A treasury and a place to meet people of all ages with various interests from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE READ OUR FORUM RULES HERE

Author Topic: New album  (Read 646 times)

Bobber and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

NotTheWalrus

• One And One Is Two
New album
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »

Any news on the new album? I haven't heard anything since this: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7393384/ringo-starr-2017-album-all-starr-band-tour

Since the tour has finished (?) he should have had time to finish the songs he was going to finish on the tour.

Progress?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: New album
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:43:48 AM »

Wasn't aware he was coming out with another.  I'm excited.  I always like me a new Ringo album.

NotTheWalrus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »

There are still twitter posts indicating that the album is still in the recording phase. Patience is needed.

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 09:16:58 AM »

McCartney and Starr reunite for new Ringo recordings

Ringo Starr has announced a new collaboration with Paul McCartney.

It marks the first time the two former Beatles have reunited in the studio since McCartney appeared on Starr's 2010 album Y Not. McCartney played bass guitar on the song Peace Dream, and sang on Walk With You.

The new collaboration is believed to be for Starr's forthcoming album, the follow-up to 2015's Postcards From Paradise.

Starr tweeted images of him, McCartney and Joe Walsh in the drummer's studio, thanking them for taking part in the recordings.

The new Ringo Starr album is being produced by Bruce Sugar, who posted an image of himself with Starr and McCartney on Facebook.

NotTheWalrus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

More details here: http://variety.com/2017/music/news/ringo-starr-new-album-birthday-peace-love-capitol-records-tower-1202489752/

So, we have a new Ringo album coming, a new Paul album coming, a Dhani Harrison album coming. What else?

EDIT: Short interview here:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtI6pQXCbkY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtI6pQXCbkY</a>

It says that Paul appears on two tracks!

EDIT: Lead track Give More Love is on Spotify. It's a fairly normal recent Ringo track. Very early Beatlely guitars.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:14:28 AM by NotTheWalrus »

NotTheWalrus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 12:36:47 PM »

New song from Ringo's new album. This features Paul doing an, in my opinion, Wingstatstic bass line. It also features Steve Lukather, Edgar Winter, and Joe Walsh.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/hear-ringo-starrs-new-song-with-paul-mccartney-joe-walsh-w494309

This is, again IMHO, one of Ringo's best ever rock tracks, currently matching my previous favourite 'Fill in the Cracks'.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:38:33 PM by NotTheWalrus »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 07:42:50 PM »

I like it.  Its no 'Instant Amnesia' in the rock department, but its good.

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:48:13 AM »

Ringo's 19th studio album is out now!

The album includes a long-awaited new collaboration from Ringo and Paul McCartney and also features Peter Frampton, Benmont Tench, Joe Walsh, Edgar Winter and others.

In addition to new songs, "Give More Love" also includes bonus track new renditions of "Back Off Boogaloo," "Don't Pass Me By," "Photograph" and "You Can't Fight Lightning."

The album is avaliable on both CD and vinyl.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:27:39 PM »

Love Ringo and have thoroughly enjoyed his last several studio albums..... but this one, pleasant as it is, feels a bit "samey" to me. The title track is more than a little reminiscent of "Never Without You" and the whole feel of the album has that "Y Not"/"Ringo 2012"/"Choose Love" smack about it. A winning formula to my ears, but Ringo sounds like he's become rather stuck in a groove and this growing habit of padding out the tracklist with back catalogue re-treads is wearing pretty thin now. Some catchy rockers though, as always; and aren't we all delighted the little bugger is still enjoying himself and looking so good at 77?

In My Life

• Global Moderator
  • That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:26:49 AM »

I listened to it the other night and rather enjoyed it. He really is an amazing guy, especially considering the health issues he had to deal with as a kid. I'm so glad I got to see him.
Kelley

In my life I've loved them all

Bobber

• Administrator
  • Sun King
« Reply #10 on: Today at 08:44:07 AM »

Love Ringo and have thoroughly enjoyed his last several studio albums..... but this one, pleasant as it is, feels a bit "samey" to me. The title track is more than a little reminiscent of "Never Without You" and the whole feel of the album has that "Y Not"/"Ringo 2012"/"Choose Love" smack about it. A winning formula to my ears, but Ringo sounds like he's become rather stuck in a groove and this growing habit of padding out the tracklist with back catalogue re-treads is wearing pretty thin now. Some catchy rockers though, as always; and aren't we all delighted the little bugger is still enjoying himself and looking so good at 77?

I haven't listened to it yet. But persuaded by tkitna I have listened to Ringo's albums of the last years and I did enjoy them enough. So I will most probably pick this one up as well. And yes, delighted that Ringo is still around and making music that is worth listening to.

Page created in 0.49 seconds with 22 queries.