is helping out instead of just talking

Well, he's more about actions than words, I'll give you that, but I'm not sure if I can see whatever he's doing as 'helping'.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 05:27:03 PM »

mm, somehow dictatorship...or as close to one that we have in america, is not really a helpful thing.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »

ok, so that i dont sound like a left-wing nutjob (as wayne put so gracefully many moons ago) heres some of what hes done to totally fark up.

tax cuts (alone, not a real problem, not great and it doesnt make him a republican since republicans are supposed to be fiscally conservative) while spending craploads of money

iraq

patriot act (basically giving the government the right to imprison us for dissent in the name of homeland security)

katrina relief, or lack there of

the current military buildup with Iran

and now its come to light that he doesnt actually plan on ever getting troops out of iraq but instead keep them in iraq and force the next president to also keep them into the next decade despite his telling the american public and soldiers over in iraq that they may be coming home by the end of the summer.
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/09/04/countdown-special-comment-you-have-no-remaining-credibility-about-iraq-sir/#more-21009
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 10:50:34 PM »

Nice summary, Somedude.

Speaking of Katrina "relief"-- there was a summary of the last 8 presidencies, how each leader responded to a similar crisis. Every one of them, Republican or Democrat, acted decisively and proactively to minimize loss of life and suffering. Bush's response was appalling. Troops actually prevented trapped people from leaving the area and stopped relief efforts from going in. Denied food, water, and shelter, the situation turned into a bloodbath. Numerous survivor reports bear this out first hand.

Forget about all the tens of thousands of innocent Iraqis this adminstration has killed if you like. Bush has American blood on his hands-- and we STILL keep this evil man in office. Sorry, I can't find any other word for it. Someone who prevents willing Americans (like Mayor Richard Daley who had the entire city of Chicago's trained relief force ready to roll, and was DENIED) from saving lives of people literally drowning over a period of days is an evil person. He deserves to be incarcerated for his crimes. There is absolutely no excuse for allowing this menace to run free.

You can read all about the screw-up (another word for mass murder) here: http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/katrina-timeline.php
Poor Bushie had to cut short his vacation to view the devastation-- and all relief efforts were suspended for HOURS while he did so, because we wouldn't want poor little Bushie baby to have a sniper turned on him just because all these people were drowning and he did jack all to fix it.

Me, angry? What thinking person would not be?
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Flaming Pie in the Sky

• A Thousand Pages
    • Gone Troppo
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 11:45:26 PM »

Ooo, very nice harihead

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 02:14:59 PM »

harihead, do you happen to watch keith obermann? i imagine youd love him. watch that special comment

legthi

• Getting Better
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2007, 04:18:49 PM »

Any other opinions of old georgie??

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2007, 10:27:25 PM »

he can rot in hell? ive got nothing more

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 05:24:58 AM »

Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay... (etc; ad nauseum). You can't fight a war and cut taxes at the same time without running up a huge deficit. As for the war itself, it was a gargantuan strategic blunder: the subject of debate is now us instead of the Islamic terrorists.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 09:28:23 PM »

Bush was just a stupid (meaning not a whole lot upstairs) man who was a puppet figurehead of the Republican machine - whose only goal is to maximize the wealth of the wealthy, at the expense of ... everything and anything.

The real tragedy will be if McCain is elected. Not because he is any worse than anyone else, but because the same Republican machine will keep on chewing up and spitting out the middle class and the poor until there is nothing left.

It seems to me that in their unfettered greed for having it all NOW, the drivers of the Republicans party (i.e., the very very very very wealthy) have only ensured their own demise along with that the "lower" classes they need to support them.  They will always need a middle class and poor class to "feed them", but their policies of the last 8 years or so are so severe that they have sucked all the wealth out of the system. I used to think that if they were immoral they were at least rational ... now I think they were just so greedy that they have screwed the USA for decades, if not forever.  

*But really sir, how do you feel about them?*
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 09:46:30 PM »

*buys an Alexis for President tee-shirt*
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 02:11:03 AM »

Seconded. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 01:37:17 AM »

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 02:21:50 AM »

but you have to remember, that regardless of who's president, the problems with the country is the fact that the lobbyists control congress, not democrats or republicans, freaking lobbyists!

they're the ones that wanted the oil in iraq, they're the ones that got the building contracts (those close to mr cheney, that is) and the military contracts. We sold our souls and our countries to corporations. There needs to be a cleaning of those corrupt individuals within our government.

This may be the only time i suggest this, but we need someone with good intentions to be a dictator (not the modern sense of the word, but the origianl latin term) where the person in charge would have power for 6 months and then they would have to go back to their normal status.

the problem with that, is that we need someone who isn't tied down to political ties. so basically we'd need someone who isnt in politics.

George is simply the most blatant form of our corrupt system. it can only get better, but only if politicans stay out of it.

....threadjacking over. I hope you enjoyed your trip  

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:15 AM »

Quote from: 343
This may be the only time i suggest this, but we need someone with good intentions to be a dictator (not the modern sense of the word, but the origianl latin term) where the person in charge would have power for 6 months and then they would have to go back to their normal status.

Who do you have in mind for this?

... okay, I'll do it. But is that six month limit set in stone?  ;D

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »

thats the problem, is that we dont have someone reliable for it.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »

I read a Dutch news article today that I thought was pretty funny...

Boom Chicago is a team of American stand-up comedians working in the Netherlands. They've announced that this summer they will give a 5 euro discount for their shows to everyone who dares to say "I love George Bush!" out loud to the cassier. Since George W. Bush is not very popular here (understatement) they expect that a large majority will just pay the extra 5 euros.  :)

Damn right I wouldn't go for the discount.  :P

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 02:14:07 PM »

Quote from: 56
I read a Dutch news article today that I thought was pretty funny...

Boom Chicago is a team of American stand-up comedians working in the Netherlands. They've announced that this summer they will give a 5 euro discount for their shows to everyone who dares to say "I love George Bush!" out loud to the cassier. Since George W. Bush is not very popular here (understatement) they expect that a large majority will just pay the extra 5 euros.  :)

Damn right I wouldn't go for the discount.  :P

Boy George doesn't feel the love over here, either:  ;D

Group seeks Bush sewage 'tribute'

A citizens group in San Francisco wants to pay an ironic tribute to President George W Bush when he leaves office - by naming a sewage plant after him.

The group, calling itself the Presidential Memorial Committee of San Francisco, wants the issue voted on at this November's election.

"It's important to remember our leaders in the right historical context," said petition organiser Brian McConnell.

The Republican Party thinks the plan stinks, and it will fight the measure.

Mr McConnell's group has submitted more than 12,000 signatures on a petition to the San Francisco Department of Elections.

If at least 7,168 of those signatures are found to be valid, the question of whether to rename Oceanside Water Pollution Control Plant after the outgoing president will be added to the ballot papers in November.

"In President Bush's case, we think that we will be cleaning up a substantial mess for the next 10 or 20 years," said Mr McConnell.

"The sewage treatment facility's job is to clean up a mess, so we think it's a fitting tribute."

'Ashamed'

But one Californian Republican, Patrick Dorinson, said the plan was "a horrible idea".

"This is why San Francisco is considered wacky," the former California Republican Party spokesman told the Associated Press.

"It makes me ashamed to be a San Franciscan if this is all they've got time to do."

And a city official stressed that Oceanside offered "extraordinary environmental benefits".

"That's not our understanding of what the authors of this initiative believe the current president has delivered," said Tony Winnicker of the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.

Mr Bush will leave office in January 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7494640.stm

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »

NAY and I can't vote.
he is the reason we're going into a depression. well part of the reason.
and he's the reason why people believe we should still be in Iraq.

Actually I think that the whole american government is screwed up!
this whole country....I can't say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.437 seconds with 85 queries.