Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Tragic History of the Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour  (Read 1377 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
The Tragic History of the Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:37:37 AM »

Cinemanerdz
September 15, 2011
The Tragic History of the Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour

The fall of 1967 found The Beatles feasting on the critical and commercial success of the Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album and looking for a follow-up. Since the record’s June release, the group had become cultural and musical icons and had attained a form of rock sainthood. They were, by all accounts, perceived as infallible.Then, in early September, just a few weeks after the death of their manager, Brian Epstein (the victim of an accidental overdose of prescription-drugs on August 27, 1967), the Beatles began work on their next project – a film for television entitled Magical Mystery Tour. It would be an extravagant film, every bit as colorful, interesting, and original as their music. Or, at least that was how they envisioned it.

http://cinemanerdz.com/features/the-tragic-history-of-the-beatles%E2%80%99-magical-mystery-tour/1920
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: The Tragic History of the Beatles’ Magical Mystery Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »

Not really news, but nice to have the complete story of the film together.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:56 PM »

-Paul McCartney had originally written the “Magical Mystery Tour” song for inclusion on the Sgt. Pepperalbum.

Really?????

-Can  you belive there’s 50 hours of MMT footage that we’ve not seen. Jeez! I would love to see every minute of that…well every minute wit the beatles in it.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 01:12:43 PM »

-Paul McCartney had originally written the “Magical Mystery Tour” song for inclusion on the Sgt. Pepperalbum.

Really?????

I don't know about that. Fact is that Magical Mystery Tour was written before Sgt Peppers was released.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:00:13 PM »

I don't know about that. Fact is that Magical Mystery Tour was written before Sgt Peppers was released.
I think whoever wrote that is just plain wrong. It was always conceved by Paul to be for a seperate project although it does always seem surprising it was recorded so soon after Pepper and before Pepper was released.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Page created in 0.498 seconds with 47 queries.