New best of George Harrison Album

Started by JimmyMcCullochFan, Apr 14, 2009, 08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Smith

thanks for that Bobber, looking forward to hearing it..although i think the tracklisting could have been better.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Revolver42

...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

HeyJude18

yay!!!!  I'm more than excited to get it!!!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Revolver42

I now have this album.  Let me say, this is one of the best, if not the best, packaged cd I have ever seen.  The booklet is glossy and contains beautiful artwork.  The digipak is also glossy and appears to be very sturdy.  Even if you don't agree with the song selection, everything else will surely be a treat.  I consider it a bargain (I paid $9 for it).
...And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

DoBotherMe

Just ordered mine. It's #3 on Amazon...what does that mean? Thanks! Dana ; )

JimmyMcCullochFan

Euan Buchan

DaveRam

George at # 4 on the UK album chart with his new best of album .
It's his highest placing on the UK chart since , Living In The Material World reached # 2 in 1973 (thumbsup)

georgeharrisonluver

Quote from: 971George at # 4 on the UK album chart with his new best of album .
It's his highest placing on the UK chart since , Living In The Material World reached # 2 in 1973 (thumbsup)

That's great! I'm really getting into George's solo stuff so I want this and ATMP really badly! There is so much cool Beatles stuff coming out this year and I have no money! (cry4) Anyway, great picture of George on the front, one of my favorites!!!

Jane

I have just bought the album. It is really very beautiful! I like the songs and the order. The only question is why they put WMGGW, Something and Here Comes The Sun LIVE. Maybe studio version would have been better? What do you think?

Bobber

Quote from: 1393I have just bought the album. It is really very beautiful! I like the songs and the order. The only question is why they put WMGGW, Something and Here Comes The Sun LIVE. Maybe studio version would have been better? What do you think?

Because they were recorded AFTER George's time with the Beatles and got on George's solo-album The Concert For Bangladesh.

Jane

So, the album must include only solo stuff? I see. No Beatles stuff.  :)

DoBotherMe

iTunes' top 10 selling singles and albums of the week ending June 22, 2009! Dana ; )
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/06/23/ap6576227.html

DoBotherMe

He's doing well at home. I really like the remastered songs, especially theWMGGW guitar jam at 3:16. Dana ; )

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_albums.php