Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatley events, READ THIS!!  (Read 1461 times)

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
Beatley events, READ THIS!!
« on: November 18, 2007, 06:32:22 PM »

OK, I just found out from whatgoeson.com that on Monday, Nov. 19th, the Beatles tribute band called the Fab Four will be playing live on the Ellen DeGeneres show! It's on TBS, and starts at 9:00 pm (ET/PT). Watch it!

And, I have some more great news for all us Beatle fans! A new exhibit just opened on Nov. 17th at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. It's called "Help! Behind the Scenes of the Beatles Movie". Wow, I only live a 30-40 minute drive from Cleveland, so I'm going no matter what! This is great news, it's about time that got more Beatley stuff there. The exhibit runs through March 30, 2008.

Wahoo!!!
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Beatley events, READ THIS!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 04:50:14 PM »

Quote from: 793
OK, I just found out from whatgoeson.com that on Monday, Nov. 19th, the Beatles tribute band called the Fab Four will be playing live on the Ellen DeGeneres show! It's on TBS, and starts at 9:00 pm (ET/PT). Watch it!

And, I have some more great news for all us Beatle fans! A new exhibit just opened on Nov. 17th at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. It's called "Help! Behind the Scenes of the Beatles Movie". Wow, I only live a 30-40 minute drive from Cleveland, so I'm going no matter what! This is great news, it's about time that got more Beatley stuff there. The exhibit runs through March 30, 2008.

Wahoo!!!

Wow, that sounds excellent! I was up there this past summer, and was blown away by the Beatles artifacts and Memorabilia they had there (John's 1962 Rickenbacher, his original report cards and grade school sketches and musings in "The Daily Howl", his Sgt. Pepper coat, his black leather jacket from Hamburg seen in his "Rock and Roll" album, and others!).

Please give us a heads up on the "Help" display ... I'm going to have to find a way to get to Cleveland again before it goes away!

Thanks!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »

^Yeah, no problem! I'm definitly aching to see it! And I did see all that other Beatles stuff before too, I think they had the actual lyrics to In My Life, too! God, I loved seeing that Sgt. Pepper suit and the Hamburg jacket, and of course the famous Rickenbacker!  ;)
So how far away do you live from there?

I was upset that the tribute band on Ellen's show only played one song, and it was Please Mr. Postman out of all things! They should've played 3-5 songs written by the Beatles, like She Loves You, I Saw Her Standing There...Oh well...it was pretty cool anyways.
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »

Bummer about Ellen's show! Maybe they couldn't afford the royalty rate to play a real Beatles song. Sad.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »

Quote from: 551
Bummer about Ellen's show! Maybe they couldn't afford the royalty rate to play a real Beatles song. Sad.

LOL true. Perhaps the appropriate Beatle song to do on Ellen's show...would be (hehe) "Hey Bulldog" (then she can cry about it as the song is being played)

my bad. ;D

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 05:36:50 AM »

That group I believe has  long time running show in Las Vegas, if I get the chance and im not too broke I will go see it next month while im there.  As for the rock and roll hall of fame... I so wish I had the money to  go.  Im out in California so that would be a mission and a half  for me.  Oh well.... *sigh*
<br />

Page created in 0.748 seconds with 51 queries.